Author Topic: Geraldine Ferraro just crashed and burned...  (Read 8928 times)

Glock Glockler

• friend
Re: Geraldine Ferraro just crashed and burned...
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
A white Obama = a less experienced John Edwards. 

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 05:13:55 AM »
would Obama be where he is now if he were white?
Why wouldn't he be?
Because he wouldnt command the support of Black Leaders, who until Obama had been loyal supporters of the Clintons.
And he would have been just another inexperienced noob from Chicago.

Yeah, like there are no other reasons to not support the Clintons?  News flash: they are in the position they are in because of...them, not because of Barack Obama. 

Huh?
Bill Clinton was hailed as the "first Black president" even by members of the Black community.  He assiduously courted them and built up tremendous support in that community.  But when a Black candidate with a ghost's chance of winning showed up, they dumped the Clintons.  If Obama had been white there would be no reason for them to jump ship.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 05:14:37 AM »
A white Obama = a less experienced John Edwards. 

Bingo.  Exactly.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
Bill was never the First Black President.   He was the First Teenage President.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:50 PM »
Bill was never the First Black President.   He was the First Teenage President.
They called him that because he came from a broken home, played the sax, ate cheeseburgers and junk food, and tomcatted around on his wife.  If that sounds stereotypical to you too I can only say I didnt make it up.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 12:13:58 PM »
Because he wouldnt command the support of Black Leaders, who until Obama had been loyal supporters of the Clintons.
If you mean they've commanded the support of the party machine (which involves 'black leadership') - yes. But that's because the Clintons were, in the '90s, controlling the party, and from 2006 on, Hillary was the ascendant Presidential star.

But there has certainly been no love lost between, say the Congressional Black Caucus and the DLC (which is the Clinton stronghold, obviously). When there have been challenges to the Clintons and their wing of the party, "Black Leaders" (I really enjoy treating 'those people' as a monolith...) never lined up in support for them.

And he would have been just another inexperienced noob from Chicago.
All politicians are "inexperienced noobs" - right before they become players. No one has presented - race aside - any reason that Obama wouldn't have made that leap.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

johnster999

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 01:15:58 PM »
I think Obama's race is actually an asset in the Democrat nomination process. Many Democrats of all races are quite enthused about the prospect of a strong black presidential candidate.

I don't think Ferraro is a racist, but liberals much like her are responsible in part for her being treated as such. They've fostered an environment in which her relatively benign observation, poorly worded and snipped into a soundbite, would be instantly pounced upon resulting in her downfall.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »
They called him that because he came from a broken home, played the sax, ate cheeseburgers and junk food, and tomcatted around on his wife.  If that sounds stereotypical to you too I can only say I didnt make it up.

I called him The First Teenage President because I think that's the way Bill behaves.  I wouldn't hang Bill's terminal immaturity and narcissism on black people.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.