Author Topic: New analogy, or, the only hope of the Republicans......  (Read 21310 times)

WeedWhacker

Re: New analogy, or, the only hope of the Republicans......
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2008, 10:58:28 AM »
I could care less about pot smokers as long as:

1. They were disqualified for ALL welfare and assistance. If they want to burn out their brain and become unemployable because they can't remember anything, go for it. But I'm not paying for them with tax dollars. They can expire in the gutter.

2. A test needs to be developed that works like a breathalyzer. Driving under the influence of pot is instant license revocation. I don't want to be rear-ended because someone with the munchies going to get snacks is too "relaxed" to notice that they're coming up on my tail at a stop light.

So sure. Legalize it. But if you use it, you're disqualified for all taxpayer assistance, disqualified from unemployment if fired due to lack of performance, and if you drive within 24 hours, you lose your license permanently. Fair?

I'm with you on #1: abolish all federal welfare/handouts/entitlement programs, after meeting commitments to people who are now forced to reply upon them.

So, #2 would be punishment without due cause or a fair trial, nice. By the way, I hope you don't ever pop in a fresh piece of gum or take a hit of breath freshener right before you break a minor traffic rule in front of a cop... or that the cop's breathalizer is calibrated/working correctly.

There's just something about "inalienable" that ... some people ... just don't understand...
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
you gonna apply your same standard to those who use alcohol? or is that ox a lil too close to home.  and how about nicotine?  wheres your line in the sand?

There are already laws to deal with those who drink and drive, if you hadn't noticed. Don't make up nonsense about "close to home", it makes you look foolish and desperate in your arguments.

is theee a standard in your fantasythat cuts folks who use alcohol from benefits?cause i can assure you booze keeps more folks on the public nickle than pot does. you seem a lil vague about your line in the sand

christopher

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2008, 02:03:42 AM »
Every  four  years  we  have  two  options.

1. We  can  line  up  like  sheep  at  the  voting  booth  &  give  our  consent  to  four  more  years  of  corruption,  mismanagement,  pork  &  high  taxes  or

2.  Stay  home  &  complain  that  our  vote  doesn't  count.

What  I  am  proposing  is  a  third  option.  Because  the  rules  have  changed  &  our  vote  has  been  hijacked  by  privilege  &  special  interest.

We  must  find  new  ways  to  be  heard,  to  wrestle  control  of  our  government  out  of  the  hands  of  big  business  &  corporate  lobbyist.

What  I  am  proposing  is  that  we  don't  act  like  sheep  on  election  night  &  we  don't  sit  at  home  &  complain.  What  I  propose  is  that  we  stand  up  like  men  &  say  enough  is  enough!

"We  hold  these  truths  to  be  self-evident,  that  all  men  are  created  equal,  that  they  are  endowed  by  their  Creator  with  certain  inalienable  Rights,  that  among  these  are  Life,  Liberty,  &  the  pursuit  of  Happiness.

That  to  secure  these  rights,  Governments  are  instituted  among  Men,  deriving  their  just  powers  from  the  consent  of  the  governed,  That  whenever  any  Form  of  Government  becomes  destructive  of  these  ends,  it  is  the  Right  of  the  People  to  alter  or  abolish  it,  &  to  institute  new  Government,  laying  its  foundation  on  such  principles  &  organizing  its  powers  in  such  form,  as  to  them  shall  seem  most  likely  to  effect  their  Safety  &  Happiness.  Prudence,  indeed,  will  dictate  that  Governments  long  established  should  not  be  changed  for  light  &  transient  cause;  &  accordingly  all  experience  hath  shown,  that  mankind  are  more  disposed  to  suffer,  while  evils  are  sufferable,  than  to  right  themselves  by  abolishing  the  forms  to  which  they  are  accustomed.  But  when  a  long  train  of  abuses  &  usurpations,  pursuing  invariably  the  same  Object  evincesa  design  to  reduce  them  under  absolute  Despotism,  it  is  their  right,  it  is  their  duty,  to  throw  off  such  Government,  &  to  provide  new  Guards  for  their  future  security".

U.S.  Declaration  of  Independence,  July  4,  1776

NO  MORE  RED  STATES

NO  MORE  BLUE  STATES

NO  MORE  REPUBLICANS

NO  MORE  DEMOCRATS

WE  ARE  ALL  AMERICANS,  lets  agree  not  to  live  like  this!

NO  MORE  BROKEN  FAMILIES

NO  MORE  BROKEN  HOMES

NO  MORE  BROKEN  COMMUNITIES

NO  MORE  BROKEN  SCHOOLS,  ROADS,  DAMS,  BRIDGES, 

NO  MORE  BROKEN  BORDERS...

NO  MORE  BROKEN  GOVERNMENT!!!

