Author Topic: EPIC FAIL!  (Read 6199 times)

James Fitzer

EPIC FAIL!
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
from http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/03/18/scotus.guns.intl/index.html

Thirty-one states along with groups like the powerful National Rifle Association -- a gun rights lobby group -- support the gun owners. A handful of states such as Maryland, Massachusetts, Chicago, and San Francisco support Washington.

God bless the state of san francisco

rolleyes

Anyone see this turning out in our favor?

Remington788

• friend
Re: EPIC FAIL!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:40:30 AM »
I always tell people that Chicago should become the 51st state.  Solve alot of Illinois problems.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:12:28 AM »
I always tell people that Chicago should become the 51st state.  Solve alot of Illinois problems.

Why not just saw it off and float it over to Canada?

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
Anyone see this turning out in our favor?

That's my hope; my fear is that government will once again look after the interests of government to the exclusion of ours.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »
When you saw off Chicago and float it to Canada, don't forget to pick up Detroit along the way.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Remington788

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »
Why not just saw it off and float it over to Canada?

Now that's just mean.  Better idea, just kick them out altogether.   laugh

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
Shouldn't we just nuke it?  It is the only way to be sure.   laugh
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »

If you launched a missile at Chicago, Daley would just convince it not to explode, that it'd be much happier working with his administration, and it'd end up in some office taking kickbacks and a percentage of the take from shakedowns.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »

If you launched a missile at Chicago, Daley would just convince it not to explode, that it'd be much happier working with his administration, and it'd end up in some office taking kickbacks and a percentage of the take from shakedowns.

Maned, has anyone ever called you cynical???

Not that what you said isn't true though..........   Smiley
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
Maryland, Massachusetts, Chicago, and San Francisco support Washington.

Boy, if that ain't a list of the usual suspects. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »

I just know some people there, who all say it was less corrupt when Capone ran the place.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
When you saw off Chicago and float it to Canada, don't forget to pick up Detroit along the way.

Why tow it all the way over to Canada?  That'd cost way too much money, given what diesel is going for.

I propose, instead, we only tow them half way, then scuttle them.  Those skyscrapers would make great artificial reefs.  Do it for the children environment!
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:09:25 PM »

I just know some people there, who all say it was less corrupt when Capone ran the place.

The same could be said of the US in general....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:51 AM »
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 02:27:10 AM »

Or a nuclear waste dump.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 02:33:31 AM »
I wonder if the Justices get a complete "WTF" moment like the rest of us when they hear arguments such as this...
Lawyers for D.C. wrote: "The District of Columbia -- a densely populated urban locality where the violence caused by handguns is well documented -- will be unable to enforce a law that its elected officials have sensibly concluded saves lives."

...followed by facts such as this:
D.C. reported 143 gun-related murders last year. In 1976, when the handgun ban was enacted, the district's medical examiner said 135

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 07:37:43 AM »
[RANT ON]

I suppose that being an optimist is politically correct and all that and hoping that the Heller case will go our way pumps a lot of sunshine up gunnies asses but what y'all are all forgetting is that the court reviewing Heller is the same court that gutted the 5th Amendment with it's latest eminent domain ruling - re: the gov can take away your property and give it to a commercial interest if that interest will pay more taxes than you do.

What makes you think those government loving sods aren't going to do exactly the same thing with Heller.

Those guys have been stealing power from the people and giving it to the gov for years. They're not gonna change now, especially not with a case that has the potential to put the big hurt on all the gun control laws the feds have implemented over the past 70 years.

The best you can hope for is that the decision is so narrowly written that it only impacts DC and no where else.

Bush nominated both Roberts and Alito - the same Bush that loves the Patriot act and wants telecommunications companies to be immune from civil action brought on by their illegal cooperation with the JBT's spying on American Citizens. What makes anyone believe that Roberts and Alito don't think just like Bush - that the constitution is just a piece of paper that makes the proles think they're free and not something that will ever get in the way of what our masters want to do?

[RANT OFF]
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »
What makes you think those government loving sods aren't going to do exactly the same thing with Heller.

Because Kelo was a 5-4 decision with Kennedy siding with the government in that case.   It looks like he's siding with Heller on this one.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »
Bush nominated both Roberts and Alito - the same Bush that loves the Patriot act and wants telecommunications companies to be immune from civil action brought on by their illegal cooperation with the JBT's spying on American Citizens. What makes anyone believe that Roberts and Alito don't think just like Bush

USA PATRIOT?  Telecommunications?  Eminent domain?  And now the DC gun ban?  You're talking about a bunch of not-so-related issues, there.   

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 02:44:33 PM »
a rant need not be logical or coherent, thats why its called ranting

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »
Bush nominated both Roberts and Alito - the same Bush that loves the Patriot act and wants telecommunications companies to be immune from civil action brought on by their illegal cooperation with the JBT's spying on American Citizens. What makes anyone believe that Roberts and Alito don't think just like Bush

USA PATRIOT?  Telecommunications?  Eminent domain?  And now the DC gun ban?  You're talking about a bunch of not-so-related issues, there.   

Not really...

They're all issues ndicative of a general mindset that sees nothing wrong and everything right with taking power from the people and putting it into the hands of government. Not a big leap at all.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »
I know what you were trying to say, but it doesn't quite stack up.  Hasn't SCOTUS ruled against Bush in a lot of cases recently, with regards to the fourth amendment and other civil liberty matters?  (Or am I thinking of lower courts?)  What portions of the Patriot Act has the court reviewed and upheld?  And the Patriot Act gets more support on gun forums than in a lot of other places.  It's not as if the two positions are mutually exclusive.  I think we could say the same for the telecommunications issue. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »

Search & seizure......speech......property.....RKBA.......nope, nothing there not related to the Bill of Rights.....move along.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 02:05:04 AM »
 rolleyes  See above.  It is, sadly, a fact that people pick and choose from the Bill of Rights.  The court's position on one or all of those issues is just not an indicator of how they will rule on 2A issues.