Author Topic: The staggering nuance of Obama supporters...  (Read 7079 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
The staggering nuance of Obama supporters...
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:02:21 AM »
Just to see how his blank-eyed cheering disciples supporters are dealing with the Wright issue, I poked at the forums on their campaign site.

This is what I saw. Long. And it says SO much, doesn't it?

By maria from europe 52 minutes ago
i am sending positive energies to you all xxxxx

Show your Support  |  Report to Admin
By Cornell from Harrisburg PA 51 minutes ago
lets all cheer: YES WE CAN!!!
Re: Show your Support  |  Report to Admin
By Cornell from Harrisburg PA 51 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!
By Money can't buy votes.... 46 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!
By Lace King 45 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Priscilla "HUSSEIN" Stop the hate in 08'! 50 minutes ago
Yes we can!!!

I'm behind you senator 100%!
By Cornell from Harrisburg PA 50 minutes ago
YES WE CAN
By maria from europe 50 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!!!
By Cornell from Harrisburg PA 49 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!
By PrimeTimeMom 49 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Henry 47 minutes ago
YES.WE.CAN.
By PhillyLady4Obama 45 minutes ago
YES WE CAN.

knock it outta the park, future president! we're standing with you up there! WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK!

PL40

obama '08
By Cmella, Durham NC 42 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!
By Kathy from Nashville, TN 28 minutes ago
Yes We Can - and if anyone can address this issue with class and forthrightness, it is Obama. Yes he can!!!
By June from GA 24 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!
By Tracy in CT 46 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!

We are behind you all the way Senator Obama!
By Charmona from Centreville, VA 44 minutes ago
Yes We Can!! Yes He Can!! Yes God Can!!
By Sue 41 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!!
By KB4U 44 minutes ago
"YES WE CAN"
By Seth in MI 41 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Brooke in Charleston, W.Va. 40 minutes ago
Yes, we can!
By Judy R. 39 minutes ago
yes we can!
By Brenda in Indiana 32 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Reggie 33 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!!
By Siva from Memphis TN 30 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!!!
By Lace King 21 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Praying Hard 29 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Carrie 25 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By MariaDC 22 minutes ago
Si Se Puede!!
By tameka "Hussein" 19 minutes ago
YYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss WWWeeeee CCCCCCCCaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn!!!! !!!!!
By Vee 19 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!! We're RIGHT here with you.
By Donna No Shock Barack No Drama Obama of MD 16 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!
By Brandi 15 minutes ago
Yes We Can!!!
By Rebecca Hussein Kurth, UK 10 minutes ago
YES WE CAN!!

johnster999

Re: The staggering nuance of Obama supporters...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:17:10 AM »
"O-Bah-Mah O-Bah-Mah O-Bah-Mah O-Bah-Mah"
chants the blankeyed horde
as they march on in one accord.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:18:44 AM »
I'm just . . . staggered . . . by the level of independent & original thought displayed by the Obamaniacs who submitted a comment.  rolleyes
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »
Yes, I suppose maybe you could.  But why would you want to?   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:49:56 AM »
Why should the Wright issue merit a serious response from anyone?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 02:07:27 AM »

Um, because it is very damning of a certain presidential candidate.  No? 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:54 AM »

Um, because it is very damning of a certain presidential candidate.  No? 

I would think his actual positions on the issues are far more 'damning'.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 02:35:31 AM »
And that means that his long membership in the First Church of America-Hating and Race-Baiting, and his closeness with the pastor thereof, isn't serious? 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 02:37:53 AM »
Mmm, between 'Friend who hates America' and 'policies that'll injure and harm America's safety and the freedom of her citizens', what's more 'damning'?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 04:23:34 AM »
The importance of his friendship with Wright and other radical haters, is that knowing that, how can you tell what Obama believes.  Why would you expect him to tell the truth about what his views are?  Given his associates and their stated preferences? 

