Author Topic: Paulians behave like a Palestinian mob, chase Hannity...  (Read 25299 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Paulians behave like a Palestinian mob, chase Hannity...
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »
I figured it out!  Theres one Paulian dude posting as like 10 of em', trying to make Paulian thought look mainstream and ligitimate...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »
I urge you, and everyone else inclined to throw stones at science fiction fans in general and Star Wars costumers in particular, to remember that this is supposed to be the "Armed POLITE Society"...

And I urge you not to take things so seriously.  smiley

So it's okay to be rude, to insult others for what they do (which harms no one, demonstratedly HELPS many, and shows a level of technical competence in various fields beyond the grasp of many, apparently), simply because you're prejudiced against them?  Not even because of any real consideration about the topic - just because you've bought into the stereotypes?

I thought the whole idea was to be better than that, myself... undecided 

Actually, I think most of us here are science fiction fans, even the guys in this thread who've made negative comments.  (And Manedwolf is a HUGE video game and audio-visual geek.  Tongue  )  I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan, myself.   

What I meant is that you've read a few comments in one thread, and suddenly conclude that we're all on some anti-sci-fi crusade.  They were really poking fun at Ron Paul supporters, more than anything.  Some seem to think Ron Paul's support comes largely from young punks smoking weed in Momma's basement. 

As far as debate on the topics go, we've done plenty of that already.  You'll find more, if you keep reading.  This isn't really a serious political thread, though.  Look at the thread title.

I thought the Wookie picture was kinda funny, myself, but I guess it's just the usual political circus. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2008, 03:37:10 AM »
erictank: You do realize that you are having an arguement about the merits of a hobby where one conceals their true identity with a person on the Internet who calls himself "Manedwolf" and represents himself visually with a picture of a puppy dog, right?....  undecided

Can we please let this rabbit go and get back to bashing pseudo-conservative radio talk hosts, each other's candidates for President, George W. Bush, the Baby Jesus, and fistful like we were doing before?......  rolleyes
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2008, 05:01:18 AM »
Can we please let this rabbit go and get back to bashing pseudo-conservative radio talk hosts, each other's candidates for President, George W. Bush, the Baby Jesus, and fistful like we were doing before?......  rolleyes

As long as Eric can wear his Storm Trooper armor while he's posting.  We don't have any rules against that, do we? 

crawdaddyjim

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »
Hey, how's that hand print on yo face Mr. I got more posts than you, so I am bettergrin

And a hearty THANK YOU to Mr. Off the top rope Irwin.....

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2008, 09:55:13 AM »
Finally watched the video.  From the title, I expected much worse.

That was kind of funny.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
I just watched it, too.  It's probably just me, but the constant use of "suck" made them seem pathetic and childish.  Junior high antics. 

If you want some real, hard-core Hannity-hatred, listen to the Hate Hannity Hotline, right after the half-hour break, in the last hour of the the Hannity radio show.  They play the nasty phone messages he gets.  It is the best thing on the air.   cheesy

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2008, 11:20:35 AM »

As long as Eric can wear his Storm Trooper armor while he's posting.  We don't have any rules against that, do we? 

Depends on what you're wearing, fistful......  shocked
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2008, 11:40:27 AM »
A white gown, and I have my long, blonde hair pulled into buns on the side of my head.  What else? 

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »
What, no golden bikini?  You sir disappoint us!   grin
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »
What, no golden bikini?  You sir disappoint us!   grin

E chuta'........

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
"Behave like a Palestinian mob" is a bit extreme, though--it isn't as if the Paulian's opened fire at a funeral or stoned a woman for showing a little leg.

But when Bill Clinton becomes the voice of reason, you know the Paulians have gone past "libertarian" to "lunatic fringe".
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »
"Behave like a Palestinian mob" is a bit extreme, though--it isn't as if the Paulian's opened fire at a funeral or stoned a woman for showing a little leg.

But when Bill Clinton becomes the voice of reason, you know the Paulians have gone past "libertarian" to "lunatic fringe".

