Author Topic: US Presidential choices.. and US House, too!  (Read 1533 times)

Rocketman56

US Presidential choices.. and US House, too!
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
OK, Thompson's left the race..  That leaves a spotty mix of support for the 2A in the remaining candidates..
A couple of solid pro's and a LOT of sort-of anti's and a couple of rabid anti's...

I think we should also focus on our local US Representatives.. If we get a solid majority of pro-2A
Representatives, no anti-2A legislation will ever get to the President's desk anyway..    (Not that there
isn't other things the President could do to undermine the 2A, but we'll cross that bridge when it happens.  angry)

We also need our Representatives to push for an end to passing legislation by acclamation (or voice vote with
nobody in the chamber!) Everything should be done with Roll Call..  The automated system in the chamber
makes that simple (and you have to be PRESENT to vote..)

Thoughts? Comments?

Steve

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ad astra per aspera
"through the thorns to the stars"

Paddy

Re: US Presidential choices.. and US House, too!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
None of the Republican candidates are worth a fart in the breeze, IMO.  And, after 8 years of George Bush, the Republicans have a slim chance of occupying the Whitehouse for the next 8 years.

Scott

Re: US Presidential choices.. and US House, too!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
I have started to write my federal and state congress critters to let them know I am tired of seeing them ignore the Constitution as written. I am starting to wonder about running myself if only to follow Ron Pauls example and say no a lot. I'm getting really tired of the choices we keep being given.