THIS  NOVEMBER  LETS  VOTE  THEM  ALL  OUT!

christopher

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
oops i'm sorry was this about pot & booze?

Homeland Security is a joke! When tons of illegal drugs flow over our open borders, 10 to 15 million illegals cross our broken borders & someone with TB can sneak across the Canadian border with a bottle of Jack!
I mean what the fu..

oh wait was this thread about Republican hope or McCain or somethin'?

Allllll of our presidential wannabe's have been bought off. America has been hijacked by privilege & special-interest. We need to vote all the crooks out, come November!

The best thing that any of us can do as Republicans or Democrats is to abandon our parties as they did us. Come together as Americans & take our country back!

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2008, 06:32:50 AM »
i thought the paulista monologues was bad. at least there's only one of ya

christopher

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »
why you always try to pee in my kool-aid?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2008, 03:22:39 PM »
He said it.

"Kool-Aid"

Ironic, at best.   shocked
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2008, 06:57:09 PM »
i'm still waiting for maned wolf to tell us if he wants to cut off gov benifits for those that drink as well as those that smoke pot. or is that too close to home

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
I'm for cutting benefits for anyone who smokes, and for anyone who drinks, and for anyone else. 

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
i'd like to see em administered in a way to help people get off the dole. there are some who can't and would still need it but they are few. and in those cases i don't mind. you do get stuck when you have worthless parents   you wanna help the kids without cosigning the parents theft of oxygen. short of taking the kids away and letting the parents starve it gets tricky. it often seems the system is set up to suck you in and keep you in. i've never collected any of those kinda benefits in my life  not even unemployment but i've been offered and told i qualify several times. seems  that they were trying to help me fail in life. remove my motivation to suceed so i passed. seen too many folks sucked into that trap and to be honest got way too much ego and pride. i always used to say i'd rather steal than beg  at least one is working at something

grampster

• friend
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2008, 08:22:08 AM »
There are only two issues and one national unity program that are preeminent in this election.  Two are being brushed off and the other isn't even on the table.  Every other issue begins to correct itself if these first two are seriously dealt with.  If McCain would hammer these two issues and present a plan for dealing with them, and propose the 3rd he could ignore whoever is the democrat candidate.

1.  Energy

2.  Immigration

3.  High speed, electrical, elevated national rail system.

America has vast resources of oil, natural gas and coal.  2 trillion barrels estimated in the Green River watershed for example.  1.2 trillion accessible with todays technology at a profit at $40.00 a barrel.  They are untapped.   Nuclear power needs to be fast tracked as a source of electricity. If McCain would rally the country around beginning to exploit those resources, and steamrollering the obstructionists he's a shoe in.  As a side issue to nuclear power plants, he should campaign around the building of a national high speed elevated rail system.  Interstate r.o.w. are ideal for this.

Present a workable plan for securing our borders and our ports.  No more talk.  Action.    Once our borders are secure, we can have a national conversation about the illegals who are already here.  The solution need not be draconian.  Once the borders and ports are secured, we can afford to be gracious to those who are here illegally, but have not commit any other crimes other than sneaking in.  Send the rest back to the countries of origin.

Energy demand and prices are what drives or stultifies our nation and national interests.  He needs to quit barking about stupid alternate fuels like alcohol.  Wind and solar are only good for filling in the gaps, not as a primary source of energy. 

McCain would be a shoe in if he isolated on these three issues.  America needs something to be optimistic about, even if we have to wait a few years for it all to come together.  It won't come together if no one ever actually starts to do something.

But after listening to him interviewed by Hannity the other night, I became so sickened that I turned it off.  McCain is a waste of time.  He is a boring old man with no vision.  The other two are Marxists.   If something doesn't change over the next few months, I'm not voting for the first time in my life.  Our nation is screwed if any of these people get in and I don't want that on my conscience.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Paddy

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2008, 11:36:03 AM »
McCain is a waste of time.  He is a boring old man with no vision.  The other two are Marxists.   If something doesn't change over the next few months, I'm not voting for the first time in my life.  Our nation is screwed if any of these people get in and I don't want that on my conscience.

We are in complete agreement, grampster.  Also with regard to energy as the #1 national issue.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2008, 01:19:14 PM »
McCain has no vision, true enough, but a McCain Presidency at least buys us time.  Obama and Clinton will usher in The Terror and you'd better ask yourself if you're really ready for that.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

christopher

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »
As  long  as  lobbyist  from  Halliburton  can  write  our  Energy  policy  we  will  always  be  dependent  on  foreign  oil.  And  as  long  as  lobbyist  from  Tyson  Foods,  Western  Union  &  Wells  Fargo  decide  our  Immigration policies,  we  will  always  have  broken  borders  &  all  of  the  drug/human  trafficking  that  goes  with  it.  And  as  long  as  we  allow  China  to  manipulate  our  monetary  &  Trade  policies,  we  will  always  have  record  trade  imbalances. 

