Author Topic: Huck finn's new strategy; interesting  (Read 8503 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Huck finn's new strategy; interesting
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »
So I heard an interview on the radio the other day with Mike "Slick Hucky" Huckabee. Apparently his goal in staying in the race is to keep McCain from reaching the majority of delegates necessary to assure victory, thus forcing it to go to the convention. He thinks that in an atmosphere devoid of all the liberal "moderate" types, he'd pimp smack mcdaddy.

Any thoughts? Think it'll work?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Huck finn's new strategy; interesting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:47:05 PM »
I don't think "Slick Hucky" works at all. Just doesn't roll off the tongue well at all.
Maybe "Mike Schmuckabee" or something. grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »
I can think of a certain word that rhymes with "huck" that could be mixed with "upbee"  that would make  a fairly good slur, but it wouldn't pas the scrutiny of the mods here, methinks...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:50:00 PM »
I wonder how Ron Paul will fit into this, any ideas? 

If all works out this little idea will cost Huckabee and McCain the election.  Then we will have a POTUS who actually gives a damn about the Bill of Rights. 

We can only hope and pray.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 02:17:46 AM »
McCain will be Chuck-slapped, and then Obama.  Huckabee will be the next president, but only as the puppet of Chuck Norris.  But aren't we all? 

As dinner theater? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

LAK

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 02:34:38 AM »
For the last seven years we have had something much less than dinner theatre.

Dinner theatre  ... yes, I could handle that.Watching the ATF brought to heel, the IRS. Sounds like a small army of public servants and one private making lots of facial contortions, snarling and scurrying around looking for real jobs. If that would not be entertaining enough; plenty of shouting, hand gesturing and perhaps even pounding fists at the "U.N." as they get their eviction notice from U.S. soil. And that's just some highlights.

Yes, I could handle some dinner theatre.

----------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 03:02:52 AM »
So I heard an interview on the radio the other day with Mike "Slick Hucky" Huckabee. Apparently his goal in staying in the race is to keep McCain from reaching the majority of delegates necessary to assure victory, thus forcing it to go to the convention. He thinks that in an atmosphere devoid of all the liberal "moderate" types, he'd pimp smack mcdaddy.

Any thoughts? Think it'll work?

That would be friggin awesome, but I don't think the Huckster is that smart and I don't see McCain getting shutout, though that would be awesome.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 04:02:20 AM »

Comic relief. With a drum hit and canned laughter.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 04:04:20 AM »

If all works out this little idea will cost Huckabee and McCain the election.  Then we will have a POTUS who actually gives a damn about the Bill of Rights. 

Okay so who are you supporting in this mess?  Your post sounds like you're supporting Paul....your sig says Col. Momar Obama for Supreme Leader....

IMHO, I think Dr. Paul is hanging in there for one of two reasons:
1) to snag a Veep spot.
2) to maintain momentum and support as a third party candidate.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

trapperready

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 05:12:41 AM »
Okay so who are you supporting in this mess?  Your post sounds like you're supporting Paul....your sig says Col. Momar Obama for Supreme Leader....

Another example of the Paulites pretending to be clever.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 05:32:55 AM »
Given his statist notions, I nominate "Motherhucker" as Official Nickname of Mike Huckabee.

If Huck & Paul get the nomination tossed into the smoke-filled back rooms, I say, "Yea!"  I wouldn't bet on it, as the gOP leadership is falling in line and bending over for McCain.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

James Fitzer

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 06:57:48 AM »
Paul would be great if all the crazies didn't spout weirdness around him.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 07:54:13 AM »
For the last seven years we have had something much less than dinner theatre.

Dinner theatre  ... yes, I could handle that.Watching the ATF brought to heel, the IRS. Sounds like a small army of public servants and one private making lots of facial contortions, snarling and scurrying around looking for real jobs. If that would not be entertaining enough; plenty of shouting, hand gesturing and perhaps even pounding fists at the "U.N." as they get their eviction notice from U.S. soil. And that's just some highlights.

Yes, I could handle some dinner theatre.

----------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

Make that a table for two.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »

Okay so who are you supporting in this mess?  Your post sounds like you're supporting Paul....your sig says Col. Momar Obama for Supreme Leader....

IMHO, I think Dr. Paul is hanging in there for one of two reasons:
1) to snag a Veep spot.
2) to maintain momentum and support as a third party candidate.

Actually if you type www.barackObama2008.com into your browser it takes you to www.ronpaul2008.com instead.

A quickthinking Ron Paul supporter snagged that domain name for the cause.  I find it humorous.  Who is Col. Momar Obama?

I doubt Ron Paul would take the VP spot from these fascists and statists.  I also dont think he plans to run as an independent, though I will write him in anyway.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 09:00:15 AM »
Well, personally, I think the guys are in it for the money.

If they get $$$ for their campaign stuff, they essentially _keep_ it after they quit. It doesn't go to some national organization. It stays with them, in case they ever want to run again. And they can use on fact-finding stuff... Like to Vegas...

Blog under construction

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »
I don't think Huckabee can win enough delegates to force things to go to the convention.  Perhaps if Romney had stayed in the race the two of them could have siphoned off enough delegates.

I think ego and the desire for fame and importance are the biggest reasons that Huckabee is staying in the race. 

Perhaps at first he was angling for the Veep job, but I think he's making himself too much of a thorn in McCain's side by staying in the race.  McCain is not the forgiving type.

I also think that Huckabee is advancing his own political fortunes.  If he stays in the race to the bitter end, he can go back to his supports and spout more of his populist drivel.  "See?  I tried to win the race, I tried really really really hard.  But those dastardly rich powerful establishment people just wouldn't let an outsider win.  It's all about keeping the common man down, don't ya see?  That's why all of you need me,someone who is willing to fight for the common man, even if it's a losing fight."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »
Well, personally, I think the guys are in it for the money.

If they get $$$ for their campaign stuff, they essentially _keep_ it after they quit. It doesn't go to some national organization. It stays with them, in case they ever want to run again. And they can use on fact-finding stuff... Like to Vegas...

Huckabee doesn't have any campaign money.  He's run his entire race on a shoestring budget, and there won't be much left when its over.

Marvin Dao

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
Looks like it's over with Romney's endorsement. McCain only needs a handful more delegates to win out before the convention now.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 03:14:18 PM »
Guys, there's budgets, and there's BUDGETS... A national presidential campaign has so much going around that it's sick...

I don't trust ANYONE in politics.

Blog under construction

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »
we can only hope that works.

Say what you like about Huckabee, I like him.  And you damn sure can't say he'd be a worse nominee then McCain.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »

Say what you like about Huckabee, I like him.  And you damn sure can't say he'd be a worse nominee then McCain.

At least McCain hasn't suggested that we change the US constitution "to fit God's standards."

Sorry, I don't like the idea of having a theocrat in office. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 03:03:34 AM »

At least McCain hasn't suggested that we change the US constitution "to fit God's standards."

If Huckabee's invisible friend in the sky is an avid 2A supporter, I'm all for it.  I bet God would repeal the NFA of 34, the GCA of 68, and the 86 Ban.....

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 04:37:52 AM »
Look man... I'm not here to debate with you. I just find it laughable how you jump into threads to stir up trouble. Your pseudo-intellectual verbal vomitus isn't impressive, and I'm getting tired of reading somewhat interesting threads only to have a complete "WTF" moment when I reach your post.

James Fitzer to Tecumse

Jake, if you're going to copy a quote from someone's signature, you should copy the entire quote.  Tecumseh  grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »

If anything, the founding fathers were more religious then Huckabee.  And just what has he proposed that you don't agree with?  I don't care to hear you don't like his reason, I want to hear jsut what he wants done you disagree with.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
If anything, the founding fathers were more religious then Huckabee.  And just what has he proposed that you don't agree with?  I don't care to hear you don't like his reason, I want to hear jsut what he wants done you disagree with.

Many founding fathers, in fact, WEREN'T more religious than Huckabee.  Take Jefferson, for example, who was a Deist (they believed in god, but not the Christian version).  Many, like Jefferson, wanted to keep the Church and State completely separate (hence the 1st Amendment). James Madison, writer of most of the constitution, also believed they should be kept separate, and fought and won against a proposed Virginia legislative act that would have levied a tax for the general support of Christian churches.

And most religious leaders at the time were beginning to believe they didn't need government to regulate religious laws, and that they could achieve their goals without government help.  As Isaac Backus, a Baptist leader at the time put it, "Christ's kingdom is not of this world."

Finally, the fact that there were so many religious factions in America at the time, most of whom had fled England due to the Anglican Church's dominance, made having a religious government completely untenable.  After all, whose version of the Bible should they have enforced, the Quakers? The Protestants? Catholics? Baptists? Anglicans? 

For this reason, the Founders meant the Constitution to be Secular in nature.  They made references to god, but not to a specific god of any one denomination. Thus, having Huckabee "fix" the constitution to fit his Baptist ideals is completely counter to what the Founders had in mind.

As for the specific goals of Huckabee?  His anti-gay marriage proposals and stances doesn't particularly sit well with me (the government has no business regulating what two adults do in their bedroom, and frankly I don't see a need for them to regulate marriage in the first place), and neither does his professed belief that creationism should be taught in science classes.