Author Topic: YES! Nader might run again, spoil Dem vote!  (Read 17186 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
YES! Nader might run again, spoil Dem vote!
« on: February 22, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
Awesome! Come on, senile old man, go for it! Steal votes from Hilbama!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/22/nader-considering-another-white-house-run/#more-5508

johnster999

Re: YES! Nader might run again, spoil Dem vote!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
First Mrs. Obama's proudness gaffe now this?

Keep hope alive, Ralph!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »
Now we need Ron Paul to run as a Libertarian, with Badnarik as his Veep.

Maybe we can screw this election up so much that whomever wins, he wins with a plurality/minority of votes and no clear mandate.  I just can't stand any of 'em, including Paul.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
We can only pray that Ron Paul runs as a Libertarian or Independent.  I know a lot of Ron Paul supporters who will be writing in Ron Paul rather than cast a ballot for anyone else.  Myself included.  Hopefully we can screw the GOP out of an election, unless they steal it with voter fraud like in 2000.

SomeKid

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 09:28:16 PM »
We can only pray that Ron Paul runs as a Libertarian or Independent.  I know a lot of Ron Paul supporters who will be writing in Ron Paul rather than cast a ballot for anyone else.  Myself included.  Hopefully we can screw the GOP out of an election, unless they steal it with voter fraud like in 2000.

I had a long day. Can I borrow your Kool-Aid? It will surely alter my perceptions better than alcohol.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Somekid,

Back to work!!!

Lol...
Hi.

SomeKid

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
Somekid,

Back to work!!!

Lol...

Hey! Your only the boss on ONE website.  cheesy

Strings

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 01:35:14 AM »
>unless they steal it with voter fraud like in 2000.<

Dude... don't they miss you over at DU?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 02:09:37 AM »

Wah.  Wwwwwaaaahhhhhhhh!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 03:19:44 AM »
Sweetness I saw this last night.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 05:36:59 AM »
IMO, Nader will have a lot less traction against Obama than he would have against Hillary.

With his meaningless but well delivered speeches on "New Futures of Fuzzy Bunnies and Marshmallow Sunshine for All", I don't think Nader will have an impact that registers at the electoral college level.
I promise not to duck.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 06:16:13 AM »
IMO, Nader will have a lot less traction against Obama than he would have against Hillary.

With his meaningless but well delivered speeches on "New Futures of Fuzzy Bunnies and Marshmallow Sunshine for All", I don't think Nader will have an impact that registers at the electoral college level.

Quoted for truth. Nader has had very little real effect on previous elections and I doubt he'll have much on this one. Last election, a couple Kucinich supporters I know jumped to Nader when the Kook dropped out. I think thats pretty telling about Nader's support.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »
Actually, I think he'd affect Obama more... The youth/green vote, you know...

Blog under construction

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
but if paul ran wouldn't that tarnish his integrity halo?  after he said he wouldn't run as an independant he can't go back on his word like a politician. thinlk of all the cult members commioting seppuku by throwing them selves into their computer screens.  the carnage is unimaginable. the college campus coffe shops would be deserted

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »
but if paul ran wouldn't that tarnish his integrity halo?  after he said he wouldn't run as an independant he can't go back on his word like a politician. thinlk of all the cult members commioting seppuku by throwing them selves into their computer screens.  the carnage is unimaginable. the college campus coffe shops would be deserted

More like their bodies would be found in many basements under piles of stale chee-tohs.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 01:53:36 PM »
Actually, I think he'd affect Obama more... The youth/green vote, you know...

But....but Obama is the messiah.......Nader would drown in the water Obama walks on.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 01:57:57 PM »
For nader to be a spoiler, the election will have to be close.

Obama vs. McCain is going to be no contest.  Nader would need to get more votes than Ross Perot to make a difference in an election like that, and there's something he'll never do in his lifetime.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 01:59:47 PM »

Obama vs. McCain is going to be no contest.  Nader would need to get more votes than Ross Perot to make a difference in an election like that, and there's something he'll never do in his lifetime.

Why, are voting for Obama?

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »
you really imagine obama beating mccain?  in the usa?  you do know there are voters who don't live on campus right?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »
you really imagine obama beating mccain?
Pretty sure national polls show that happening. There are Republicans who have a lot of loathing for McCain. It's a definite possibility that they won't vote at all. The Democrats will vote Democrat, and the Obama love ought to get good turnout on their side.
If Obama wins, it'll be because Republicans stay home and say "to hell with it."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 02:51:31 PM »
Why would you assume that a power-addicted woman who has shaped her entire life around this goal will go gracefully, and not burn down the party on her way out?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »

Why, are voting for Obama?

No.

But I'm reading the papers-it's pretty clear, if you look at the candidates, who is going to win a McCain vs. Obama race.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 05:59:46 PM »
you really imagine obama beating mccain?  in the usa?  you do know there are voters who don't live on campus right?

Yes-most voters don't live on campus, as far as I'm aware.  And it seems that Obama is doing well amongst all sectors.  He does better in red states than in blue, which is one big indicator as to how this election is going to turn when it goes national.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »

Yes-most voters don't live on campus, as far as I'm aware.  And it seems that Obama is doing well amongst all sectors.  He does better in red states than in blue, which is one big indicator as to how this election is going to turn when it goes national.

Only if you're watching MSNBC.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
Obama also hasn't met up with someone who has _really_ called him on the "change" thing... Hillary's scared to buck that part of the democrats' game plan.

Blog under construction