Author Topic: Ron Paul Is #1 in National Poll!  (Read 3231 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Ron Paul Is #1 in National Poll!
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:53:19 PM »
Too bad for RP that nation is Transdniestria:

http://www.tiraspoltimes.com/news/ron_paul_wins_in_freedom_loving_transdniestria.html

I had head of Tiraspol, but not of Transdniestria.  Learn something new every day.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Ron Paul Is #1 in National Poll!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »
I didnt realize that was actually a separate country.

Well, when Ron Paul loses he still has a political future somewhere.....
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:14:49 PM »
Its not, according to the article.

If I could choose anywhere to live, it would probably be a small country that just gained its independence.  For some reason, those are the types that know how to respect freedom.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »

If I could choose anywhere to live, it would probably be a small country that just gained its independence.  For some reason, those are the types that know how to respect freedom.

You got to be careful with freedom though. Terrorists hate you for you freedoms. As long as you are free, they will follow you.  Just ask Guliani.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »

Check out the free economics on Estonia. The fastest growing economy in Europe. Not western Europe, not eastern Europe... the fastest growing economy in Europe.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »
Thats mainly because the first Finance Minister had no education in economics beyond reading Milton Friedman's Free To Choose.  He thought everyone did things that way and set it up accordingly.
All the E.European countries are kicking butt economically where they have adopted a flat tax etc.  You would think someone here would get the idea.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 05:36:15 AM »
Thats mainly because the first Finance Minister had no education in economics beyond reading Milton Friedman's Free To Choose.  He thought everyone did things that way and set it up accordingly.
All the E.European countries are kicking butt economically where they have adopted a flat tax etc.  You would think someone here would get the idea.

Would that our gooberment officials were so "ignorant."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 06:11:45 AM »

You have to remember that our politicians (especially on the left) do not want a particularly vigourous economy. A sputtering economy tends to cause people to want more government.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 06:25:14 AM »
No, they're happy for a better economy.  Better economy=more tax revenue=nore opprtunity to "share the wealth"=more power base for both pols and bureaucrats.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 06:31:28 AM »
Regarding tiny countries, I actually found an export product from Liechtenstein.

Trader Joe's Pea Soup.

PRODUCT OF LIECHTENSTEIN.

I didn't know they had any exports but wealthy socialites.  cheesy

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »

Would that our gooberment officials were so "ignorant."

Wihout tax disparity you cannot have class warfare.  This is what they thrive on, especially the Dems.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”