Author Topic: My candidate of choice is kicking butt on raising money  (Read 13337 times)

CNYCacher

• friend
My candidate of choice is kicking butt on raising money
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:24:15 AM »
My presidential candidate of choice had a goal to raise $12M this quarter.  I just checked today and was surprised to find that he has raised $11.4M already and it's only Dec 13!

Also, the Dec 16th Tea Party hasn't even happened yet!

GO, ___ ____!!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: My candidate of choice is kicking butt on raising money
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »
Hey, another Ron Paul "me too" thread.  Cool!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:56:23 AM »
I don't know how you guessed who I was talking about. rolleyes

I was just pointing out the amount of money he has raised so far since it checked it today and was surprised.  I understand that there are some people on this board who would also be excited to know this, so I decided to share.

What is the significance of calling this a "me too" thread?
Are you implying that my support for RP is based on a bandwagon-type "joiner" personality?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:11:43 AM »
Good fundraising...I bet some peoples' parents credit cards are maxed.  grin

Maybe he can buy that funny money with his own face on it when he gets about .1% of the actual vote in the primary.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
I see, you are trying to rile me up.

FYI, the average donation on the last one-day fundraiser was $100.

Who are you backing?
Charles Babbage

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »
Who are you backing?

Whomever proves themselves to me by the time of the primaries. This is politics, not a religion with prophets to follow.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:47:14 AM »
"I don't know yet" would have sufficed.  Nice jab with the prophet thing. 
Charles Babbage

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »
I live in New Hampshire. If you had the displeasure of experiencing the rudely shouting Paulistas here, you'd feel the same way.

They managed to ruin Nashua's Holiday Walk, even.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »
What is the significance of calling this a "me too" thread?
Are you implying that my support for RP is based on a bandwagon-type "joiner" personality?
Eh, I guess I was just tired of hearing people say "My guy (Ron Paul) is a viable candidate too" when all the available evidence indicates that he isn't.

If you like Ron Paul and are happy he's finally managed to raise some money, then good for you.  But $12Million?  Add that to the $8M he's earned to date, and you get $20M total.  Romney made that much in Q3 alone.  Hillary raised $30M in Q3.  She's earned $100M to date.

I like most of Ron Paul's positions.  If he had a clue about foreign policy, and if he had half a chance of winning anything, then I'd gladly vote for him.  But really, he doesn't have a prayer.  $12M is small change for a presidential campaign, and Paul consistently polls right at the margin of error.  I won't throw away my vote.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »
I live in NYS and have never voted Democrat.  My vote is always a throw-away.

And it's always been the lesser of two evils as well.  But not next year.  I am going to know what it feels like to vote with a clear conscience.
Charles Babbage

pistolchamp

Is your concience clear if you help elect a damocrap?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »
Any vote for an "underdog" is wasted and given to the damocraps.  Remember Ross Perot?  Without that over rich, mouthy jerk with big ears Bush 1 would have easily beat Clinton and we wouldn't have had that idiot as president for 8 years.  Clinton didn't manage to carry Arkansas either time he ran... they remember the jackass when he was governor... and they won't vote for the Hildebeast either.

The best thing that could happen for freedom would be to have Bloomberg throw away a billion bucks and do a Perot surprise for the damocraps... split the vote and a republican patriot would easily win.  I'd even donate to Bloomberg's campaing, if he needed the money.

Len Budney

Re: Is your concience clear if you help elect a damocrap?
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 11:19:23 AM »
Any vote for an "underdog" is wasted and given to the damocraps.  Remember Ross Perot?

I remember hearing people say that back when Bush was running against Gore. Gore would have been a terrible president. If he tried really, really hard, he might have been 1/10th as bad as Bush. A trillion on the Kyoto protocol? It would suck, but it beats two trillion invading Iraq! He'd have liked to seize as much power as Bush, but he'd have been afraid to.

In that context, what you're saying loses most of its meaning. Sure, a vote against mugging is a vote for robbing. And sure, voting "none of the above" probably won't do much good. But is that a reason to vote in favor of your own mugging?

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »
Any vote for an "underdog" is wasted and given to the damocraps.  Remember Ross Perot?