SARCASM Obama:  "Oh gosh I've been caught.  Yes I hate America and whitey needs to die.  But I have the audacity of hoping that I can change America and put all them troublesome whites in concentration camps along with those vile Jews and Catholics. Vote for me and no one will have to work again 'cause we'll have a white slave in every household."  END OF SARCASM

I think actions speak louder than words.  It's what a man does rather than what he says is important.   Let us see.  Are there any other historical leaders who mesmerized the sheep with oratory?  Hmmmmmm?

A fellow named George Romney merely mentioned that he'd been "brainwashed" speaking about Eastern Europe, (just a poor choice of words, actually) and found him being crucified by the media in no uncertain terms.  He was finished as a presidential candidate.  We've come a long way since then.  The liberal statist revisionist history pap that has passed for education in our government schools is starting to become evident judging from what you see in some of our youth and young adults.

The state of todays media is painfully obvious regarding the Obama thing.  Mainstream media makes excuses for Obama and the alternate media universe at least hammers on the subject.  But notably, even they don't really challenge Obama.  Just about every talking head prefaces the description of Obama's pastor and other radicals by saying: (paraphrased)  'Of course we don't think Obama thinks this way but....'
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

johnster999

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 05:42:52 AM »
I think both his association with Wright and his policies are damning, making Obama doubledamned in my view.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 05:48:49 AM »
What the hell is with the new claims that "that's just how black churches are"...Since when?

They really ARE trying to fracture the country on race lines again.

Paddy

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 06:26:49 AM »
The importance of his friendship with Wright and other radical haters, is that knowing that, how can you tell what Obama believes.  Why would you expect him to tell the truth about what his views are?  Given his associates and their stated preferences?

C'mon grampster you're smarter than this.  I'm surprised at you; this is the same hysterical fear mongerging crap that sleaze Hannity was parroting yesterday.  rolleyes

Change the station.  Please.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »
It's remarkable that over 20 years of attendence, donations, (BIG TIME  donations!) marriage services, and their children's baptisms, the Obamas  were SO careful to attend ONLY the services where Wright didn't behave like a raving, racist, anti-American, hate-mongering lunatic.

Twenty years . . . and they had NO idea about the real Wright . . . the one he showed in public ONLY when the Obamas weren't there.

And NOBODY . . . in twenty years . . . breathed a word of it to them.

Yeah.

Right.

Seems only the "true believers" and the American media believes this load of . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 07:20:16 AM »
Riley,

I very rarely listen to, or watch Hannity.  He's a bit boring because he keeps repeating the same mantra over and over and over and over ad nauseum.

But I do remember what my parents taught me when I was young.  "You will be known by the company your keep."  I did hang out with some kids that did not meet the approval of my parents.  Some were not as my parents thought they were.  Some were.  Most were.  Some of my actions were influenced by that company.  And I did find out that I was, in fact judged by the company I kept.  I suffered accusation and general painting by the same brush by Authority, from time to time.  Sometimes wrongly and sometimes spot on.  The short of it was that my parents judgment was mostly correct as I found myself doing things that got me in trouble because of who I was hanging with.  The little voice of counsel that I got from my parents kept me from serious error and over a long period of time I managed to find my way.

The point of the dissection of Obama and the company he keeps, is to be better able to make decisions that may have far reaching consequences.  My own view is that from my experience in life, a person's word is reinforced by his actions.  We know very little about his actions.  What little we know about Obama is that he appears to be, on the surface, a classical statist firmly on the far left.  The company he keeps, the mentors that he has associated with are windows to his beliefs.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

keeleon

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 07:29:08 AM »
YES WE CAN!

Sorry, I had to.  What bothers me most about people like this reverend, is the amount of hypocrisy they are spewing.  I can understand that you might be upset about things that (while not affecting you in ANY negative way) happened 200 years ago, how does further segregating your "culture" help to make things better?  If you are so mad about how whitey has treated the black community, why are you furthering the seperation between the two cultures?  Why do you have a "black church", whose main point is to preach about the evils of the white man and modern society to the black man.  this is why MArtin Luther King was a true hero.  He didn't point out the differences, and say "we've been oppressed, now is OUR time to shine", he said, "hey, we're not really that different, can't we just all be equal?".

