Author Topic: Fred Fundraiser Targets $6M in Guns Pre-Christmas  (Read 4018 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Fred Fundraiser Targets $6M in Guns Pre-Christmas
« on: December 17, 2007, 07:11:37 PM »
http://www.scrappleface.com/
Fred Fundraiser Targets $6M in Guns Pre-Christmas
by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace ? 7 Comments

(2007-12-17)  Republican Presidential candidate Fred Thompson today, upon hearing that rival Ron Pauls supporters had raised $6 million in 24 hours to commemorate the Boston Tea Party, called on his supporters to match that figure in gun purchases before Christmas to mark George Washingtons victory at the Battle of Trenton.

Im tired of running around the country raising money that I just have to hand over to the same mainstream media companies that ignore my campaign, said the former senator from Tennessee. Weve done enough this year to support the so-called free press of the first amendment. Lets give a boost to our friends who make it possible for us to exercise our second amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Go out and get your sweetie a nice personal protection sidearm, said Mr. Thompson, or buy your kid his first shotgun. If you have a few bucks leftover, go ahead and get that civil liberties insurance device youve been thinking about for yourself. Id like to get ten or twelve thousand more firearms into the hands of law-abiding Americans, purchased from local merchants in hometowns across the nation.

Thompson supporters can visit the Fred 08 campaign website to anonymously report how much they spent on handguns, rifles and other firearms before midnight December 25, the eve of Washingtons crossing the Delaware in 1776.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: Fred Fundraiser Targets $6M in Guns Pre-Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:06:41 PM »
I know it's satire, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if a primary candidate actually tried doing a Ron Paul style money bomb.

If the Paul supporters can can do it outside of the campaign, with nothing more than the internet at their hands, surely Romney would be able to launch a few TV commercials asking for a show of support on a specific day.  Toss out an email to previous donors while you're at it.

I'm honestly not sure why the Tier 1 canidates aren't doing this.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:10:11 AM »
They are.

We Had Baracks Friday - http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/4vzvl

Fred's giving day - http://www.fredsgivingday.com/

and HuckaVoteForMeGodWantsYouTo has - http://dec27th.com and also had several other failed laughable attempts.

You can't fake grassroots.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Len Budney

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »
Fred's giving day - http://www.fredsgivingday.com/ ... You can't fake grassroots.

That one was cute: it blames Ron Paul supporters for all their misfortunes.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »
I'm not a Fred fan, but what the hell, I'll buy another gun before Christmas.  More guns = happier dasmi!

By the way, Barack's Friday raked in a whopping $4,700 Smiley

Paddy

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »
That one was cute: it blames Ron Paul supporters for all their misfortunes.

BOTH mainstream parties are scared shiiteless at the prospect of a vigorous third party.  As well they should be, because their days are numbered.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »

Boy, Riley, I never thought I'd be coming to you for optimism.  But can you spare me some?   sad
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

LAK

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:32:07 AM »
Nice one Fred. I'd still like to know whether or not you will get us out of that international criminal cartel that calls itself the "U.N."... and an idea of what you are going to do about the three letter words such as the ATF.

---------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 06:56:15 AM »
Site off-line
Thank you to all of those who supported Fred's Giving Day. Smiley

To all the decent Ron Paul supporters out there, my apologies for what I am about to say. This does not pertain to you.

A special shout out to all the Paul supporters who littered this site with phony pledges and racist e-mail addresses. Of all the supporters of different candidates out there, it was only you guys who took the time to make asses of yourselves. Only you.

Laugh now guys. Enjoy your moment.

My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more. You see, you can raise all the money in the world, but when you go around continually insulting and pissing off the hearts and minds that you need to win elections, you get nowhere!

Thats where youll be in a few months, and thats just what you deserve.

Uh, there was no claim of success or failure to pin on Paulistas.  I don't have any problem with calling an asswipe an asswipe...and it seems that numerous Paulitsas acted in such a manner.  Such behavior ought to be noted and condemned.

It is, unfortunately, another symptom that Paul & the Paulistas are not ready for the bigs.  On the contrary, such sophomoric behavior is the sign of a sophomoric group of folks.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 08:17:44 AM »
Site off-line

To all the decent Ron Paul supporters out there, my apologies for what I am about to say. This does not pertain to you.

A special shout out to all the Paul supporters who littered this site with phony pledges and racist e-mail addresses. Of all the supporters of different candidates out there, it was only you guys who took the time to make asses of yourselves. Only you.

My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more. You see, you can raise all the money in the world, but when you go around continually insulting and pissing off the hearts and minds that you need to win elections, you get nowhere!

Uh, there was no claim of success or failure to pin on Paulistas.  I don't have any problem with calling an asswipe an asswipe...and it seems that numerous Paulitsas acted in such a manner.  Such behavior ought to be noted and condemned.

It is, unfortunately, another symptom that Paul & the Paulistas are not ready for the bigs.  On the contrary, such sophomoric behavior is the sign of a sophomoric group of folks.
Hey!  I'm a Paulista now and I resent that remark.  Just because my guy has more grassroots support than yours is no reason to get nasty.  I can understand you being scared and anxious though, because we all now that the Republican Party's days are numbered.  This is just more irrefutable proof.

I'm gonna turn the tables of Fred and go buy a gun in honor of Dr Paul.  Or maybe I'll buy a new progressive reloading press in his honor.  I can't quite decide which I need more right now. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 08:25:36 AM »
Site off-line

This is very true. As I mentioned elsewhere, it even made the local paper that the Paulistas ruined the Nashua Holiday Walk and scared some kids by bellowing and marching back and forth in a group along the street during a nonpolitical event, shouting at the top of their lungs like a wannabe riot.

They're pissing off everyone here in New Hampshire. In addition, they've apparently tried to get more of the professional-protester unemployed loudmouths to come here, too. That's not how you get votes. And it's not how people behave who live in New Hampshire, where people still hold doors and say good-morning to strangers on the street, where you don't ever really hear shouting in public unless there's an emergency.

These people are rude, crude, loud, and boorish, and they're alienating their would-be voters. There's no two ways about it.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 01:51:34 PM »
Sophomores grow up and gain maturity, as they do, they at least will be on the side of right and goodness.  Even the Young Turks were young once.  grin

Quote from: HTG
...in honor of Dr Paul.  Or maybe I'll buy a new progressive reloading press in his honor. 

15 irony points for Gryffindor!

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."