Author Topic: Should Marijuana be legal?  (Read 54609 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Should Marijuana be legal?
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2008, 01:47:12 PM »
eh, legalize all drugs.

We should have a steroid enhanced league of ball players and a clean one.
Drug Olympics and a clean one. 

Cigarettes are simply a "delivery system" for nicotine.
A popular one, I'm willing to bet crack heads will put down the pipe
if we had coke ciggs and gum.

I've known people who functioned just fine with heroin addictions, but they had plenty of money.

I wouldn't start taking drugs if it became legal, just profit from all the extra people taking cabs to avoid dui charges.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

armchair warrior

• friends
  • QuickDraw on THR
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2008, 06:14:09 PM »
No.The second hand smoke is dangerous and would
kill children and kittens. police
(see other thread on making tobacco illegal)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2008, 03:14:18 AM »
Another thing to consider......

...looking at how welfare has affected elections, would you feel comfortable in leaving the fate of this nation to a block of voters who will vote for the candidate/party who provides the greatest amount of government-subsidized drugs to the public?.......

....kinda like we did with Medicare Part D?......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2008, 06:57:58 AM »
...looking at how welfare has affected elections, would you feel comfortable in leaving the fate of this nation to a block of voters who will vote for the candidate/party who provides the greatest amount of government-subsidized drugs to the public?.......

....kinda like we did with Medicare Part D?......

As you mention, it's already happened.  Medical drugs are far more expensive than the recreational ones would be if legalized.  I've seen figures where a bottle of heroin would be cheaper than a bottle of aspirin.  A given amount of MJ would keep a junkie satisified longer than an identical amount of tobacco. 

On the oddball side, 'greated amount' could end up being a self correcting problem...   shocked

Still, it's not like welfare types aren't already using illegal drugs, much less the legal ones like alcohol and tobacco, so it might work out.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
Do you have any links to these studies that show drugs would be cheaper?  It would help me out for a paper I plan to write and I would like to have more ammo to fight the fascists that feel we should not have freedom to put what we want in our bodies. 

RichK

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2008, 12:40:52 AM »
I don't care about the legalities of pot, I won't be using it.  That said, I see the harm from the crusade against it as far greater than the damage from it.

Exactly the point. In 15 years in EMS, I have had to fight with a number of drunks. The only problem with the potheads is telling them " no, we are not stopping at 7-11 for munchies."

The so-called 'War on Drugs' has precipitated a lot of other extremely questionable laws, such as forfeiture laws.

"We can't arrest Joe Bob for any crime, but we can arrest his money. He has to prove he got it legally."
Or his car, house, etc.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2008, 07:31:21 AM »
I don't care about the legalities of pot, I won't be using it.  That said, I see the harm from the crusade against it as far greater than the damage from it.

Exactly the point. In 15 years in EMS, I have had to fight with a number of drunks. The only problem with the potheads is telling them " no, we are not stopping at 7-11 for munchies."

The so-called 'War on Drugs' has precipitated a lot of other extremely questionable laws, such as forfeiture laws.

"We can't arrest Joe Bob for any crime, but we can arrest his money. He has to prove he got it legally."
Or his car, house, etc.

You have a problem with government theft? Wink 

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2008, 06:01:58 PM »
Do you have any links to these studies that show drugs would be cheaper?  It would help me out for a paper I plan to write and I would like to have more ammo to fight the fascists that feel we should not have freedom to put what we want in our bodies. 

I'd try google, I don't have any handy.

Still, consider:

Rather than having to grow pot in basements and out of the way places, you'd be able to grow it on farms and in greenhouses - increased productivity at lower cost.
Rather than having to use 'go fast' boats to sneak drugs past the border patrol, not to mention risky mid-sea transfers and such, you'd simply load the stuff up onto a cargo freighter.  Cheaper, safer, and more predictable transport.
Rather than produce your drugs using kitchen tools, you use professional industrial chemical equipment. - cheaper and safer in large quantities.
Rather than having to worry about governments dumping herbicides on the crops, they can sell them to various US companies.
No need to keep writing off cars, houses, boats, etc as cost of doing business.
A storefront makes for stability and better sales potential with less labor than hanging out in a park at night.

Paddy

« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
The WOSD is as stupid as the WOT.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »
What people huff, puff or chug should not be a matter decided for anyone by the state. Unless it pertains to persons that are in the custody of the state, that is different.

Passing laws, regulatory agencies and making people criminal targets for this kind of thing simply creates another corrupt army of public servants and feeds the corrupt interface between the criminal cartels in and outside the gov empire.

---------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
Amen.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.