Author Topic: Che Guevara Flags in Obama's Houston Office  (Read 34774 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Che Guevara Flags in Obama's Houston Office
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 05:52:35 AM »
You know, I'd LOVE a free Tibet.

But I just don't know where I'd keep it.

You can have the rest, I just want this fortress that's there.

Lots of storage space!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 05:56:26 AM »
I wonder if you could heat that place with solar power?  laugh
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 06:07:38 AM »

heheheh.  Some local undegrad (I live in the backyard of Michigan State University) actually drives around with two bumper stickers on his car: Free Tibet, and Che.  Huh?

He ought to replace them with one that states, "I Don't Know *expletive deleted*it From Shinola."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2008, 06:13:36 AM »

heheheh.  Some local undegrad (I live in the backyard of Michigan State University) actually drives around with two bumper stickers on his car: Free Tibet, and Che.  Huh?

He ought to replace them with one that states, "I Don't Know *expletive deleted*it From Shinola."

Reminds me of one of the best web intro pages, that Shynola.com used to have. Company was and still is a typical media fluff bunch in the UK, but the intro was amusing. They also did the "Junior Senior" video that looked like 2600 graphics.

To enter, you need to pick the right one to prove you know one from the other.  smiley

http://web.archive.org/web/20051125073421/http://www.shynola.com/

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2008, 07:03:19 AM »

!!!!!Bravo!!!!!   grin

I don't think Che was a good guy, but there is simply no comparison between what the Nazis did and what Che did.  Totally different scale of misery and evil, and I think the popular reactions to Che tshirts versus Swastikas rightly reflect that.

Being shot by the Gestapo or being shot by a Revolutionista.......dead is dead......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

keeleon

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2008, 07:33:57 AM »
So would you rather Obama have a poster with Cho of VT fame, or Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy then Che?  Because they certainly killed less people than him, and would excel at representing his policies right?  Oh wait, I guess crazy serial killing isn't necesarily one of Obama's policies, so that wouldn't really make sense.   You can say that "Nazis support Huckabee and Paul" which may or may not be true, but it doesn't really matter.  Because I am SURE there are unnafiliated rapists, pedophiles, gangbangers, robbers, torturers, and murderers who very much support Obama, because he is going to enact policies that benefit them.  But since they don't associate themselves with the "great evil" then they are harmless right?  We are not talking about who supports who here, we are talking about how he is publicly displaying what he believes is important.

But then the question remains:  Why does he have a communist flag with a picture of Che on it?  Does he like communism?  Does he like killing certain people for disagreeing with hsi political stance?  Does he just respect tyrants and dictators?  Or (this is the most likely) is he just to stupid to understand what it actually means?  The only answer is that he is not an American that I would want representing the interests of the whole country.  It is extremely UNAMERICAN.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2008, 07:35:28 AM »
Oh wait, I guess crazy serial killing isn't necesarily one of Obama's policies, so that wouldn't really make sense.

Indirectly, it actually is. He wants a national ban on concealed carry, giving serial killers a target-rich environment with no possibility of good guys fighting back.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008, 08:14:39 AM »
Quote from: Tecumseh
I dont believe it is a flag of another nation so it is not necessarily a sign of disrespect.

Looks like a Cuban flag with Che superimposed, and it's to the Right of the US Flag, therefore holding the "Place of Honour". 

Also there are not just one Cuban "Che" Flags in the office but two.     
  I only see one. 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
There's some other pictures.

Guys, his major campaign is pretty darn fluffy. He's advocating "change." And not saying where it's going. And to today's 20 year old kiddy, Che, change, what's the difference?

Blog under construction

keeleon

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2008, 09:12:02 AM »
I
ndirectly, it actually is. He wants a national ban on concealed carry, giving serial killers a target-rich environment with no possibility of good guys fighting back.

Untrue.  Once he bans all guns in the US, then serial killlers won't be allowed to have them either.  Of course, I would think banning murder should be the first step, but to each his own.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »
Yeah, in THEORY criminals won't have them. But we all know about theory, at least those of us who are out in the real world.

