Author Topic: What does Jesse Jackson DO, anyway?  (Read 9377 times)

keeleon

Re: What does Jesse Jackson DO, anyway?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
I always kind of wondered this myself.  I am surprised no one has mentioned the "Naggers" episode of South Park yet.  In it Randy goes to offer his apology to JJ, and he makes him kiss his butt to apologize.  And of course Token, intelligently points out that JJ is not the king of black people and doesn't represent them all.  But that is basically what he thinks he is.  He is the ambassador and any outrage or apology needs to be addressed by him personally.  Of course usually in the form of cash payments.  I always thought the whole "cash settlement" thing was serious BS.  If your whole issue is that you were treated unfairly, then the logical solution would be that you just be treated fairly, not treated better because of your skin color.  Kind of like that fireman in SoCal that got 1.5 million for being fed dog food as a prank.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 08:19:14 AM »
I have a question. why isn't anyone bitching about the head of the KKK or the Aryan Nations?  I would think they are far worse for the country, I mean afterall they are an older Christian terrorist organization?  The KKK has been here and harmed far more people than Jesse Jackson.

keeleon

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 08:25:25 AM »
I have a question. why isn't anyone bitching about the head of the KKK or the Aryan Nations?  I would think they are far worse for the country, I mean afterall they are an older Christian terrorist organization?  The KKK has been here and harmed far more people than Jesse Jackson.

Wow, why am I not surprised that it was Tecumseh with that response.  No one is bitching about them, because I'm pretty sure no one here likes them or looks up to them to begin with.  They promote themselves as hate organizations right off the bat.  They don't try and convince us that they just want what is "fair".  They are very open in that they want all people they "disagree" with for whatever reason simply gone, or dead.  But JJ LIES to the people, and he connives about what he actually wants.  He tries to say that his is a defender of "justice", but he just wants to complain that the "black man is getting a raw deal".  You are very correct in that the KKK has harmed more people, but guess what, so has the US Army, and since neither of those has anything to do with the discussion at hand, you are completely out of line for bringing it up.

But of course if you don't, who will, right?  For the children, of course.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »
Well, for one thing it is hard to have a Klan meeting without having an FBI informant either attending or running the meeting.  It is so thoroughly penetrated it is essentially neutered.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 05:07:46 AM »
Who is head of the KKK and Aryan Nation?  I don't have any idea nor do I care.  I can't remember ever seeing one of them on a news show talking about race relations either. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »
JJ is an extortionist par excellence.  He goes to various companies and basically says "I think your racist and if you don't give me (or Rainbow/PUSH) a huge pile of money as a donation, then I'll go on TV/Radio and organize boycotts and just create all kinds of bad publicity for your company.  It'll drive down your profits and shareprices.  He makes the Mafia look like pikers when it comes to paying "protection money".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 12:32:19 PM »

I've been waiting to make this point for a long time, Tecumseh.  Almost every time a topic comes up where someone / some group is being criticized, you come in and ask why someone or something else isn't being criticized.

So here's your answer, now and for the rest of the time you manage to remain a member of this board: 

BECAUSE THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW!

If you want to start a thread about why we should hate the KKK, Jesus, Christianity, or Mickey Mouse, BY ALL MEANS, START IT!

Good lord, you remind me of a five-year-old, whining that life is not fair because his cup has 1/4 inch less Kool-Aid than his brother, or that he only got 45 Jolly ranchers when the other kids got 46.

Stop trying to subvert the course of threads on this forum.  There's a reason why you were given a time out.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
Declaration Day, thank you.

I'd honestly wanted to start a discussion on why Jackson, who seems to indeed be a shakedown artist with no legitimate income, is not only loved by the media, but never questioned in his actions or his obvious wealth.
The attempt to derail the thread into "but why aren't you complaining about (unrelated subject)" was annoying.

Barbara

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
Extortionist is the best description I've ever seen.

There are a lot of things to dislike about Obama, but I don't see them as the same at all..