Author Topic: God D@mn America, says BHO's Minister  (Read 15556 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
God D@mn America, says BHO's Minister
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
Oh, but dissent is the height of patriotism...

@sshole.

Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11
Obama's Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Has a History of What Even Obama's Campaign Aides Say Is 'Inflammatory Rhetoric'

By BRIAN ROSS and REHAB EL-BURI

March 13, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

An ABC News review of dozens of Rev. Wright's sermons, offered for sale by the church, found repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.

"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

Sen. Obama told the New York Times he was not at the church on the day of Rev. Wright's 9/11 sermon. "The violence of 9/11 was inexcusable and without justification," Obama said in a recent interview. "It sounds like he was trying to be provocative," Obama told the paper.

Rev. Wright, who announced his retirement last month, has built a large and loyal following at his church with his mesmerizing sermons, mixing traditional spiritual content and his views on contemporary issues.

"I wouldn't call it radical. I call it being black in America," said one congregation member outside the church last Sunday.

"He has impacted the life of Barack Obama so much so that he wants to portray that feeling he got from Rev. Wright onto the country because we all need something positive," said another member of the congregation.

Rev. Wright, who declined to be interviewed by ABC News, is considered one of the country's 10 most influential black pastors, according to members of the Obama campaign.

Obama has praised at least one aspect of Rev. Wright's approach, referring to his "social gospel" and his focus on Africa, "and I agree with him on that."

Sen. Obama declined to comment on Rev. Wright's denunciations of the United States, but a campaign religious adviser, Shaun Casey, appearing on "Good Morning America" Thursday, said Obama "had repudiated" those comments.

In a statement to ABCNews.com, Obama's press spokesman Bill Burton said, "Sen. Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church. Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: God D@mn America, says BHO's Minister
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »
He's very close to Obama, too.

Not surprising. That just looks like all the stuff I suspected Obama believes, but would never say. He only grins and says empty feelgood platitudes.

Three-strikes laws are bad? Yeah, I'm sure he believes that. His sort coddles criminals as victims.
9/11 was our fault? Of course he believes that.

Anyone ever wonder what sorts Obama would pardon? "Troubled youths" who only did a dozen drive-bys with multiple fatalities and want to turn their life around, maybe? They're victims of society and the rich, you know!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »
Exactly what Obama thinks too.

From talking to Obama, I believe that it is not that Obama hates the USA, he just loves the UN more.  B.H. Obama, our post-American President. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »
Oh, why can't they save this stuff until AFTER the nomination.   sad   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »
I'd rather vote for the preacher than Obama...
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »
hell, least the preacher is honest
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Paddy

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »
I've never heard a minister ask God to damn anything. 

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »
just saw a video of the sky pilot. interesting feller.the politics is just starting to get nasty  gonna be blood on the walls before its over

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 07:08:44 PM »

Not surprising. That just looks like all the stuff I suspected Obama believes, but would never say. He only grins and says empty feelgood platitudes.

Three-strikes laws are bad? Yeah, I'm sure he believes that. His sort coddles criminals as victims.

Anyone ever wonder what sorts Obama would pardon? "Troubled youths" who only did a dozen drive-bys with multiple fatalities and want to turn their life around, maybe? They're victims of society and the rich, you know!

When you say "His sort" what do you mean?  How do you know that Obama would pardon muderers? 

Are we going to have to worry about Christian terrorists now is what I am wondering.  Anyone else with me?

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »
the sky pilot reminds me of the penguin in happy feet  the guru with the gravelly voice  loveless

SomeKid

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »

When you say "His sort" what do you mean?  How do you know that Obama would pardon muderers? 

Are we going to have to worry about Christian terrorists now is what I am wondering.  Anyone else with me?

Oh I am! I tremble in fear Daley because Christians might blow themselves up, fly a plane into a building, saw my head off with a knife, or cause some other sort of mayhem. After all, such activities are the next logical step from preaching about love, caring for the poor, etc. Us dirty Christians are so evil. As an aside, do you make the Kool-Aid yourself?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 01:30:06 AM »

Oh I am! I tremble in fear Daley because Christians might blow themselves up, fly a plane into a building, saw my head off with a knife, or cause some other sort of mayhem. After all, such activities are the next logical step from preaching about love, caring for the poor, etc. Us dirty Christians are so evil. As an aside, do you make the Kool-Aid yourself?
  You live in the Mayor?

