Author Topic: Ron Paul Wins  (Read 26271 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Ron Paul Wins
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »
Now that John McCain has sewn up the Republican nomination, does that mean that Ron Paul is finally going to start making his move?

Just because you "read it on the innernet news" doesn't make it true. Many of the national GOP convention delegates haven't even been elected yet, and those people are the ones who actually pick the GOP's candidate, which won't happen until August, IIRC.

Dude, you need to stop cutting your weed with household cleaners.

GAME OVER. Accept it already.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »
this is still a race between Paul and McCain on the GOP side.

My math skills aren't the best, but I'm pretty sure 1,260 is > then 1,191 (and a buttload more then 14).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/republican_delegate_count.html
2008 Republican Delegates

Delegate Count (1,191 Needed to Win)
Delegates  McCain Romney Huckabee Paul   
Total -        1260       272         270    14
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
The articulation of both your argument and Rabbi's is astounding.

Me: "The news lied: McCain does not have enough bound delegates, and the numbers they list are biased projections."

APS curmudgeons: lock threads, post funny picture, "stop smoking dope, dude".

The irony is that I've actually been on painkillers for a week, recovering from surgery.
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 01:16:37 PM »

Me: "The news lied: McCain does not have enough bound delegates, and the numbers they list are biased projections."

The irony is that I've actually been on painkillers for a week, recovering from surgery.

That's not irony, that's a reasonable explanation for your posts.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 01:21:51 PM »
When he stated that 9/11 was "blowback" for US policy, and further opined that islamofascists and other international terrorists would simply  leave us alone if we left the middle east, he showed himself divorced from reality by his naive idealism.

I'm having some trouble finding anything linking him to that particular opinion.  A quick search of things he's actually said turns up things more like this, with direct links:

A coherent foreign policy is based on the understanding that America is best served by not interfering in the deadly conflicts that define the Middle East. Yes, we need Middle Eastern oil, but we can reduce our need by exploring domestic sources. We should rid ourselves of the notion that we are at the mercy of the oil-producing countries- as the worlds largest oil consumer, their wealth depends on our business. We can and should remove our troops from the region quickly, before any more American lives are lost. We should stop the endless game of playing faction against faction, and recognize that buying allies doesnt work. We should curtail the heavy militarization of the area by ending our disastrous foreign aid payments. We should stop propping up dictators and putting band-aids on festering problems. We should understand that our political and military involvement in the region creates far more problems that it solves. All Americans will benefit, both in terms of their safety and their pocketbooks, if we pursue a coherent, neutral foreign policy of non-interventionism, free trade, and self-determination in the Middle East.
Link:
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=281

Truly dangerous, possibly unpatriotic words.  And it gets even worse:

This is the problem with our government involvement in the internal affairs of other nations.  Our friend one day is our enemy the next.  And all our friends' enemies become our enemies.  How many times have we armed BOTH sides of a conflict because of this?  There is little for us to gain from this policy, and simultaneously a lot of trouble we get ourselves into.  It is not a rational or intelligent way to interact with the world.

The administration has behaved as if there are only two choices in foreign policy - sending money or sending bombs.  Our founding fathers knew a better way - to talk with our neighbors, do honest business with them, cultivate friendship, allow travel and open communication.  We should neither initiate violence, nor take sides in conflicts that are none of our business.  The American taxpayers are working hard enough to support their families here at home.  If an American wants to send money overseas for a conflict or cause, let them, but do not slap Americans in the face by forcefully sending their children's college money abroad to subsidize despotic foreign governments.  Our children should be going off to college, not going off to more senseless foreign wars.
Link:
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=1022

If those are the words of a foreign policy idiot, then I don't want to be smrt.

I mean smart.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »

That's not irony, that's a reasonable explanation for your posts.

Actually, it is, unless what was taken as a figure of speech was an accusation, in which case I should probably be offended (but not suprised).

Regardless, none of this chatter changes the fact that the bound delegate count does not equal the majority, unlike it is being reported in the irrefutable "news".
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 01:40:07 PM »
Can you suggest a likely scenario that would have Ron Paul as the GOP candidate?

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »
I'm actually amazed by how much some people actually HATE Ron Paul. You'd think he murdered one of their family member or something. I guess when they start attacking his supporters they show their prejudices against freedom of choices and alternative candidates. I guess they want more "business as usual" by electing the same old politicans who have got us in the current mess we're in. Unreal. I will waste my vote on Ron Paul, and there's not much any Ron Paul basher can do about it.

I'll take Ron Paul over most Republican/Right Wing Authoritarian candidates any day. He has a great record in Congress. I'm happy he's on his way back to Washington, and you should be too.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 01:43:19 PM »
bald guy  you have it backwards  paul is ok  its many of his disciples we hate.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
Can you suggest a likely scenario that would have Ron Paul as the GOP candidate?

I doubt I could. Thankfully, history isn't made up solely of likely scenarios.

What I will be doing until the conventions are over, in September (whoops!), will be to do what I've been doing so far: attempting to correct misinformation/lies, calling attention to the fact that Paul is still a contender in the race, that he has stood by his principles during his many terms in office, and that many/most of those principles actually make a lot of sense when even a small amount of time is invested examining them.

