Author Topic: Papers please! Chertoff tries again...  (Read 10415 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Papers please! Chertoff tries again...
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 03:39:46 AM »
Nah, I bet he is just an American who puts the interests of Americans before other interest groups.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »
the bureaucrats don't CARE. Why should someone working a zero-advancement sub-40K job in an office last decorated in 1960 with computers last updated in 1991 care, especially if they really can't be fired? Answer: They don't.

That's a good argument to make them care by changing the firing rules. It is not a good argument to let government continue its devolution into an ugly inefficient incompetent ineffectual mess that drains resources and hamstrings the country's progress.

Government is like a six-horse carriage galloping out of control. You can choose to seize the reigns and steer it in the correct direction. Or, you can choose to start tripping a horse or two, in the hope that you buy yourself a bit more time before they run you over the cliff.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 03:28:57 AM »
It seems that many people are missing this public-private "partnership" empire as it grows bigger and bigger. This is about private contractors who will collect, store, and disseminate you personal database, history etc as they see fit in accordance with their contractual obligations. Additionally the info may be lost, tampered with, stolen, etc.

I have said it a number of times before; the interface of international crime money; drugs, guns, people - "terrorism" - and gov and gov agencies is far too big a temptation to contain cross borders. It is also too big to eliminate temptation even on the domestic front.

Knowing you can not completely remove the temptations; you minimize them. Not only does Chertoff need to go; the whole Homeland Security empire needs to go with him - including it's architects in the administration from top to bottom.

It really is not that difficult to find out if most people in this country were born here, naturalized, or are here on a visa etc. If we close our borders to easy trespass and eject as many of those trespassers as can be found, we do not need any NVKD empire, RealID - or more immigrants from third world countries for that matter. This place has become crowded enough.

------------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 06:27:04 AM »
No commercial airliners?  I can predict a massive boom in the private charter business.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 08:36:48 AM »
No commercial airliners?  I can predict a massive boom in the private charter business.

Anything that goes in the air is under the jurisdiction of the FAA, as is anything that carries passengers. They'll find a way to block that.

You can't mess with the FAA, as they can always yank your pilots' license. Fly without that, you'll have police waiting for you on the ground, or an F-16 pulling up beside you, telling you to land NOW.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
oh well.
=\
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »

Anything that goes in the air is under the jurisdiction of the FAA, as is anything that carries passengers. They'll find a way to block that.

You can't mess with the FAA, as they can always yank your pilots' license. Fly without that, you'll have police waiting for you on the ground, or an F-16 pulling up beside you, telling you to land NOW.

I don't think so. It may be against the rules to fly w/o a certificate but it isn't against the law. If my certificate gets yanked, and I feel like flying, I'm gonna' just do it. Screw the feds!

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »

I don't think so. It may be against the rules to fly w/o a certificate but it isn't against the law. If my certificate gets yanked, and I feel like flying, I'm gonna' just do it. Screw the feds!

jb

You can has Sidewinder. O_o

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 02:56:24 PM »
Let's see ... checkpoints at every interstate, two-lane blacktop, gravel road, and two-track that crosses a state line - just who is going to pay for this and where are they going to find the people to do it Huh?

Seems like it might be easier just to guard the border with Mexico  rolleyes

OTOH, the faster that the USA becomes a tyrannical empire, the sooner it will dissolve into ruins like the USSR Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 02:23:14 AM »
Let's see ... checkpoints at every interstate, two-lane blacktop, gravel road, and two-track that crosses a state line - just who is going to pay for this and where are they going to find the people to do it Huh?

Seems like it might be easier just to guard the border with Mexico  rolleyes

OTOH, the faster that the USA becomes a tyrannical empire, the sooner it will dissolve into ruins like the USSR Wink

WHAT Mexican border?  We're all one big NorAmTradeFed family.....hugz..... Tongue
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.