You are not so familiar with the history of Christianity, are you?  As far as Koolaid, I make it most of the time but I sometimes just buy the premade stuff.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 02:42:16 AM »

You're kidding, right?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 06:20:08 AM »
"Anyone else with me?"

No.

IMO, ministers and preachers should stick to teaching the Word of God and leave the politics to others.  That goes for him, for Pat Robertson, and others.  If they don't, they should no longer allow people to refer to them as reverend or other similar titles.  The two don't go together IMO.

As far as the "pardoning murderers" part, I am all for helping people in bad circumstances improve their lives, but I think the consequences for crimes should remain stiff.  The 3-strikes rule was enacted because citizens were tired of hearing about repeat offenders getting back out on the streets committing crimes.  How many felonies do you think poor underprivileged kids should get? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

johnster999

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 06:46:22 AM »
In most churches, a preacher who used the term godd@mn in the pulpit would face disciplinary action or be dismissed.

I guess not in wacky separatist type churches. You know, the kind that produce BS-artist, political demagogues like Barack Obama.

He's not Obama's curmudgeonly old uncle, either. He's the minister that Obama and his wife chose as their family's primary spiritual and religious adviser. That says a lot.

Sheng_Pao

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »
Wow, that is a true patriotic American.
.Sike.
From the Steppes of Mongolia to the Highlands of Tibet
http://www.youtube.com/user/rachen30

longeyes

• friend
the mask is coming off
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
If Obama wants to go Searching for Daddy, he should do that on a barefoot walking trip through the wilds of Africa--he can take Michelle with him as his bodyguard, she'd scare off just about anybody--and not subject America to his arrogant, dissembling lunacies.

It is no accident that his spiritual surrogate father is Rev. Wright and his closest intimate is Michelle.  It's no secret what those two have in common: a loathing of the very nation that Barack aspires to be President of.

I'm beginning to think Obama is insane and a big chunk of our own country is insane enough to welcome him to leadership. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
It's because he promises "change."  People are so tired of Bush, they'll believe the horsecrap "change" spew Obama is pushing off on us.  When asked just what he'd do to "change" things, Obama so far has been pretty evasive.

That said, that pastor dude ain't nothing but a racist kook.  The amount of airtime that idiot's gotten is entirely too much.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »
An Addict Nation goes from uppers to downers to uppers to...

Bush wasn't the answer and Obama and Hillary certainly can't provide anything but an ephemeral euphoria.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 05:22:17 AM »
I think the pressure to put out details will grow as the campaigns move forward especially if he gets the nomination. 

I think McCain will have a pretty good chance in this election as a lot of people will likely end up seeing him as the "safe" pick.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 07:25:07 AM »
I'm beginning to sense Obama is a peculiarly volatile mixture of marxist political ideology and racist religious beliefs.  Disturbing to say the least.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 07:36:19 AM »
I'm beginning to sense Obama is a peculiarly volatile mixture of marxist political ideology and racist religious beliefs.  Disturbing to say the least.

Don't forget the fact that he only wants the police and military to have any guns at all.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »
Ya know, Hillary is a terrible prospect for President.  Obama looks worse and worse every day.  McCain isn't acceptable, either.

I think there will come a time in the not so distant future when folks will look back on the days of George W's Presidency fondly.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 04:07:41 PM »
I doubt that: he set the stage for all of this.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 06:51:01 PM »
  I think McCain will have a pretty good chance in this election as a lot of people will likely end up seeing him as the "safe" pick.

And that's what makes McCain so dangerous.  He's a rino of the first order.  Rather than taking the power he may be justly given by the electorate, he's got a track record of trying to get along with the statists instead of steamrollering the opposition; which is exactly what they do when they have power.  Democrats never care what Republicans think or want.  The Republicans are like Rodney King; why can't we all just get along.  That is the scariest thought of them all.

As for McCain picking conservative judges?  If you believe that, I'll sell you a bridge.  He'd never nominate a strict constructionist to the court.  Teddy Kennedy, Pelosi, Feingold et al would tell him no and he'd bow down.  In fact when Hannity interviewed him, he never even mentioned the most thoughtful Justice, and firm strict constructionist on the present court as an example of who he'd hire; Clarence Thomas.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw