Author Topic: Che Guevara Flags in Obama's Houston Office  (Read 34804 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Che Guevara Flags in Obama's Houston Office
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2008, 05:08:51 AM »
Yeah, if Fistful wants to get on the list, he's gotta try a lot harder. He's really been a slacker lately.....
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

keeleon

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2008, 08:31:20 AM »
No steel toe. You can't have asskicking boots if they're not steeltoed.

Hmm, mine have steel toes.  Maybe they just make that one anymore.  Besides, what kind of a Nazi/Skinhead/Republican are you for needing ass kicking boots?!?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »

Hmm, mine have steel toes.  Maybe they just make that one anymore.  Besides, what kind of a Nazi/Skinhead/Republican are you for needing ass kicking boots?!?

Traditional cowboy boots are the best for ass kicking because the pointed toe can wedge between the glutes and deliver a lot of force to a small point.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »
If Obama doesn't make them take down the Che flag, it just shows he has a lot of  integrity because he's not worried about what people think of him and shows that he is his own man.  rolleyes
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
If Obama doesn't make them take down the Che flag, it just shows he has a lot of  integrity because he's not worried about what people think of him and shows that he is his own man.  rolleyes

You don't know how badly I needed that.   undecided

I was thinking about that thread the other day.  Another analogy is (I know it's useless, but...) your girlfriend is coming over to your apartment for the first time.  But don't clean up, because it wouldn't be right to do something just to look good.  But the answer would be something totally beside the point, like "The nature of Mr. Paul's arrangement with his girlfriend is private, blah, blah, blah."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 02:49:30 PM »
ANOTHER HIJACK

ACK!  I'm sorry, I meant http://www.demonia.co.uk/.

/ANOTHER HIJACK

I just dread my 2000-model Docs eventually wearing out. They're conventional eight-eyelet, steeltoed, 1" sole, made in the UK, proofed against "water, oil and acid", and the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn at any time. Real mechanic's boots. They don't make them anymore, all made in China, and the new ones are badly glued crap that comes apart.

That is capitalism and globalism for you. Smiley

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »
Mao Zedong and Stalin's mass murders make the Holocaust look like a speed bump.

Since when did they = communism?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »
ANOTHER HIJACK

ACK!  I'm sorry, I meant http://www.demonia.co.uk/.

/ANOTHER HIJACK

I just dread my 2000-model Docs eventually wearing out. They're conventional eight-eyelet, steeltoed, 1" sole, made in the UK, proofed against "water, oil and acid", and the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn at any time. Real mechanic's boots. They don't make them anymore, all made in China, and the new ones are badly glued crap that comes apart.

That is capitalism and globalism for you. Smiley

No, it's poor decision making. They're losing customers.

They can either learn or fail. Dell moved all customer service to India, people got tired of hearing scripted "Hello, I am being John Smith, I am sorry, that is being a software problem", and they moved it back stateside.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »

Since they called themselves that?

(note: You're treading into the "No True Scotsman" fallacy) Wink
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 06:54:06 AM »

Since they called themselves that?

(note: You're treading into the "No True Scotsman" fallacy) Wink

Which is a close cousin to the "no true atheist" fallacy.  laugh
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
How about the No True Libertarian fallacy?   smiley

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »
  You are making the assumption that he knows they have it in the office. 

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12:29 AM »

Doesn't he read APS?.......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2008, 06:36:24 AM »
Regardless, you'd think that SOMEONE is running the show in general, and has a mind toward general public opinion. And that person OBVIOUSLY thinks that Che is a plus. Probably is with some kids.

BTW, I'm doing a run of "No Che" (the circle/slash thingie over the face...) 2.25" buttons for Knob Creek...

Blog under construction

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »

He found out about it.

Two days after being informed about it he called it "inappropriate"  rolleyes

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/02/17/what_would_jfk_do/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »

No, I was making the assumption you would get the joke.  grin
Fistful can explain it to ya. angel
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2008, 09:22:34 PM »

He found out about it.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/02/17/what_would_jfk_do/
  There you go. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

He found out about it.

There you go. 

Calling it "innapropriate" is a bit of a limp wristed response.  And the fact it took two days for him to do it is telling.  Can you imagine what would have happened had the flags had an image of Heinrich Himmler on them?  He'd have distanced himself from those as fast as he could.  But Che is *only* a communist murdering thug.  So its not *THAT* bad.  rolleyes

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2008, 07:07:21 AM »
Calling it "innapropriate" is a bit of a limp wristed response.  And the fact it took two days for him to do it is telling.  Can you imagine what would have happened had the flags had an image of Heinrich Himmler on them?  He'd have distanced himself from those as fast as he could.  But Che is *only* a communist murdering thug symbol of the oppressed workers of the world, a freedom fighter, and an inspiration to thinking people everywhere!  So its not *THAT* bad.

You know that's what you meant to say, comrade!  Get on board!
Obama is the best thing since sliced bread!  Look at that pretty smile!  Listen to those smartly delivered words!  And there's hope, change and peace a'commin'!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2008, 07:55:03 AM »
I'm hoping for change, and changing for hope. I sure hope there will be change. You know... change will bring hope. I sure like hope. Change is cool too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »
I'm hoping for change, and changing for hope. I sure hope there will be change. You know... change will bring hope. I sure like hope. Change is cool too.

...especially when it comes to underwear......

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »

That pic's just a little too close for comfort......  shocked