Author Topic: so they gonna draft him?  (Read 9987 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

so they gonna draft him?
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:05:13 PM »
or let it drop
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23512959
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is hinting to supporters that he is ending his long-shot campaign for the presidency.

The Texas Republican congressman addressed supporters in a 7 1/2-minute video on his campaign Web site Thursday night and did not specifically say he was quitting the race.

Republican frontrunner John McCain already has enough delegates to clinch the party's nomination, and other contenders have dropped out.

johnster999

Re: so they gonna draft him?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:21:32 PM »
I wonder how the Paul folks will act if he refuses to make an independent bid.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 03:23:31 AM »
I hope you're not going to say that it will be impossible for him to become President.
Ya know, even if he drops out (and this report is just a fabrication by the left wing media.  Or is it the right wing media?  Anyway, its fabricated) he could still become president.  I hope you noobs realize that.  Its not like his chances are dead.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:37:41 AM »
I hope you're not going to say that it will be impossible for him to become President.
Ya know, even if he drops out (and this report is just a fabrication by the left wing media.  Or is it the right wing media?  Anyway, its fabricated) he could still become president.  I hope you noobs realize that.  Its not like his chances are dead.

Yeah, his chances are dead.  Unless the Media decides to give him all the air time they give Obama, Klinton and McStain. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:42:23 AM »
What chance, pray tell, do you think he has?  sad

From another thread:
Ron Paul Wins!

5% of the vote in his home state that is.
Guess that just wasn't what the country was looking for.
Only Texas Rep. Ron Paul remains but it's now impossible for him to become the nominee. He has not indicated when he will concede but his departure is inevitable.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 03:45:50 AM »
I see nothing wrong in continuing on to the bitter end, if nothing else than to preach his message. Most of his message is pretty good.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 04:13:18 AM »

If enough people woke up and wrote him in on the ballot, he could be president.  Unlikely?  Sure, but enough unlikely things have happened.  Its not impossible, right?  Right?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:36:41 AM »

If enough people woke up and wrote him in on the ballot, he could be president.  Unlikely?  Sure, but enough unlikely things have happened.  Its not impossible, right?  Right?

Not impossible, but with the Media only using his loony-sounding soundbites, when they give him airtime at all, I'd venture to guess alot of people don't even know who he is.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 05:02:24 AM »
Not impossible, but with the Media only using his loony-sounding soundbites, when they give him airtime at all, I'd venture to guess alot of people don't even know who he is.
Unfortunately, he is very good at making loony sounding sound bites, and pretty poor at making good sound bites, despite his very solid positions on all but one issue.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 06:27:11 AM »
The Texas Republican congressman addressed supporters in a 7 1/2-minute video on his campaign Web site Thursday night and did not specifically say he was quitting the race.

WOO HOO, I went long on Chee-to Futures !!!!!

grin rolleyes cheesy
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 06:49:32 AM »

I'm gonna have to check this one.......
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 07:14:23 AM »

Thank you, clean up the cheetohs and turn off the light in the basement.

Now maybe they will shut up and go back to their UFO sites, out of everyone's sight. But to be serious, watch out for crazed anarchists doing something stupid in response to the news.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 07:16:56 AM »
SergeantBob, we all know Rabbi's seen the light that is Ron Paul. grin

Now remove your post and let the fun continue.  police

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »
"You kids get out of the basement, and hang those Wookie customs back in your closet.  You have to be at Best Buy for your 6 to noon shift tomorrow."
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
I wonder how the Paul folks will act if he refuses to make an independent bid.

He did that weeks ago.  I didn't see much of a reaction.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

WeedWhacker

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »

"The presidential campaign will soon wind down, but we do still encourage all effort to gain the maximum number of votes and delegates in all the remaining primaries and to continue the caucus process that's ongoing in the other states by loyal volunteers."

Turns out I was wrong about one thing: Alan Keyes hasn't dropped out, either, so it's a three-person race. I'm somewhat amazed at how little press time Keyes got... I suppose only black Democrats are acceptable...
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »

"The presidential campaign will soon wind down, but we do still encourage all effort to gain the maximum number of votes and delegates in all the remaining primaries and to continue the caucus process that's ongoing in the other states by loyal volunteers."

Turns out I was wrong about one thing: Alan Keyes hasn't dropped out, either, so it's a three-person race. I'm somewhat amazed at how little press time Keyes got... I suppose only black Democrats are acceptable...
He doesnt get press time because he's a joke candidate. Lyndon Larouche is probably running too but so what?  Keyes proved he couldnt get elected dog catcher, losing to Obama I think.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 05:02:54 PM »
Hey, is Pat Paulsen still alive?

He was probably more viable than Ron Paul ever was.   grin 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
At least Paulsen would give us wine.  Ron Paul would give us cheetoes, a job at Best Buy and a spot on my mom's basement couch. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 07:11:50 PM »
Hey, is Pat Paulsen still alive?

He was probably more viable than Ron Paul ever was.   grin 

It would probably be easier for him to get elected if he wore pants..... grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:30 PM »
I know that the democrats are -really- hoping that a libertarian/conservative third party candidate runs...

Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
My question is...

When did he ever BEGIN his long-shot candidacy?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

outerlimit

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 03:50:59 AM »
My question is...

When did he ever BEGIN his long-shot candidacy?

http://www.smallgovtimes.com/story/07mar12.paul.official/

Just about a year ago.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »
So, he declared he was a candidate for President, but from what I can tell, he never actually RAN for President...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.