Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 31798 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #625 on: April 23, 2024, 09:51:23 AM »
Do the Dems have any younger, smart candidates?  Tulsi is the only one I can think of and she has been pushed out.  Most all the other choices I have seen are sort of brainless and probably wouldn't hold up unless running against someone spineless like Mitt Romney (or other establishment candidate).

I think they may be looking for sacrificial lambs at this point to at least make a good showing of it and they've realizing Biden is too far gone for even that. Save the younger smarter ones for 2028, don't think Trump will be running then.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #626 on: April 23, 2024, 09:52:55 AM »
Do the Dems have any younger, smart candidates?  Tulsi is the only one I can think of and she has been pushed out.  Most all the other choices I have seen are sort of brainless and probably wouldn't hold up unless running against someone spineless like Mitt Romney (or other establishment candidate).

Don't discount dem voters voting for a haircut over substance. I mean, Obama got in spouting motivational speaker nonsense because they though he was cool and black.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #627 on: April 23, 2024, 11:14:15 AM »
Don't discount dem voters voting for a haircut over substance. I mean, Obama got in spouting motivational speaker nonsense because they though he was cool and black.

Clinton won in large part because he played a sax on the Tonight Show.  The JFK-Nixon televised debate. Underestimating Charisma and stage presence has bitten the R's before.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #628 on: April 23, 2024, 11:23:05 AM »
The JFK-Nixon televised debate. Underestimating Charisma and stage presence has bitten the R's before.

Remember reading something that said that the majority of those polled afterwards who listened to it on the radio said Nixon won while the majority of those who watched it on TV said Kennedy won
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #629 on: April 23, 2024, 11:41:47 AM »
Also in fairness, Rs will also vote on appearance. A pretty boy who wore a trident will always get votes on that, even if he turns out to be a prog.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #630 on: April 23, 2024, 11:51:59 AM »

Newsome is a threat not to be underestimated

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #631 on: April 23, 2024, 11:57:32 AM »
Clinton won in large part because he played a sax on the Tonight Show.  The JFK-Nixon televised debate. Underestimating Charisma and stage presence has bitten the R's before.
I thought it was the Arsenio Hall show. 

Clinton also was pretty good at ignoring the "scandal" stuff that surrounded him and playing the "good old boy from Arkansas" act.  IMO, Obama copied that act in his own way projecting the image he wanted and running as an intelligent moderate regardless of what his actual record was. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #632 on: April 23, 2024, 12:02:37 PM »
I thought it was the Arsenio Hall show. 

Clinton also was pretty good at ignoring the "scandal" stuff that surrounded him and playing the "good old boy from Arkansas" act.  IMO, Obama copied that act in his own way projecting the image he wanted and running as an intelligent moderate regardless of what his actual record was.

And it doesn't hurt when the majority of the MSM is for all intents and purposes working for your campaign.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2024, 01:24:37 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2024, 09:03:02 PM »
Also in fairness, Rs will also vote on appearance. A pretty boy who wore a trident will always get votes on that, even if he turns out to be a prog.

From what I can tell Rs will drool over female politicians with big boobs, no matter how poor their positions are.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #635 on: April 24, 2024, 09:05:36 AM »
From what I can tell Rs will drool over female politicians with big boobs, no matter how poor their positions are.
Same with minorities who at least have the appearance of being conservatives.  Not sure it is as bad now. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #636 on: April 24, 2024, 09:38:29 AM »
Same with minorities who at least have the appearance of being conservatives. 

I agree.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #637 on: Today at 10:54:22 AM »
Brandon Herrera didn't win, but he forced Gonzales into a runoff.  Herrera would need to pick up almost all of the votes that went to Clark, Lopez, and Avila to have topped Gonzales.  Doesn't look great, but who knows.

Gonzales calls Herrera a "known neo-nazi" and throws monkey turds at Rs in general.
The article calls Gonzales a "centralist"

U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-San Antonio, ripped into his party’s right flank for voting against billions in foreign aid for U.S. allies last week, castigating his ultraconservative peers as “scumbags” and klansmen.

“These people used to walk around with white hoods at night. Now they're walking around with white hoods in the daytime,” Gonzales told CNN’s Dana Bash in an interview Sunday. “It didn't surprise me that some of these folks voted against aid to Israel.”
“It's my absolute honor to be in Congress, but I serve with some real scumbags like [Florida Congressman] Matt Gaetz. He paid minors to have sex with them at drunk parties,” Gonzales said, before calling out Rep. Bob Good for earlier this month endorsing Herrera, whom he called a “known neo-Nazi.”

Tony Gonzales openly blasts fellow Republicans as “scumbags” and klansmen
https://www.texastribune.org/2024/04/22/tony-gonzales-republicans-matt-gaetz-scumbags/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #638 on: Today at 11:02:16 AM »
I already thought Brandon was funny from YouTube (I'm a suscriber), but after watching Tony, or more likely his media team, stumble around Twitter the last couple weeks outright lying and calling names, I really hope Gonzales get's his ass handed to him in the run off.