Author Topic: Smoking Ban  (Read 11476 times)

Ukraine Train

• friend
    • http://ukrainetrain21.tripod.com
Smoking Ban
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 07:35:25 AM »
I'm not sure if it's like this everywhere in Toledo but the one bar I went to there had an entirely separate room for smokers. I believe this is mandated by law. It was great to come home and not smell cancer in my jacket for two days.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Smoking Ban
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 09:07:14 AM »
Being allergic to smoke and a non smoker, I'll have to say that first hand smoke isn't the only kind that can hurt you.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Smoking Ban
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 03:34:18 AM »
I would think that if there was such a demand for non-smoking bars that someone would have the sense to open one up and make a killing. In a free market consumer demand is always met be supply. If the government has to step in to provide that supply, then there is something wrong.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Smoking Ban
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2005, 04:20:07 AM »
Our little town is also playing with the idea of a ban. In addition to all of the listed places where I can't smoke, they added this: "or within 50 yards of any prohibited area".
Now, being a smoker, I really don't care if I can't smoke at work, and I sure won't mind not having to eat in a cloud of smoke at a restaurant, but this is going too far!!! There is a private school across the street from my house, and if this passes, I won't even be able to smoke in my own house (50-yard rule)!  Same thing at work, if I go out to the parking lot, I can't get 50 yards away without being in another prohibited zone.  :evil:

bountyhunter

Smoking Ban
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005, 08:39:42 AM »
Our little town is also playing with the idea of a ban. In addition to all of the listed places where I can't smoke, they added this: "or within 50 yards of any prohibited area".
Now, being a smoker, I really don't care if I can't smoke at work, and I sure won't mind not having to eat in a cloud of smoke at a restaurant, but this is going too far!!! There is a private school across the street from my house, and if this passes, I won't even be able to smoke in my own house (50-yard rule)!:evil:
Yes you will, because the smoke will be in your own house.  The "zone ranges" near restricted facilities apply to outdoor areas so that people can walk into and out of places without choking through the blue cloud of filth where the addicts have congregated right outside the door to shoot up a nicotine fix.