And as far as a gunless culture? No thanks. Why? Because I'm old and fat and haven't dedicated my life to learning unarmed martial arts combat skills, so that when some idiotic 20 year old nutjob comes after me with a baseball bat, doc martens, and a half dozen of his buddies, I wanna be able to actually do something other than die.

Blog under construction

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »
I
ndirectly, it actually is. He wants a national ban on concealed carry, giving serial killers a target-rich environment with no possibility of good guys fighting back.

Untrue.  Once he bans all guns in the US, then serial killlers won't be allowed to have them either.  Of course, I would think banning murder should be the first step, but to each his own.
You're kidding, right?  what if guns were banned right this second...ready...BAN!
OK, I've still got my guns.  Here come the cops to collect them.  I probably give them up.  Criminals wouldn't. How can you make the millions upon millions of guns in the US just vanish?  Insanity I tell you.  Insanity.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
. How can you make the millions upon millions of guns in the US just vanish?

You clearly do not understand the power of positive thought.  Shame on you!  cheesy

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »
Yeah, in THEORY criminals won't have them. But we all know about theory, at least those of us who are out in the real world.

And as far as a gunless culture? No thanks. Why? Because I'm old and fat and haven't dedicated my life to learning unarmed martial arts combat skills, so that when some idiotic 20 year old nutjob comes after me with a baseball bat, doc martens, and a half dozen of his buddies, I wanna be able to actually do something other than die.

I prefer having the Doc Martens and a gun.  cheesy

(Though since Docs started being made in China in about 2003, TUK has become the asskicking boot that won't fall apart. All my UK-made Docs are still solid, though!)

keeleon

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »
Sorry, I guess I forgot to add the </sarcasm> tag.  And I have always like Demonoid over Docs.  More intersting styles, and they have freaking screws holding the soles on.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Phew, thank god.  I thought my brain was going to melt.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »
Hey, any of you guys get your stickers yet?

If y'all are serious about the Che stickers, 3 for $5, and paypal bogie@posterprep.com

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
Oh wait, I guess crazy serial killing isn't necesarily one of Obama's policies, so that wouldn't really make sense.

Indirectly, it actually is. He wants a national ban on concealed carry, giving serial killers a target-rich environment with no possibility of good guys fighting back.

I could bring up at least one other, more direct, serial-killing policy in his platform, but I don't want to derail the thread. 

Stalin=bad
Hitler=bad
Guevara=bad
Murder=bad

So what am I?  Chopped liver?  You guys don't hate me like you used to.   sad     cheesy
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2008, 04:14:10 PM »
HIJACK

Ok... Google shows up NOTHING for Demonoid boots. Anyone have a link?

/HIJACK

keeleon

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »
ANOTHER HIJACK

ACK!  I'm sorry, I meant http://www.demonia.co.uk/.

/ANOTHER HIJACK

Strings

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »
ok, nevermind. I already have a set of stilts, thanks!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2008, 06:41:01 PM »
So, that's where Gene shops...

Personally, I'm pretty sure that my old Corcoran jump boots are probably a great deal more comfy...

Blog under construction

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »
ANOTHER HIJACK

ACK!  I'm sorry, I meant http://www.demonia.co.uk/.

/ANOTHER HIJACK

No steel toe. You can't have asskicking boots if they're not steeltoed.

I just dread my 2000-model Docs eventually wearing out. They're conventional eight-eyelet, steeltoed, 1" sole, made in the UK, proofed against "water, oil and acid", and the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn at any time. Real mechanic's boots. They don't make them anymore, all made in China, and the new ones are badly glued crap that comes apart.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »
Should I print any of the things, or not? May do a dozen for Knob Creek, but I suspect that a few of the sub-100 IQ folks might try to lynch me.

Definitely going to do a Zero Wing sticker tho...

Also, just got a button machine - you know, those pin-on things? Right now I can run 2.25" diameter pins, and I've got a 1" dealie on the way.
Blog under construction

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2008, 01:15:02 AM »

Stalin=bad
Hitler=bad
Guevara=bad
Murder=bad

So what am I?  Chopped liver?  You guys don't hate me like you used to.   sad     cheesy

Well, maybe if you were dead......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.