Author Topic: An opinion poll  (Read 6932 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: An opinion poll
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 05:41:08 PM »
I thought I was going to rank them, but kept coming up with reasons not to rank certain names.  Oh well.

Ron Paul - I would call him a libertarian.  His ideas are often unique on issues.
Michael Savage - Who knows.  Is he calm or screaming?
Theodore Roosevelt - Not sure his views really fit the current climate.  The Govt was just not the same then as it is now.  I think today "Conservative" views are really structured on the last 50 years maybe even post WWII.  Hard to say how to fit him without really looking at the individual issues of his day.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: An opinion poll
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 06:03:42 PM »
Ron Paul - I would call him a libertarian.  His ideas are often unique on issues.
I think that the Lew Rockwell terminology would fit him better - a 'paleoconservative'. In other words, he's more akin to Grover Cleveland than Ronald Reagan, IIRC.
Teddy R was in the Jacksonian mold (including getting shot). Government would seem to be seen by him as a 'tool of righteousness' to some extent. Shades of G.W. Bush in his thoughts on spreading the gospel of democracy around the world (IIRC).
Ike... I don't know much about him. Know he was a decent general, generally thought to be a lousy president for whatever reason. Kindly along the lines of a reserved Smedley Butler in his military-industrial complex speech.
Savage? Heaven only knows. And his dog, I guess.

Hmmm . . . wonder what you'd get if Michael Savage fathered a child with Ann Coulter
*Head explodes*