Well, it was in terms of the fact that one expects Americans to protest coherently, not go "AHHH Foxsucks blarg ARRG AHHH" while running up on someone like a mob. That's more "sandbox" than "middle America", for sure.

erictank: You do realize that you are having an arguement about the merits of a hobby where one conceals their true identity with a person on the Internet who calls himself "Manedwolf" and represents himself visually with a picture of a puppy dog, right?.... 

Um. The picture is a maned wolf with its tongue sticking out. I thought it was funny. The animal is one I've done some things to help with conservation efforts of, it's a pretty cool-looking South American quasi-canine that's endangered. I like to make people aware that they exist, so they'll check out what they are. I didn't think that a randomly chosen web avatar pic related to a conservation hobby was anything like playing dress-up as an adult.

And Fistful, I know video stuff because it's my job. They pay me to edit high-def videos for tradeshows as part of marketing, and buy me a new version of Final Cut Pro every time it comes out. I don't just do print marketing. Need to wear lots of hats these days. smiley

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »

erictank: You do realize that you are having an arguement about the merits of a hobby where one conceals their true identity with a person on the Internet who calls himself "Manedwolf" and represents himself visually with a picture of a puppy dog, right?.... 

Um. The picture is a maned wolf with its tongue sticking out. I thought it was funny. The animal is one I've done some things to help with conservation efforts of, it's a pretty cool-looking South American quasi-canine that's endangered. I like to make people aware that they exist, so they'll check out what they are. I didn't think that a randomly chosen web avatar pic related to a conservation hobby was anything like playing dress-up as an adult.

Well....I didn't say it wasn't a cute puppy dog.....I was just pointing out an ironic situation apparent to me.....

BTW, should fistful keep with the white robes or go for the metal bikini?.....

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »
I urge you, and everyone else inclined to throw stones at science fiction fans in general and Star Wars costumers in particular, to remember that this is supposed to be the "Armed POLITE Society"...

And I urge you not to take things so seriously.  smiley

So it's okay to be rude, to insult others for what they do (which harms no one, demonstratedly HELPS many, and shows a level of technical competence in various fields beyond the grasp of many, apparently), simply because you're prejudiced against them?  Not even because of any real consideration about the topic - just because you've bought into the stereotypes?

I thought the whole idea was to be better than that, myself... undecided 

Actually, I think most of us here are science fiction fans, even the guys in this thread who've made negative comments.  (And Manedwolf is a HUGE video game and audio-visual geek.  Tongue  )  I'm a bit of a sci-fi fan, myself.   

What I meant is that you've read a few comments in one thread, and suddenly conclude that we're all on some anti-sci-fi crusade.  They were really poking fun at Ron Paul supporters, more than anything.  Some seem to think Ron Paul's support comes largely from young punks smoking weed in Momma's basement. 

As far as debate on the topics go, we've done plenty of that already.  You'll find more, if you keep reading.  This isn't really a serious political thread, though.  Look at the thread title.

I thought the Wookie picture was kinda funny, myself, but I guess it's just the usual political circus. 

I love fiction to.  The wookie picture was funny.  I enjoy science fiction such as Enders Game, Star Wars, Creationism, and Star Trek.  I also love lots of fantasy fiction such as Dragonlace, The Lord of The Rings, The Holy Bible, and the Shannarra (spelling?) series.  These are some of the great books I read going up that turned into some great nights of reading all night.

So many great characters as well.  Tanis, Frodo, Jesus, Raistlin, and many others.  I think they are the ones who brought the books to life in my opinion. 

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
Hmmm...something tells me Tecumseh has some hangups with Christianity, that he lets bleed over into the rest of his life like a door-to-door preacher that wont leave you the hell alone.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2008, 02:22:54 AM »
Hmmm...something tells me Tecumseh has some hangups with Christianity, that he lets bleed over into the rest of his life like a door-to-door preacher that wont leave you the hell alone.

Just wait, It gets even funnier when shooting student arrives to defend Tecumseh's "Christian Upbringing" from any nay-sayers.

But, as long as its not contagious, I'm OK with it.