Here's a question.  What if the same exact thing was happening on the opposite side?  What if Mccain went to a church whose reverend would constantly preach about the downfall of society caused by the black criminals in our ghettos.  What if he preached the same racism only in reverse?  Then when Mccain came out and said, while he really respects the man, he doesn't agree with him, what would your opinion be?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 08:04:15 AM »
...and that is what is supposed to be called:  "What is good for the goose, is good for the gander."  What is generally promulgated today in America is the notion of equality.  Most Americans, some grudgingly of course, nonetheless accept this notion.

But, there are some who do not and will not.  Sadly those voices of division sometimes come from those people one would expect to not espouse that division.
Probably because there is money, power and notoriety in that behavior.  I wonder what goes through the head of Mr. Wright at the present time.  I would suppose he believes his warped views about race and the American experience is being vindicated because his beliefs are being challenged.  One wonders if he really believes what he says, or merely uses it to edify himself.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »
'Yes we can'='si se puede', the chant of the illegals last year, FWIW.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 08:16:52 AM »
  By that logic Bush is an Islamofascist as his family has ties to Bin Ladens family.  His family is friends with them.  Why would you expect him to tell the truth about whathis views are?  Given his associates and their stated preferences?

Paddy

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
grampster, I think you're just repeating something you heard somewhere and are now forced to defend it.  If  Republicans think a campaign of fear and hatemongering, through guilt by association or any other means, is a winning 'strategy', I think they're pathetically mistaken.  They'll no doubt continue to float this tactic until they see it won't work (and maybe not even after, they don't seem to be very perceptive).

Republicans are stuck with a tired, ill-tempered old man to sell to the American people.l  A GWB clone no less, and the vast majority of us are sick of Bush.

If Republicans continue down the path of a nasty negative agenda, their defeat come November will be stunning.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »
Republicans are stuck with a tired, ill-tempered old man to sell to the American people.l  A GWB clone no less, and the vast majority of us are sick of Bush.
You know, if you look at the postings on forums like APS, TFL, THR, etc., you may just discover that there's not a whole lot of enthusiam for the GOP's apparent nominee. (Or, for that matter, for GWB himself.) <we need a barf smiley>

In fact, I believe "None of the Above" would win a clear majority on these forums were it offered as a choice on the November ballot.

Nonetheless, BHO's long term association with a person of the ilk of Wright, his wife's comments, his support for driver's licenses for illegals and spending $845,000,000,000 to fight "global poverty" strongly suggests there is a greater evil in this race. His association with someone as despicable and hate-filled as Wright just helps to add a few more brush strokes to the painting of his character . . .

And it's not a pretty sight.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »
Riley,

I never knew you were a mindreader.  All I ever thought you were was a crabby old fart that wore his pants way high and too tight.  grin grin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »
Mmm, between 'Friend who hates America' and 'policies that'll injure and harm America's safety and the freedom of her citizens', what's more 'damning'?

Friend who hates America?  No, it means a lot more than that, and you know it does.  He has claimed this man as an adviser and friend.  And religious leader.  For twenty years.  When you associate with any group for that long, it means something.  I should tell you some of my pastor's teachings, and some of his more radical statements.  Then you can feel free to dismiss that as if it told no tale about me.  But that would be naive.

This tells us just as much about his character and his politics as any platform or speech, or any statement he might make in an interview or debate.   

Paddy

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
Riley,

I never knew you were a mindreader.  All I ever thought you were was a crabby old fart that wore his pants way high and too tight.  grin grin

Ya learn something everyday, dontcha?  And you're older than I am.  laugh

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 07:56:12 PM »
Duh.  Gramps is older than everybody.