Author Topic: Tancredo Announces New Strategy. Maybe Other Candidates Can Learn Something  (Read 18707 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
The idea that "government at all levels" will not enforce the laws they are sworn to uphold (to the point of falsifying evidence) is a conspiracy theory.
Break out the tin foil.  Looks like cloudy weather with a chance of helicopters.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

cassandra and sara's daddy

shiny side out at all times

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
No, it's a loser of an issue.  It is to conservatives what gun control is to liberals.  And the sooner the rest of the candidates get the idea that shipping em all back home isn't going to get them elected the better.

Maybe for you its a loser.  I think turning a blind eye to the widescale breaking of US immigration law is a loser. 
Shipping 'em home is only part of the solution.  Leaving the middle east alone and actually taking a stake in the prosperity of our own side of the globe, ending the cuban embargo, and a ground up reform of immigration policies and procedures is the only way to fix it.
Giving 12 million illegals amnesty isn't going to work.  Why?  Because then 12 million more will be hot on thier heels. 
It has nothing to do with race.  Its economics and crime.
How does an illegal alien become a "legal" worker?
Identity theft.  Our own government tells us its a huge problem.  Well, lets start with the largest group of identity thieves.
The illegals that are paid under the table send thier income back to thier country of origin.  They also don't pay the same taxes as the rest of us.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

LAK

• friend
Illegal immigration is certainly an issue with conservatives I talk to - and even others. It is only a non-issue with the current leadership of the "republican" party, aided by the media, because it is contrary to the facilitaion of the agenda of the planned North American Union. If the the leadership in the "republican" party - or an elected independant - can not shoot that one dead, it will not make any difference who is in the WH.

--------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

The Rabbi

• friend
No, it's a loser of an issue.  It is to conservatives what gun control is to liberals.  And the sooner the rest of the candidates get the idea that shipping em all back home isn't going to get them elected the better.

Maybe for you its a loser.  I think turning a blind eye to the widescale breaking of US immigration law is a loser. 
Shipping 'em home is only part of the solution.  Leaving the middle east alone and actually taking a stake in the prosperity of our own side of the globe, ending the cuban embargo, and a ground up reform of immigration policies and procedures is the only way to fix it.
Giving 12 million illegals amnesty isn't going to work.  Why?  Because then 12 million more will be hot on thier heels. 
It has nothing to do with race.  Its economics and crime.
How does an illegal alien become a "legal" worker?
Identity theft.  Our own government tells us its a huge problem.  Well, lets start with the largest group of identity thieves.
The illegals that are paid under the table send thier income back to thier country of origin.  They also don't pay the same taxes as the rest of us.

You lost me when you advocated "shipping them home."  You also lost any semblance to a reasonable policy.
Ship em home, mine the border might play in Pigsknuckle IA but it won't attract any votes.  And it sure isnt a policy that will generate success at the polls.

Paddy

So, Rabbi, I assume you support parity, treatment equal to U.S. citizens for all these border jumpers?  IOW, these indigents are entitled to free medical care, welfare, foodstamps, education, bilingual services (which aren't necessary for most U.S. citizens, but that's another argument), etc., no matter what it costs?

The Rabbi

• friend
So, Rabbi, I assume you support parity, treatment equal to U.S. citizens for all these border jumpers?  IOW, these indigents are entitled to free medical care, welfare, foodstamps, education, bilingual services (which aren't necessary for most U.S. citizens, but that's another argument), etc., no matter what it costs?

I dont support those things for anyone, I dont care where they came from.
But nice try.

longeyes

• friend
Dear Rabbi,

Call it "conspiracy" if you want, call it George Bush's Mexicanic Complex, call it corrosive countrywide corruption in government circles, I don't care.  What is, is (thank you, Bill Clinton).  We have pols who have sold out the rule of law and their American neighbors.  We have businesspeople doing the same thing. 

The good news is that the real perps in this process are a decidely finite number--in the thousands--and if we want, when we have to, we can deal with them to save this nation.  That day will come. Ajea jacta est, my friend.

We are not just going to absorb tens and tens of millions of people who care little or nothing for the values that produced America without, eventually, all hell breaking loose.  What kind of hell that is is up to us and whether we are going to do the right thing or have things do us.

Rock on, padre.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

mtnbkr

• friend
in mannasas georgtown south was a noted open air drug market for decades... till the latinos moved in

Sorry, it ceased to be an open air drug market when the police created several satellite stations in GTS and began patrolling the area frequently, doing community outreach, etc.  I live in the neighborhood next to GTS.  I can see GTS from my front porch and my deck.  I drive through GTS to get to downtown Manassas (it's shorter than going around).  It and its issues are neither remote nor abstract to me.

We had a recent crimewave in our neighboorhood consisting of Hispanics breaking into homes during the day.  It was serious enough for the police to perform a mass phonecall campaign.  The message left on my phone specifically mentioned Hispanics as the suspects.

Chris

longeyes

• friend
The idea that "government at all levels" will not enforce the laws they are sworn to uphold (to the point of falsifying evidence) is a conspiracy theory.
Break out the tin foil.  Looks like cloudy weather with a chance of helicopters.

