Author Topic: The staggering nuance of Obama supporters...  (Read 7112 times)

Dntsycnt

• friend
Re: The staggering nuance of Obama supporters...
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 04:17:03 AM »
Has anyone here read his book?

I haven't.  I was thinking of reading it just to see if he actually conveys in any way what his positions are and how he would run things, or if it's just a bunch of emotional I'm-a-good-guy-and-together-we-can-change BS.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 04:32:19 AM »
Clenchedentirely...and don't you forget it!!

The fun thing about being my age is that I can have so much fun baiting you whippersnappers. angel grin grin
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 07:48:15 AM »
By that logic Bush is an Islamofascist as his family has ties to Bin Ladens family.  His family is friends with them.  Why would you expect him to tell the truth about whathis views are?  Given his associates and their stated preferences?

Bush doesn't regularly attend religous services that proclaim a Jihadi worldview, Obama, OTOH, has been a member of this "church" for a long time, he has said that Wright is a "spiritual mentor" whom he 'doesn't make an important decision without consulting", and has performed his marraige ceremony. 

let's now take a look at Pastor Wright on the Hannity & Colmes show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTGRL0OJWQ

In the clip Pastor Wright eventually just starts trying to speak over Hannity saying that if he isn't familiar with "Black Liberation Theology" as espoused by James Cone, then there is no point in talking.

So taking the next logical step let's do what the news media hasn't bothered too. Let's look at what James Cone has to actually say. Let's look at what the fundamental systematic basis of Barack Obama's claimned church actually involves.

Here's a direct quote:

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community. . . . Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

-- James Cone, a distinguished professor at New York's Union Theological Seminary, cited by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright on the TUCC website as the man who "systematized" Wright's theological system, known as Black Liberation theology.

I have to hand it to Pastor Wright... He was correct... I couldn't truly understand where he was coming from... until I read that. I think I have a pretty darn good idea now.

So tell me, Tecumseh, are you deliberately obtuse or is it simply some kind of Pavlovian thing that occurs whenever an opportunity to bash Christians presents itself?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »
Sieg Heil !!
Sieg Heil !!
Sieg Heil !!

Oooops...... wrong democrat candidate.

Long Live the Revolution !!
Power to the People !!
Che Show Us the Way !!

There.......much better.....

It's also nice to see that Tecumseh didn't learn anything during his timeout.

Think twice, post once......

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
I am a judgmental bastard.  I try to exercise judgment with most of my actions.  I size up those i encounter and make, yes, a judgment.

When it comes to people, my big three criteria are actions, associates, and words (in decreasing weight).

Actions
BHO is very light here.  He has had no real job that I know of. 

Before he was elected to the Illinois legislature, he was a "community activist."  Essentially, he chased government grants and tried to convince other citizens and organizations to give him money.

He wrote a book where he mooned on about the horrifying effects of being raised by a white woman in upper-middle class status.  The horror.

IOW, his resume is thin to the point that he would have to pad it with his GPA and elected school positions were he to try to get gainful employment.

Associates
Since he has done, essentially, bupkis, the next stop on the judgment jaunt is those he associates with.

This is the only one of the three criteria that has much content.  Unless one is a hermit, that will be the case.

His wife is a whiny lawyer who constantly prattles on about how expensive their Ivy League educations were and how burdensome it was to pay off the loans.  All the while they live in a multi-million dollar house in Chi-town and she brings home $300K+ worth of bacon.  Just how can she manage? 

His minister of 20 years, the man who inspired one of his books, is a nasty, America-hating POS.  He hangs out with scumbag dictators and is a racist bastard.

Note that neither of the above is blood family.  Both were folks BHO has chosen to associate with.  Wright is not "some crazy uncle."  If he was, it would be of lesser import, as the relationship would be involuntary.

Words
He can put words together in a way that tickles one's ear.  The problem is, his words are not burdened with content. 

To call BHO an emty suit is an insult to empty suits, who likely disavow the hate-America crowd and racist scum.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »
Quote from: GlockGlocker
Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community. . . . Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

-- James Cone, a distinguished professor at New York's Union Theological Seminary, cited by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright on the TUCC website as the man who "systematized" Wright's theological system, known as Black Liberation theology.

Sweet!

A negative image of white Christian Identity nuttery.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 09:57:14 AM »
The importance of his friendship with Wright and other radical haters, is that knowing that, how can you tell what Obama believes.  Why would you expect him to tell the truth about what his views are?  Given his associates and their stated preferences? 
  By that logic Bush is an Islamofascist as his family has ties to Bin Ladens family.  His family is friends with them.  Why would you expect him to tell the truth about whathis views are?  Given his associates and their stated preferences?

To say that your comparison is illogical would be doing a disservice to the definition of the word.  Obama said he'd not throw his mentor under the bus (paraphrased)  and George W. Bush has been trying to kill Bin Laden.  There does not seem to be much in the way of equivalency.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »
I haven't.  I was thinking of reading it just to see if he actually conveys in any way what his positions are and how he would run things, or if it's just a bunch of emotional I'm-a-good-guy-and-together-we-can-change BS.

I skimmed the book in the store without funding the guy. His book is as empty as his suit, stuffed full of hope, change, and glittering generalities.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.