Author Topic: What does Jesse Jackson DO, anyway?  (Read 9384 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
What does Jesse Jackson DO, anyway?
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »
And why do the Democrats love him so much? Who pays him, and for what?

All he seems to do is run around being a loud, obnoxious guy with a voice performance ripped off from Malcolm X and minister stereotypes, blathering and demanding about things that are completely mistaken or wrong, with throngs of supporters following him.

Like this quote from today, when Hillary responded about Ferraro's comments on Obama only being where he is because of his race:

"I want to put that in context. You know I am sorry if anyone was offended. It was certainly not meant in any way to be offensive," Hillary Clinton said. "We can be proud of both Jesse Jackson and Senator Obama."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jDDT3Q7CS6Gd9WvC4P6qeGsMIHpwD8VC90B00

Where did Jackson come from there? Did she even realize that in fact that's sort of belittling to Obama, tossing him in with Jackson the loudmouth just because both are the same skin color? On second thought...perhaps she did.

But what does Jackson DO for a living, anyway? He seems to do boneheaded things and get money for them? Like last year, when he led a group of protesters to demand the closure of DS Arms (!) in Illinois. Because, you know, restored FALs are the gangsta drive-by gun of choice! (That's all DS produces.)

Pew pew pew

• friend
  • Hello!
Re: What does Jesse Jackson DO, anyway?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »
He's an extortionist.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:21:50 AM »
He's an extortionist.

Officially speaking, he's a ministerunless, of course, I'm being repetitively redundant and/or redundantly repetitive.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:33:43 AM »
He's an extortionist.

No.....he's just an indirect beneficiary of corporate welfare.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 02:03:44 AM »
we call him the reverend pay to play

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »
He's a race-baiter.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »
Lumping JJ & BHO together is appropriate.

Neither has had a real job in their lives and have made a living agonizing/speaking/writing about the melanin content of their skin.

JJ was always a "community activist" and graduated to shakedowns of corporations in exchange for not staging demonstrations against the.

Obama started in the same place, "community activist," and has gone on to politics.

Neither one would know how to do an honest day's work to provide something of actual use to another human being.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 02:31:28 AM »
his lowest move was returning to chicago in the blood stained shirt and the "i cradled him in my arms as he died" line of bs after the king assasination. kings family had nothin to do with him for decades as a result

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 03:13:53 AM »
He's the black, less obnoxious version of Fred Phelps.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 03:17:31 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_jackson

In 1965, he participated in the Selma to Montgomery marches organized by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and other civil rights leaders in Alabama. When Jackson returned from Selma, he threw himself into Kings effort to establish a beachhead of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) in Chicago.

He caused a stir in 1995 when he wrote to the FOX network protesting an episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in which the "White Ranger" said "White Power" as a battle-cry. Jackson later retracted his statement, but FOX nonetheless censored the line in future airings.

laugh

Basically he started off good, and then slowly became evil.  Much like fistful.
 laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »

All he seems to do is run around being a loud, obnoxious guy with a voice performance ripped off from Malcolm X and minister stereotypes, blathering and demanding about things that are completely mistaken or wrong, with throngs of supporters following him.

Thats about the best summation I've seen anywhere.  You've answered your own question.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »

Basically he started off good, and then slowly became evil.  Much like fistful.
 laugh

Fixed it for you....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

jrfoxx

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »
What does Jesse Jackson DO, anyway?
You mean, other than whine, and moan about racism, while being a GIANT,hypocritcal racist himself, and tossing down his laminated, gilded, race card whenever the mood strikes him,regardless of any facts? Well, other than that, I'd say he does.....nothing.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
he makes a lotta money

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »
He's a shakedown artist.  He finds inside an organization (preferably one with really deep pockets) and a person or group that believes it has been wronged.  You pick the person or group and the wrong.  Using his contacts in the media he is able to get sensational media play of the alleged wrong.  After the episode has had a chance to marinate in the public he approaches the target offering possible solutions to the alleged wrong and possible ways to make the victims whole.  Some of the services he provides is that of media consultation.  He is able to reason with local and national media and get them to go quiet on the entire flap.  Generally there is a comparatively small payout to the alleged victim.  A parallel track in correcting the wrong is for the organization to give generously to foundations which battle the alleged wrong.  Curiously, Jackson is the head of a number of such foundations which have benefited richly from organizations seeking to expiate their political sins.  Occasionally lucrative business arrangements have come out as a way of correcting past wrongs.  I reserve the right to be wrong but I believe Jesse provided a means of expiation of social sins committed by Anheuser Bush.  Seems a rather large and lucrative distributorship in the Chicago area was curiously awarded to Jesse Jackson, Jr. somewhat later.  Junior later ran for and was elected to congress.  Great gig!
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 07:02:05 PM »
Lumping JJ & BHO together is appropriate.