The issue isn't what word you use to describe, the issue is whether I am correct.  And I am.  It is happening from the White House on down.  Massive arrogance on the part of elected officials and unelected bureaucrats.  They are defying our will.  THAT is the underlying problem, and a better word than conspiracy is tyranny.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend

The issue isn't what word you use to describe, the issue is whether I am correct.  And I am.  It is happening from the White House on down.  Massive arrogance on the part of elected officials and unelected bureaucrats.  They are defying our will.  THAT is the underlying problem, and a better word than conspiracy is tyranny.
But since it is not widely reported--heck not reported at all--and this allegation rests on over-generalizations, rumors and hearsay, as well as running contrary to both common sense and empirical evidence, it qualifies as a conspiracy theory.  "Tyrrany" makes it sound like it has some validity somewhere.  "Conspiracy thory" makes it sound like the views of cranks and nutjobs.  Which is just what it is.

CAnnoneer

• friend
This thread is the typical Rabbi: any nationalism = Nazi, any cultural identity = racism, any law enforcement = Auschwitz, any opponent = antisemite.  cool

Thankfully, the public is not so stupid. If Tancredo were just a looney that nobody pays attention to, the other candidates would not have made large changes in their stance to at least appear tougher on the issue. Even Hillary missed a beat with the driver's licenses. The candidates saw how amnesty bill after amnesty bill got defeated in 2007, to a great extent due to the efforts of common folk organized by grass-roots movements, such as NumbersUSA, one in which I did my part, btw. Ah, but it is a killer issue with SOME hispanic voters. Would you rather lose a few percent of "open borders" loonies or 80% of the voters demanding enforcement and the rule of law?

Clearly, the Rabbi in his midwestern bunker in the boonies has not yet got the cocoanut mail.  grin LOL

Paddy

Rabbi, what have you got against 'overgeneralizations, rumors and hearsay'? when those are the bases upon which we elect our government?

i used to go to gts to cop and the satelite stations and driveby policing didn't slow buisness down much. but i do remember the dealers grousing about the neighborhood changing when the  latinos started moving in. from a consumer standpoint we attributed the loss of the marketplace to that change

longeyes

• friend
Let me get this straight: illegal aliens move in from south of the border and drug dealing goes down...?  Dude, you're smokin' SOMETHING, wherever you're getting it.  You're telling us that Latino gangs, largely comprised of illegal aliens and the children thereof, aren't heavily involved in drug-dealing?  Lunacy.

As for the rabbinical exchanges, I'll stand by my assertion that what we have goes beyond "conspiracy" to outright tyranny, an arrant disregard for the rule of law and the will of American citizens by those entrusted with political power.  The hat dance starts in the White House.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

reallity can be a painful thing when it attacks an ideology
the neighbor hood in question was a notorious open air drug market its not today. chris and i disagree as to the causes. he lives on the border of the area i used to be a customer had a few friends that lived there.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
On the one hand we have The Rabbi saying that cracking down on illegal immigration is a loser.

On the other hand, every Republican candidate has significantly modified their position on illegal immigration to be more in line with Tancredo's.  To include McCain.

Perhaps they know something that The Rabbi does not.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
reallity can be a painful thing when it attacks an ideology
the neighbor hood in question was a notorious open air drug market its not today. chris and i disagree as to the causes. he lives on the border of the area i used to be a customer had a few friends that lived there.

Which "ideology" is that?  The one that says that MS-13 doesn't represent "family values" any more than the high percentage of babies born out of wedlock in the same community?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
On the one hand we have The Rabbi saying that cracking down on illegal immigration is a loser.

On the other hand, every Republican candidate has significantly modified their position on illegal immigration to be more in line with Tancredo's.  To include McCain.

Perhaps they know something that The Rabbi does not.

Or perhaps they are responding to the Know-Nothing wing of the party that is demanding "action" in return for votes.  That never happens, right? rolleyes rolleyes

In the meantime if immigration were a winning issue Tancredo would be a front runner instead of the has-been he was even before Iowa.
How many Dems have addressed immigration?  How often do you hear them talk about it?  Seldom, because people outside of talk radio dont much care and no one has an effective solution that is politically feasible.
The GOP cannot win this election without winning border states like AZ.  Since legal immigrants in those states make up a large number of voters, anti-illegal rhetoric is perceived (rightly so in many cases) as anti-Hispanic.  And those people will either sit home or vote Democrat.

The Rabbi

• friend
This thread is the typical Rabbi: any nationalism = Nazi, any cultural identity = racism, any law enforcement = Auschwitz, any opponent = antisemite.  cool

Thankfully, the public is not so stupid. If Tancredo were just a looney that nobody pays attention to, the other candidates would not have made large changes in their stance to at least appear tougher on the issue. Even Hillary missed a beat with the driver's licenses. The candidates saw how amnesty bill after amnesty bill got defeated in 2007, to a great extent due to the efforts of common folk organized by grass-roots movements, such as NumbersUSA, one in which I did my part, btw. Ah, but it is a killer issue with SOME hispanic voters. Would you rather lose a few percent of "open borders" loonies or 80% of the voters demanding enforcement and the rule of law?

Clearly, the Rabbi in his midwestern bunker in the boonies has not yet got the cocoanut mail.  grin LOL
I would challenge you to point out any place that substantiates these outrageous claims.

CAnnoneer

• friend
Rabbi, learn to look at yourself through somebody else's eyes. You have hot buttons that always get pressed, over and over again and in different threads. You need to look inside yourself and ask yourself how many national interests you are willing to undermine to cater to your fear of the "goy".

The Rabbi

• friend
Rabbi, learn to look at yourself through somebody else's eyes. You have hot buttons that always get pressed, over and over again and in different threads. You need to look inside yourself and ask yourself how many national interests you are willing to undermine to cater to your fear of the "goy".
It's posts like this and posters like you that make me question why I ever decided to come back to this board.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Well, this one turned pleasant, didn't it?   rolleyes

NEXT!
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"