Main Forums > The Roundtable

Breast Cancer 3-Day 60 Mile Walk

(1/2) > >>

labrat:
I thought this was worth a re-post over here.

Original post found here:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=126657

Dear Friends and Family:

This year on Valentine's Day, I have decided to make a very special commitment. Not to one special someone but this commitment will be meaningful for so many people beyond myself. Over three days this June, I will be walking 60 miles in the Breast Cancer 3 Day. This walk will be much more than "just a walk" it will be raising money to support the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

My personal challenge begins now. It will culminate when over 4,000 other individuals and I take those final steps into Dallas on Sunday, June 12. Over the next several months, I will be spending many, many, many hours in training (By the time the walk starts, I will have logged enough miles to take me from Dallas to New York!) and helping to spread the word about breast cancer awareness.

I have committed to raising $2,100 to participate in this walk, but I've set a personal goal of raising $3,000. I'm asking you to make a commitment too. Please consider making a fully tax deductible donation to help me achieve this goal. I'd like to celebrate on Mother's Day knowing that I've met my personal goal. Consider foregoing one evening out and spending the money on a cause that will affect someone you love or know in your lifetime. You know the amount that is right for you.

Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women, and the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55. Both its cause and the means for its cure remain undiscovered. Currently, one million women in the U.S. have the disease and probably won't know about their potentially fatal illness for another five to eight years. Breast cancer has challenged 2 million survivors in the U.S. Increased awareness means more survivors. I'm taking on this challenge to do something big that will help raise awareness and help in finding a cure.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I hope that you'll share in this incredible adventure with me. Please call me or e mail me if you have any questions or just want to talk.

All My Love and Friendship Always,

Samantha

To make an on-line donation go to www.the3day.org
my Supporter ID number is 71347990

Samanthaszx2@yahoo.com

Old Fud:
Good thinking. Labrat.  Thanks for doing that.

The gal is putting out major effort, people.   Some support would be a good thing.  I've been there, how about you?

Good Luck, Sam.

Fud

labrat:
C'mon guys... it's a good cause.

I'm pretty sure this is the right link to her donation page...
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=61807&lis=1&kntae61807=20548CCDAED84EE2AD550D5FB1A5D35E&supId=71347990

labrat:
Bump...

Drizzt:
Sorry, but I cannot donate to that organization.  Others, perhaps, but the Komen Foundation will never see a penny of my money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version