I remember hearing people say that back when Bush was running against Gore. Gore would have been a terrible president. If he tried really, really hard, he might have been 1/10th as bad as Bush. A trillion on the Kyoto protocol? It would suck, but it beats two trillion invading Iraq! He'd have liked to seize as much power as Bush, but he'd have been afraid to.

In that context, what you're saying loses most of its meaning. Sure, a vote against mugging is a vote for robbing. And sure, voting "none of the above" probably won't do much good. But is that a reason to vote in favor of your own mugging?

--Len.

Well, yeah, except Gore wouldn't have been 10 times better than Bush.  Bush isn't nearly as bad as you think he is, he hasn't seized power like you say he has, and the Iraq war hasn't cost nearly as much as you think it has.

Your position follows logically from your premises.  Problem is, your premises are false.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 01:34:03 PM »
Who are you backing?

Whomever proves themselves to me by the time of the primaries. This is politics, not a religion with prophets to follow.

You'd never know it by the way the Kool-Aid drinkers are pushing the same old $^!t party line.  rolleyes
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Len Budney

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 04:25:57 PM »
Bush isn't nearly as bad as you think he is, he hasn't seized power like you say he has, and the Iraq war hasn't cost nearly as much as you think it has. Your position follows logically from your premises.  Problem is, your premises are false.

He hasn't? Eliminating habeas corpus, not temporarily but permanently, would in a sane world have gotten him tarred and feathered, put in the stocks for 300 years, and then hanged. It's been the cornerstone of law and liberty since the Magna Carta. Contrary to the popular expression, it isn't the Arabs who dragged us back to the 13th Century, it's Bush.

Not that Clinton wouldn't love to have done it. Bush is living every politician's wet dream.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 06:34:54 PM »
Why does "Is your concience clear if you help elect a damocrap?" make me think of "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore"?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 08:16:04 PM »
Today is the day of the tea party.
I am just going to note here that it's only 1am on the east coast, and he has jumped $400,000 since I checked an hour and a half ago.
 shocked

Update: I found this graph linked from teaparty07.com

This graph SHOULD update in real time throughout the day:

Times are in EST
Charles Babbage

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »
I guess there's no must-have video game on the market right now. Lots of $49.95s going from basements nationwide to somewhere!

BTW, $800k? The corporate sorts funding every other candidate sneeze that much into a hanky and throw it away. And no, they are NOT bad, some, in fact, most corporations are good things, they're not all evil, so don't even do that nonsense.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »
Manedwolf, 800K in less than three hours.  The sun isn't even up yet.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »
I guess there's no must-have video game on the market right now. Lots of $49.95s going from basements nationwide to somewhere!

What are you talking about! There is HALO3, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4 (you might like this, there is an invasion of a country who is of no threat), Kane and Lynch, Guitar Hero 3....so yeah.  rolleyes
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

LAK

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 12:38:59 AM »
Bush isn't nearly as bad as you think he is, he hasn't seized power like you say he has, and the Iraq war hasn't cost nearly as much as you think it has. Your position follows logically from your premises.  Problem is, your premises are false.
How bad is George W. Bush then?

Seized power? Just what has he done at all about those who have seized power in this country that fall under his executive office? How about .. nothing?

How much has the "war" in Iraq costs us? In blood? How about money; plane loads of cash "dissappearing" over there? $2.6 TRILLION that can not be accounted for by the Pentagon.  So who can say exactly how much money the "war" is costing us?

That's logic for you.

-----------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 04:19:05 AM »
Just past 9AM on the east coast and he is about to pass 1.5 million.
And the trend is curving up!
Charles Babbage

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 05:59:31 AM »
"Seized power? Just what has he done at all about those who have seized power in this country that fall under his executive office? How about .. nothing?"

Specific examples, please, or abandon the point.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
BTW, $800k? The corporate sorts funding every other candidate sneeze that much into a hanky and throw it away.

It'll be north of 6 million at the end of the day.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
BTW, $800k? The corporate sorts funding every other candidate sneeze that much into a hanky and throw it away.

It'll be north of 6 million at the end of the day.

Is he going to give it back when he doesn't get the nomination?