Politicians  from  both  parties  allow  think  tanks  funded  by  big  Oil,  big  Pharmaceutical   &  big  Banking  interest  to  write  our  domestic  policy  as  well  as  our  foreign  policy.

Follow  the  money:

Who's  bought  off  your  candidate?

Barack  Obama:   Deutsche  Bank,  JP  Morgan,  Merrill  Lynch,  Capital  One,  Bank  of  Montreal,  Wells  Fargo,  Goldman  Sachs,  Butterfield  Bank,  Resource  Bank,  Bain  Capital,  Mutual  of  America,  Telemundo,  La  Pietra,  Sankatt  Investments,  Transamerica  Investment  Mgmt.,  US  Venture  Partners,  Sony  Pictures,  Warner  Music  Group,  IBM,  Lehman  Bros.,  AT&T,  Ticketmaster,  Alantos  Pharmaceuticals,  20th  Century  Fox,  Aragon  Global,  UCLA  Medical  Center,  AHMC  Healthcare  Inc.,  AV  International,  Fidelity  Ventures,  Clifford  Law  Firm,  CCMP  Capital,  Cypruss  Funds  Investment  Mgmt.,  Kaman  Group,  Solimar  Ventures,  Comcast,  Sterne  Assets,  Citilink  Investment  Corp.,  Third  Security,  COSTCO,  Sun  Capitol  Partners,  Tudor  Investment,  Madison  Investment,  EMC  Capital  Mgmt.,  Bel  Air  Investment,  Mirel  Capital,  Grandhara  Capital,  Lehman  Bros.,  GB  Capital,  Citadel  Investments,  etc.

John McCain:   PVS  Chemical,  Merrill  Lynch,  The  Bank  of  NY,  Univision,  JP  Morgan  Chase,  Near  East  Resources  Ltd.,  Compass  Bank,  World  Savings  Bank,  New  York  Life  Insurance,  Sanguine  Gas  Exploration,  CISCO  Systems,  Wachovia  Bank,  Morgan  Stanley,  Bank  of  America,  Citigroup,  Goldman  Sachs,  Moore  Capital,  The  Carlyle  Group,  Prime  Investments,  Tenax  LLC,  Hantz  Group,  Hilton  Hotels,  The  AES  Corp.,  Highside  Capital,  New  Mountain  Capital,  Vector  Group  LTD,  Park  Avenue  Equity  Partners,  Red  Eagle  Venture,  Star  Lincoln  Mercury,  Pacific  Growth  Equities,  Budweiser,  Myers  Financial,  Globus  Capital,  Pomeroy  &  Pomeroy  Insurance,  Faison  Group,  Renco  Group,  Palmer  Investments,  QWEST,  EM  Capital  Mgmt.,  FT  Ventures,  MGM  Mirage  International,  Ameron  International,  Anderson  Energy  Corp.,  Plaines  Capital  Bank,  NYSE  Group,  etc.

Hillary Clinton:     JP  Morgan,  Citigroup,  UBS  Investment  Bank,  Goldman  Sachs,  Ameriprise  Financial,  Deutsche  Bank,  Wells  Fargo,  China  Industrial,  Wachovia  Securities,  HBO,  The  Husseini  Group,  Bank  of  NY,  Verizon,  Viking  Global  Investments,  Trilogy  Capital,  Oaktree Capital,  Farrallon  Capital,  Lanwilo  Investments,  Cimarron  Group,  Pharmcare,  Entrust  Capital,  Morgan  Stanley,  KFC,  Cantor  Fitzgerald  Securities,  Charter  Communications,  Lilby  Stearns,  Nihigret  Group,  Black  Saut  Holding  Co.,  Mahmood  investment,  America  India  Foundation,  Candela  Group,  Hellman  &  Friedman  LLC,  US  Russia  Business  Council,  SBD  LLC,  Braddock  Financial,  Bank  of  SF,  Comcast,  Sitason  International  Inc.,  Cataldo  Group,  Van  Brunt  Dubiago  &  Co.,  Abrahms  Capital,  Bear  Sterns  &  Co.,  Oracle,  Scoggin  Capital,  Sana  Security,  etc.

NOTE: All the numbers on this page are for the 2008 election cycle and based on Federal Election Commission data released electronically on Wednesday, February 20, 2008.

HOW TO READ THIS CHART: Many presidential candidates receive the bulk of their funds from the same industries and Washington-based special- interest groups that dominate giving to all federal politicians and parties.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »
If you don't vote for President, at least try to vote for your Congressmen.  Try to vote for a pro-gun candidate if possible or at least vote against the incumbent if nothing else. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

christopher

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
Just say NO! to corporate funded politicians this November. Vote them all out.