Author Topic: Archbishop of Canterbury suggests Islamic Law in the UK...  (Read 32044 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Archbishop of Canterbury suggests Islamic Law in the UK...
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2008, 07:36:16 AM »
And someone with a gun today ran into a school and shot six people.  It is a fact that thousands are murdered by people using guns every year.  Yet I think we can all see how completely illogical it is to declare gun owners as a whole responsible for this activity; indeed, that would be ridiculed and rightly so. You are applying precisely the same logic to Muslims as is used against gun owners by the anti-gun cheering section.

Then again gun owners aren't massing in the streets shouting "Death to All Non-Gun-Owners!"

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
Re: Archbishop of Canterbury suggests Islamic Law in the UK...
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
And someone with a gun today ran into a school and shot six people.  It is a fact that thousands are murdered by people using guns every year.  Yet I think we can all see how completely illogical it is to declare gun owners as a whole responsible for this activity; indeed, that would be ridiculed and rightly so. You are applying precisely the same logic to Muslims as is used against gun owners by the anti-gun cheering section.

Then again gun owners aren't massing in the streets shouting "Death to All Non-Gun-Owners!"

You might see it that way, but to many anti-gunners, it's "gun owners" who are responsible for all of these mass shootings.  Look at the way the most recent shooter's "interest in guns" is being played up in the media.

That is where this kind of thinking gets us-bandwagon movements that infringe on everyone's rights, instead of punishing those who are responsible for the crime.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."