Author Topic: YES! Nader might run again, spoil Dem vote!  (Read 17063 times)

Sawdust

• friend
Re: YES! Nader might run again, spoil Dem vote!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 05:46:33 AM »
Hopefully we can screw the GOP out of an election, unless they steal it with voter fraud like in 2000.  rolleyes

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 08:59:04 AM »
but if paul ran wouldn't that tarnish his integrity halo?  after he said he wouldn't run as an independant he can't go back on his word like a politician. thinlk of all the cult members commioting seppuku by throwing them selves into their computer screens.  the carnage is unimaginable. the college campus coffe shops would be deserted
  Not as bad as McCain and his lies about the USS Liberty.  I am sure the McDonalds would be deserted as well. 

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
you really imagine obama beating mccain?
Pretty sure national polls show that happening. There are Republicans who have a lot of loathing for McCain. It's a definite possibility that they won't vote at all. The Democrats will vote Democrat, and the Obama love ought to get good turnout on their side.
If Obama wins, it'll be because Republicans stay home and say "to hell with it."

I am encouraging everyone I know not to vote for McCain as he is a traitor and a liar.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
AdvertismentThe latest Rasmussen Reports survey of Election 2008 shows Republican frontrunner Senator John McCain with single-digit leads over Democratic Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. McCain now leads Clinton 48% to 40%. He leads Barack Obama 47% to 41%.

In a Rasmussen Reports poll conducted mid-January, McCain was two points behind Clinton, five behind Obama. A couple days later McCain won the South Carolina primary.

McCain has led Clinton in four of the last five polling match-ups conducted by Rasmussen Reports. He has had the edge over Obama in three of the last four polls. (see history and trends). Following his victory in Florida, Rasmussen Markets data indicates that McCain is the overwhelming favorite for the Republican Presidential nomination.

This weekend, Rasmussen Reports will begin daily tracking of general election match-ups featuring McCain vs. both Clinton and Obama.

Individual polls can sometimes overstate volatility in a race, especially during the ups and downs of a Primary Election season. This is especially true when the results carry a four percentage point margin of sampling error. One way of addressing this is to look at a rolling-average of three consecutive polls. Using this approach, McCain now has a narrow advantage over Obama 45% to 43%. Prior to this latest poll, they had been tied at 44%. Both men have now been within four points (the margin of error) of the 45% mark for seven consecutive individual polls. Using a three-poll rolling average, McCain leads Clinton by five percentage points, 47% to 42%.

In the new survey McCain enjoys an 22-point advantage among male voters with Clinton as his opponent. He lags by only three points among female voters. There isn't much gender discrepancy in the McCain-Obama match-up. Here McCain leads by eight points among men, five points among women.

McCain does better than either Democrat with unaffiliated voters in the new survey, but especially when Clinton is his opponent. Against the former First Lady, he leads 52% to 31% with unaffiliateds.

John McCain is viewed favorably by 52% and unfavorably by just 43%. His favorables have been in the 50%+ range since late November.

Hillary Clinton is currently viewed favorably by 47%, unfavorably by 51%. Barack Obama is viewed favorably by 51%, unfavorably by 45%.

Rasmussen Markets data gives Clinton a 14.8% chance of winning the Democratic nomination and Obama a 84.2% chance. On the Republican side, McCain is now given a 93.8% chance of winning the nomination while Mitt Romney is at 0.8%.Using a trading format where traders "buy and sell" candidates, issues, and news features, the Rasmussen Markets harness competitive passions to provide a reliable leading indicator of upcoming events. We invite you to participate in the Rasmussen Markets. It costs nothing to join and add your voice to the collective wisdom of the market.

Can you post the source?  Its hard to evaluate the validity of what you are saying without telling us where you got it from.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »
I don't think you can point to '04 as proof that the Dems "didn't learn the lesson about running lackluster candidates with poor campaign skills". Personally, I really think '04 was a throw-away, with the intention of running Hillary this go-round. Obama, I'm kinda thinking, was an unseen possibility.

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if Hillary destroyed the Democrats on her way out after loosing the nomination (not saying it WILL happen, but rather that it MIGHT VERY WELL happen)...

The only thing a Hillary implosion would do at this point is galvanize Obama's support. People may prefer Hillary over Obama at this point - Lord knows why - but if she were to throw a tantrum that would simply solidify Obama's position.

And what if her people dig up the dealer Obama bought his nose candy from when he was younger?
  He will be busy selling nose candy to Bush...

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »
what lie did mccain tell regarding the liberty?  and pray tell what undergrad court of paulistas convicted him of treason?
the pathos of children posting from fort  sofa calling him a traitor is quite amusing. heck most of em too nadless to even go peacecorps  or i might be too harsh  might not be a nad issue  could just be a manifestation of total self absorption

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »
what lie did mccain tell regarding the liberty?

It's some nonsense he got from LAK or some-such.  It will never be brought up by the Obama campaign. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
oh  i read that drivel. kinda scary   i try to remember if i was like that at that age. i asked the old man he said no. by that age i had been supporting myself for 5 years was married  washes the foolish away

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »
There is plenty to destroy McCain on.

His "Gook" comment.

The Keating Five.