Neither has had a real job in their lives and have made a living agonizing/speaking/writing about the melanin content of their skin.

JJ was always a "community activist" and graduated to shakedowns of corporations in exchange for not staging demonstrations against the.

Obama started in the same place, "community activist," and has gone on to politics.

Neither one would know how to do an honest day's work to provide something of actual use to another human being.
  Not true at all.  Obama is more respectable than JJ in my opinion.  He is a politician and not a community activist.  I do believe he was a teacher as well.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »
He's like Pat buchanan or Noah Goldberg-a talking head for his party's fundamental supporters.

Mainly what he does is go around "drawing attention to the issues!", ie, making something out of nothing.  Just like the rest of the secular clergy.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

christopher

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »
waitone is correct, he runs protest for hire or pay us not to protest actually. the reason clinton had to say both is jackson ran for president & the comment could've slammed both but as you point out it also gave her a way to put them both in the same sentence. but all of her race baiting has back fired.
there's alot of intelligent threads here, i'm glad you guys found me.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 06:17:38 AM »
He certainly makes a lot of money off of the not-for-profit organizations that he runs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »
Because, you know, restored FALs are the gangsta drive-by gun of choice! (That's all DS produces.)

They do a lot more than just resto FAL's. They make entire new guns, as well as a line of AR's. They also import a knockoff of an old Steyr machine pistol.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »
Because, you know, restored FALs are the gangsta drive-by gun of choice! (That's all DS produces.)

They do a lot more than just resto FAL's. They make entire new guns, as well as a line of AR's. They also import a knockoff of an old Steyr machine pistol.

The point was that they do not supply gangs with drive-by toys, as Jackson was claiming when he demanded they be closed. (Like a typical gangsta could even figure out a FAL?) They do not make things that "kill young people". They make quality stuff for people who know what they're doing with it, I don't think they have a single rifle under $1k. And AFAIK, nothing they've ever sold has ever been used in a crime. That didn't stop Jackson. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 01:23:01 PM »
.  Obama .................................  I do believe he was a teacher as well.

You believe, or you know?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
Shake down artist.

Less than ten years ago JJ met with the CEO of Boeing to shake down the aircraft giant.  I remember scratching my head, thinking 1) what the heck does JJ have on Boeing, and 2) even if he has something, how can he leverage it with a threat of a boycott  commercial and military aircraft arent bought up by the general public.

As I recall, 1) JJ did get some money out of Boeing, and 2) shortly after that Boeing moved their headquarters from Seattle (headquarters for 85 years) to Chicago, home of JJ.

Interesting coincidence.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
Great book, here!
http://www.amazon.com/Shakedown-Exposing-Real-Jesse-Jackson/dp/0895261081/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205696974&sr=8-2

Provides chapter and verse on Je$$e's schtik.  After reading the book I get the distinct feel he is able to get away with his actions because someone amongst the federales is afraid to pursue him in court.  Sorta makes we wonder what other kind of scam he is running.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 02:07:17 AM »
Found an interesting article that addresses the issue:

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0401jackson.htm

Cypress Semiconductors chief T.J. Rodgers calls Jackson's strategy a "shakedown." Rodgers has been publicly outspoken against Jackson since his company was accused last spring of racist hiring policies, despite the company's diverse workforce. Rodgers says Jackson gives business leaders a simple way to "repent" -- cough up money -- to avoid being labeled racist.
Indeed, when Rodgers rebuffed Jackson's hard-ball tactics and publicly defended the diversity of Silicon Valley's workforce, Jackson announced, "We can now officially describe Cypress Semiconductor as a white-supremacist hate group."

T.J. Rodgers is a legend around where I work because he rebuffed Jacksons efforts. From what I've heard, he basically told Jackson to kiss his @ss and kicked him off his property. His business continued to thrive, perhaps even more so, afterwards.

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).