Author Topic: Aroisgevarft gelt  (Read 2230 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Aroisgevarft gelt
« on: December 17, 2007, 04:23:35 AM »
The title means "thrown out money", i.e. wasted money.  Can there be a bigger waste than this article suggests:

PARIS - Donors began committing funds from around the world Monday for the moribund Palestinian economy amid a renewed international push for a Palestinian state, with the European Union promising $650 million in 2008.

Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad is asking for $5.6 billion over three years. U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged the international community to fulfill the Palestinian needs and more.
See full story here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071217/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_donors;_ylt=Aj4lt3.Xa.XcfSO7qBzV6PWs0NUE

This is probably the most corrupt regime outside of Africa.  Maybe including them too.  The rule of law is a stranger gazing from across the border.  Vladimir Putin goes there to take lessons on crony capitalism.  They have received billions of dollars over the years from Arab, European, and the United states.  And the average dweller there is far worse off today than he was 25 years ago.
What is pumping more money into that cesspool going to accomplish?  And why isn't anyone asking this question?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Aroisgevarft gelt
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 04:35:59 AM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:51:32 AM »
The title means "thrown out money", i.e. wasted money.  Can there be a bigger waste than this article suggests:
Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" and his "War On Poverty" . . . the numbers are a bit fuzzy, but from what I've seen, the total cumulative spending on this is remarkably close to the USA's national debt . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 07:53:46 AM »
But that at least is past.  Or the damage is already done and just continues.  Here they can make a decision not to do it unless the Palis clean up their act.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.