McCain-Feingold

His support for a war that a majority of Americans don't support.

His beach boys parody - "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran"

Yeah, this guy is golden. I can see a Democratic administration in our future, especially if this is the only thing the GOP can puke up. We need to hurry up and start this country over again.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

LAK

• friend
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »
Why on earth would anyone want to vote for Ralph N.A.U. Nader? When they can get the same end result from John U.N. McCain or Hillary?

------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2008, 09:06:28 AM »
what lie did mccain tell regarding the liberty?  and pray tell what undergrad court of paulistas convicted him of treason?
the pathos of children posting from fort  sofa calling him a traitor is quite amusing. heck most of em too nadless to even go peacecorps  or i might be too harsh  might not be a nad issue  could just be a manifestation of total self absorption
  What no-degree court of McDonalds working GOP members found him innocent?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2008, 09:08:38 AM »
There is plenty to destroy McCain on.

His "Gook" comment.

The Keating Five.

McCain-Feingold

His support for a war that a majority of Americans don't support.

His beach boys parody - "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran"

Yeah, this guy is golden. I can see a Democratic administration in our future, especially if this is the only thing the GOP can puke up. We need to hurry up and start this country over again.
  Well that is hopefully enough, in the end though we as US citizens should try to make the world more aware of his racist ways.  Not to mention his hatred of our country and its values. 

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
oh  i read that drivel. kinda scary   i try to remember if i was like that at that age. i asked the old man he said no. by that age i had been supporting myself for 5 years was married  washes the foolish away

Yeah, supporting one's self & kids are helpful in that regard.

A stint in the military is also of use when cleaning the feces from one's ears.

Self-support, kids, & military service all help one realize that the world does not revolve around one's self.

===============

I find a lot to tear into McCain for, but using "gook" is not one of them.  He earned the right to call his captors any damn thing he wants to.

Same goes for WW2 vets: I care not a whit if the terms, "kraut" or "jap" pass their lips.

================

The idea of college twits passing judgment on McCain as a traitor would be hilarious were the judges not so pathetic.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »

Yeah, supporting one's self & kids are helpful in that regard.

A stint in the military is also of use when cleaning the feces from one's ears.

Self-support, kids, & military service all help one realize that the world does not revolve around one's self.

===============

I find a lot to tear into McCain for, but using "gook" is not one of them.  He earned the right to call his captors any damn thing he wants to.

Same goes for WW2 vets: I care not a whit if the terms, "kraut" or "jap" pass their lips.

================

The idea of college twits passing judgment on McCain as a traitor would be hilarious were the judges not so pathetic.
  Lets say one of his captors was black, would it be ok to call them niggers?  How does this make Asians feel in general?  Is it ok to use a term that is offensive to the entirety of their race because of the actions of a few?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
Huh?  You're trying to argue that McCain isn't a war hero because he called his captors "gooks"?

You can't possibly be serious...

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:59 PM »
he is serious.  more the pity and shame

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
Huh?  You're trying to argue that McCain isn't a war hero because he called his captors "gooks"?

I am not saying he is not a hero.  I just dont think racist language is appropriate on behalf of a presidential candidate.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2008, 03:13:11 PM »

He is not a war hero because he is not a war hero. Not because he called people Gooks.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »
sigh.... you remind me of a kid that works for me.  he gets his panties knotted over my vocabulary chioces.  hes a philosophy major. hes driven to show how open liberal and diverse he is. of course he chose arguably the whitest school in america. and has never lived on the same block withanyone nonwhite, till he lived at myhouse. and he fails the cell phone address book test. i've often found in my experience those white folks who squeak the loudest about others racisim are hiding something. in my experience it parrallels the gay bashers who have some unresoved issues vis a vis their own sexual identity and want to throw up a front

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2008, 08:23:25 AM »

I am not saying he is not a hero.  I just dont think racist language is appropriate on behalf of a presidential candidate.

You know what?

Anyone who fought in WWII probably referred to "Nips" and "Krauts".

Just like anyone who fought in Vietnam probably said "Gooks".

When you fight an enemy, when they're trying to kill your friends every day, you might come up with uncomplimentary slang for them. And in all those cases, you'll notice, they tend to be one-syllable words, the sort that could be yelled in warning of an approaching enemy during a fight.

Not that I'd expect you to know anything about that.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »
and, in such cases, the usage is almost entirely contextual, not general.  Don't hear a lot of "nips and krauts" out of WWII vets unless they are reminiscing.

Don't think I've heard "gook" used outside of a vet's "remember when" story in 20 years.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
and, in such cases, the usage is almost entirely contextual, not general.  Don't hear a lot of "nips and krauts" out of WWII vets unless they are reminiscing.

Don't think I've heard "gook" used outside of a vet's "remember when" story in 20 years.

Unless they were held prisoner by and tortured by, etc...

I can see a little resentment over that. I don't agree with a lot of the guy's stances, but I am not going to fault him for some resentment against his former torturers.

I'd only care if it affected his current foreign policy decisions, or if he showed indication that he was "still there" mentally, and unfit for office.

Paddy

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2008, 09:42:25 AM »
Anybody who thinks Nader will have any effect on the Dem vote or the outcome of this election is delusional.