Author Topic: Hillary hints at Veepdom  (Read 7795 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Hillary hints at Veepdom
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 06:32:10 AM »
Hillary would displace Obama by getting him impeached, and take over the office. She'd find a way.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 06:41:11 AM »
Hillary would displace Obama by getting him impeached, and take over the office. She'd find a way.

Wow!  Please don't bogart, pass that stuff here!
 laugh
To be serious, though, if she turns on her own party just for a year or two in power, they'd burn her at the stake!
The only way I envision that being close to truth is if she's got some very nasty dirt on him already.  And I think the best way for her to stick him with that is if he gets the Nomination and asks her to be Veep.  They begin campaigning and she drops the bomb.  He is forced to bow out and she becomes the defacto Nominee.
I just don't see how she could usurp him while in office.  The guy's so stinkin popular just because he's got that charisma.  And it would require a Republican majority in both houses.  And she'd have to sell out her party to get it done.
No, she rides his coattails into the whitehouse.  Bill gets some cushy job like UN Ambassador.  Hillary runs again in 8 years.
Or Hillary doesn't take the Veep nomination and runs against him in 4 years.  Hard row to hoe, running against a sitting prez for the party nomination.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »
If Obama wants experience in the VP slot, Hilary is NOT the person to pick.  She has only just a little more D.C. experience than he does.  Her experience at the 3 AM call is saying "Bill isn't here right now.." Smiley

She has a lot more to gain with him as her VP than he does picking her as VP. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »
feh.  The days of some gapped tooth hillbilly killing a POTUS are long over. It would take a highly sophisticated, organized and well heeled group to accomplish that, IMO. 

I don't think racists are anywhere near that smart.

LBJ was racist, too......
You're speaking about LBJ, the founder of the "Great Society", who pushed more civil rights legislation than any other president?

Question, do you believe that there was anything actually 'Great' about the Great Society?

LBJ was all about the votes and the Benjamins....and he was known for his "colorful" jokes and bigotry in private company.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »
If Hillary was VP she'd be picking out new "curtain rods", and urging Obama to go visit Dallas.

I wouldn't put it past her.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »

To be serious, though, if she turns on her own party just for a year or two in power, they'd burn her at the stake!

I'm strangely ok with that..

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »
Or Hillary doesn't take the Veep nomination and runs against him in 4 years.  Hard row to hoe, running against a sitting prez for the party nomination.

Given that he lacks any real substance, I've got a hunch that an Obama presidency is going to crash and burn.   After four years of Obama, Hillary may well succeed in taking the presidency away from him.
That assumes the Republicans don't recover enough as a party to run someone meaningful against the Democrat incumbent.  And I just don't see that happening, not for a long while.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »
With the record of the sudden deaths of persons related everything that happened while Bill Clinton was president, I would definatly be afraid for Obama's health, if Hillary was VP.

Wasn't the total of sudden and unexpected deaths of persons connected, in some way, to Bill Clinton around 56?