I'll also be participating in a small way by directly electing delegates for the next of several rounds' worth of delegate elections which will determine who will actually go to the GOP national convention and there decide among themselves who the GOP presidential nominee will actually be. I'm hopeful that there are many others like myself out there, delegates who can't stand McCain nor his "principles", and will follow through with this whole disgusting political process.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »
You're free to spend your time however you like.  But really, Ron Paul will not be the Republican nominee.  It simply will not happen.  You owe it to yourself to accept it and move on.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
You're free to spend your time however you like.  But really, Ron Paul will not be the Republican nominee.  It simply will not happen.  You owe it to yourself to accept it and move on.

"Men see the stars after darkness falls."

WeedWhacker

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »

That's your opinion, and history may well prove you to be correct. However, since the election of the final GOP delegates hasn't even happened yet, it surely would be foolish to give up because the majority opinion is that "Paul can't win".

I find it so much easier to present Paul's principles when I can contrast them with those of a single and largely unpopular candidate's... then top it all off with: "and since you're a delegate, you can still cast a vote that matters!" :) Hope, eternal springing, and all that.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »
Paul's got a 99% chance of not being chosen for the GOP primary. It is possible that 1191 delegates would decide to change and vote for him. Extremely unlikely. Better chances than the Dems going for Lee Mercer, though.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »
I'm actually amazed by how much some people actually HATE Ron Paul. You'd think he murdered one of their family member or something. I guess when they start attacking his supporters they show their prejudices against freedom of choices and alternative candidates. I guess they want more "business as usual" by electing the same old politicans who have got us in the current mess we're in. Unreal. I will waste my vote on Ron Paul, and there's not much any Ron Paul basher can do about it.

Try living in New Hampshire, where the goddamned Paulistinians and "free staters" show up on the news all the time in some infantile conspiracy nut "fight the man" embarassment to the state. I got to see a crowd chanting that "9/11 was an inside job" while holding up Ron Paul signs across from one of my favorite restaurants. I saw on the news police video of one of their nuts throwing themselves to the ground and having to be dragged by police when pulled over for not having a registration sticker, since they considered that "evil".

I've had enough of those fruitcakes for a lifetime, and they're encouraging more of them to MOVE HERE.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 03:25:03 PM »
Best black knight referrence ever. Rabbi ftw.  grin
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

When Americans actually cared about liberty and didn't buy in to that whole "they hate us for our freedoms" fear mongering propaganda.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Paddy

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 04:21:14 PM »
I've had enough of those fruitcakes for a lifetime, and they're encouraging more of them to MOVE HERE.

BLARGHHHH!! Hate Ron Paul, I hates him I say, preciousssss........ laugh

and if enough of them move there, they can take over government, vote in Paulistas and form a Libertarian Utopia.

heh.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 04:55:50 PM »

When Americans actually cared about liberty and didn't buy in to that whole "they hate us for our freedoms" fear mongering propaganda.
Yeah, 'cause that is why Ron Paul lost.  It has nothing to do with his nutty foreign policy or economic ideas.

rolleyes

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »

Yeah, 'cause that is why Ron Paul lost.  It has nothing to do with his nutty foreign policy or economic ideas.

rolleyes

I guess not all of us consider playing puppet with despots and destroying a currency sane.   rolleyes
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2008, 11:11:45 PM »
His supporters were loons, he attracted the worst sorts of black-helicopter conspiracy nuts and odious racists,[/quite]

So did Bush - you do know David Duke donated to his Presidential campaign, yes?

He clung to an asinine gold standard suited for the 19th century with clerks and paper, not a world where global cross-currency transactions happen trillions of times per second.
No, he didn't.

Me and my fiancee are both FSP members. Hate me if you like.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »

Does al-Qaeda have any more planes?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 02:23:52 AM »
Manedwolf
He clung to an asinine gold standard suited for the 19th century with clerks and paper, not a world where global cross-currency transactions happen trillions of times per second
And look where global cross currency transactions a trillion times a second is sending the fictional dollar.
And his foreign policy was a redux of Jimmy Carter.
Carter? I served in the military under Carter, and in addition to his neglect of the military, his foreign policy has not wavered from that of the other frontmen Johnson, Ford, Bush Sr, Clinton or G W Bush.

As far as some of Paul's media highlighted supporters - is it any surprize that the oligarch controlled media focussed almost exclusively on any selected nut with a Ron Paul placard rather than ordinary people?

Many of the most normal looking people in finance and industry, along with millions of average people supported Adolf Hitler. Were there not likely some very obvious loons who supported him as well?

I am really not surprized that some of Ron Paul's supporters appear somewhat aggressive in their support. Many conservative people in this country are flat pissed off to see it being given away by the terra ton and are reaching the breaking point.

Speaking of the "assinine" gold standard - gold is now approaching $1,000 dollars an ounce and set to climb to perhaps $1,500, maybe $2,, even $3,000. That means that the dollar is plunging. While the dollar plunges to the bottom, the euro on the otherhand is doing nothing of the kind.

Are many conservatives in this country rightly angry watching a handful of frontmen and women being fawned over in mock combat for the WH while their country is being sent to the bottom? Yes, I think they are.

-----------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »
Many of the most normal looking people in finance and industry, along with millions of average people supported Adolf Hitler. Were there not likely some very obvious loons who supported him as well?

pssst  comparing your boy to hitler is a political faux paux

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 03:47:25 AM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner