Author Topic: Senator Clinton: I want to be first U.S. president to march in gay pride parade  (Read 14717 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Senator Clinton: I want to be first U.S. president to march in gay pride parade
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=69213

Elaine Donnelly, president of the Center for Military Readiness, does not think marching in a so-called "gay-pride parade" is a proper venue for the president of the United States.

However, one presidential candidate has made a pledge to do just that  Senator Hillary Clinton (D-New York). She says that Clinton made her pledge in the Washington Blade  a Washington newspaper serving the homosexual community. "...Really now! We've seen these gay pride parades in San Francisco and elsewhere," exclaims Donnelly. "Is this really an appropriate role for the President or the Commander in Chief of our armed forces? I don't think so..."

According to Donnelly, there is virtually no difference between Clinton and Senator Barack Obama (D-Illinois) when it comes to advancing the gay and lesbian agenda. Obama recently wrote an open letter to the homosexual community pledging to end the ban on open homosexuals serving in the military, as well as repeal the Defense of Marriage Act.

Donnelly says both Clinton and Obama would force the homosexual agenda on American citizens by force of law.

MechAg94

• friend
I hate to even ask what outfit she has in mind.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BridgeWalker

Well, if Bill was the first black president, I guess it makes sense for Hillary to be the first gay president. rolleyes

Manedwolf

• friend
I really don't care what people do in their bedrooms, but I don't want to see it.

And those "parades" are pretty damned disgusting, what goes on. It's a parade of fetishes on display.

HankB

• friend
So? I thought that was how Bill & Hillary met - in college they were dating the same girl?

(Hmmm . . . I see a thread closure coming . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
I really don't care what people do in their bedrooms, but I don't want to see it.

And those "parades" are pretty damned disgusting, what goes on. It's a parade of fetishes on display.

What fun is a pride parade if it doesn't shock the squares?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Finch

• Fading Freedoms

Exactly. I had the unfortunate opportunity to witness one and it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was just going to be a civil rights type march with people holding signs and such. Instead I got an eyeful of some guy walking down the street with spiked shoulder pads and a strap-on hanging from his waist.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages

Exactly. I had the unfortunate opportunity to witness one and it wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it was just going to be a civil rights type march with people holding signs and such. Instead I got an eyeful of some guy walking down the street with spiked shoulder pads and a strap-on hanging from his waist.

Yeah I was out on a bike ride through SLC of all places once.  Accidentally intercepted the parade route and had to stop a group of men in tu-tus.  Got yelled at by a cop for cutting through the paradeers....but we just wanted out of there!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
"Pride" marches and events are...unfortunate.  And I say this having participated in Northern Virginia's 2007 Pagan Pride Day event.  Never again.  Pride events are, at best, preaching to the choir (as PPD was) or, at worst, in-your-face demonstrations of just exactly how lunatic the lunatic fringe in any given demographic can be.

If gay people want to be accepted by society, they need to get on with just being.  Being themselves, being part of society, being the mailman or doctor or engineer or what-have-you that you see every day.  Being proud of who you are is different from being Proud; the latter implies ostentation, rudeness, and an unseemly belief that all people have to accept all things.

Gay people need to get it into their heads that not everyone will accept them.  Ever.  Just like we pagans need to deal with the fact that not everyone will accept us.  Ever.  Marching about it gathers no sympathy; rather it drives the fence-sitters away because it hauls out the dregs of the subdemographic and puts them on display for people.

And because a "Pride" march of any kind is, by its very definition, pot-stirring, it's no place for a Chief Executive.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Paddy

I agree 100% with Broken Paw.  Quite clearly, the Apocalypse is very near.  shocked

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Being proud of who you are is different from being Proud; the latter implies ostentation, rudeness, and an unseemly belief that all people have to accept all things.

Ostentation, rudeness, and sometimes nude-ness.   cheesy
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
I agree 100% with Broken Paw.  Quite clearly, the Apocalypse is very near.  shocked

I'll buy you a beverage of your choice, and we can watch the festivities.  Smiley

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
I don't care what someone does in the privacy of their own bedroom, as long as I don't have to watch it, or listen to 'em ramble on about it.

I'm guessing the thread's still gonna get Irwined... It's gonna be just too easy to be sleazy...

Blog under construction

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
BrokenPaw has it right. "Pride" events are simply an excuse for like minded people to preach to the choir, loudly, and as obnoxiously as possible. Being Asatru, which tends to be one of the more (for lack of a better word) conservative of "pagan" groups, a had expected to find much of Pagan Pride day to be silly, and a waste of time.

I had no idea. It was like I'd taken crazy pills. I've seen more normal behavior at a Star Trek convention....

And the President has no business marching in the streets. Good way to give your secret service guys a heart attack.
Hi.

MechAg94

• friend
Good post BrokenPaw.

The difference between Tolerance and Acceptance.  You can actually get people to tolerate quite a lot of things.  You cannot force people to accept those same things without setting up resentment and backlash.  Tolerance just means live and let live.  Acceptance normally means you agree with it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
So... she's admitting that she's getting it on with Huma Abedin?

http://www.claudiocaprara.it/mediamanager/sys.user/38949/Huma%20Abedin.jpg

Shows better taste than Bill, for sure.

Good way to give your secret service guys a heart attack.
A Gay Pride Parade might just set them into Praetorian Guard mode.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Gotta wonder what she'd make of our pink pistols gunbuddies...

Blog under construction

BridgeWalker

Gotta wonder what she'd make of our pink pistols gunbuddies...

I think her head might explode.

Does. Not. Compute.   rolleyes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Tolerance and acceptance are two VERY different things.

Unfortunately far too many people believe that tolerance equals acceptance.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Strings

Gotta agree with BP here: Pride events are scary places...

Worked a Pagan Pride Day several years ago (for a group collecting books to send to the troops in the sandbox). I hope to never see such a weird group of folks again...

Can y'all imagine a "Gun Pride Parade"?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
I just wonder how many people who would participate in a Gay Pride Parade think that the Wookie-clad Paulites are just "weird"?......

Count me in.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend

Worked a Pagan Pride Day several years ago (for a group collecting books to send to the troops in the sandbox). I hope to never see such a weird group of folks again...

This was tried, without success, by a crazy fellow from Colorado.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend

Sure. Everyone marching with their rifle of choice at port arms.

And then, later, the police breaking up fights between groups of AK vs AR adherents and JMB vs Glock devotees.  cheesy

Pew pew pew

• friend
  • Hello!
You know what, I'm really not into the whole pride march thing. Which is a shame, really, because it should be the celebration of a very important event - the Stonewall Rebellion. A huge American event turned into... well, just silliness and "offend to offend"ness. I don't really believe in offending sensibilities just for the hell of it.

At the same time, I believe that I should be able to walk down the street and hold my boyfriend's hand and be open about the fact that I just happen to like men if it's relevant - but, damnit, I don't see a reason to wear a goddamn strap-on in the street. Sorry. (I find PDA beyond a quick peck or hand holding and the like to be gross from anyone.)

I don't know. I feel like an anomaly in the gay "community" sometimes. Sad

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

And then, later, the police breaking up fights between groups of AK vs AR adherents and JMB vs Glock devotees.  cheesy

...and don't forget the epic clashes b/t the 9mm's and the .45's that just didn't stop.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.