Author Topic: Minuteman Project founder endorses Huckabee  (Read 3479 times)

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
Minuteman Project founder endorses Huckabee
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »
I saw this on Michelle Malkin: http://michellemalkin.com/2007/12/11/minuteman-project-founder-endorses-huckabee/

Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minutemen project, has endorsed Mike Huckabee, because of Huck's new plan to combat illegal immigation.  But in 2005, Huck said, "I would hope that no matter who we are, or where we are from, that America should always be a place that opens its arms, opens it heart, opens its spirit to people who come because they want the best for their families &, to a largely Hispanic audience gave him a standing ovation in a speech about immigration.

A reader quipped on the Malkin site, "What's next, the NRA endorsing Guliani?"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Minuteman Project founder endorses Huckabee
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »

Well, wait till the primaries are over with.  That wouldn't be surprising at all. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong (hey, it could happen  laugh ), but isn't Huckabee the guy who thinks the world is just 6000 years old and the dinosaur bones were put here by Satan to confuse us?

SomeKid

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »
Riley,

How dare a man have sincere religious beliefs!

Some of his are even contradictory to mine, but seriously, attack the man and his policies, not who he worships.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 01:46:20 AM »

Well, wait till the primaries are over with.  That wouldn't be surprising at all. 

Especially if a pro-2A like Ron Paul is running as a third-party candidate.

The Minutemen have been a little "PC" for my tastes. I'm more interested in who Ranch Rescue endorses....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

camacho

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 03:16:18 AM »
I think Mike gets undeserved beating on immigration. Just because he supported scholarships for children of illegals who were "A" students does not mean he is for illegal immigration. Yes, he is not Tancredo (Thank God) but if you want Tancredo vote for Tancredo. I personally find nothing absurd of a Minuteman supporting Mike.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:19:59 AM »
Riley,

How dare a man have sincere religious beliefs!

Some of his are even contradictory to mine, but seriously, attack the man and his policies, not who he worships.

I seriously and quite often disagree with Riley on alot of stuff...but....
If someone believes in that kind of crazy crap, do we really want them running our country?  I mean, come on, believing the world is 6,000 years old or that Dino bones are a plant by satan....he might as well say the world is flat.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 07:58:54 AM »
I think Mike gets undeserved beating on immigration. Just because he supported scholarships for children of illegals who were "A" students does not mean he is for illegal immigration. Yes, he is not Tancredo (Thank God) but if you want Tancredo vote for Tancredo. I personally find nothing absurd of a Minuteman supporting Mike.

Huck did not just do that one scholarship thing, he has also opposed crackdowns of illegals, and made a number of statements supporting their being in the U.S. illegally.  So I'd say it is very absurd for anyone anti-illegal alien to support him.

I did some more reading and learned that there has been some big splintering of Gilchrist's Minutemen group.  Anyone know the story behind that, at least in a nutshell?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
Jim Gilchrist, Secretary of Defense in a Huckabee administration?

It's crazy season.  Maybe he's short on Vitamin D.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.