Author Topic: A timely reminder of how violent leftists can get...  (Read 7439 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: A timely reminder of how violent leftists can get...
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 06:16:17 AM »

rolleyes

Can you say flying Imams?

The Insidious Blind Terrorist? Cheesy
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

rolleyes

Can you say flying Imams?

The Insidious Blind Terrorist? Cheesy

Nope, not him.  these guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Imams_controversy

Strings

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
Wooderson, I'm REALLY having trouble not going ad hominem at this point. You seem to expect folks to give out mass quantities of personal data to support their position, but enjoy completely dismissing whatever your opponent has to say.

Guess what? You just stepped into the wrong argument. Wink

>Ah, so based on nothing more than "I disagree with them." All your opponents are terra-ist loving seditionists who just might be terra-ists themselves, since they disagree with you.

Glad we got that cleared up.<

*GLEE*

You see, I get to interact with some of the folks we're talking about. The only thing that has kept 'em from stepping completely over the line has been a fear of consequences ("I might get caught"). The younger generation, in WAY too many cases, does not have that fear.

This isn't an "I disagree with them" bias: I've HEARD the talk of some on the far left, discussing ideas for overthrow and discord. Ignored it at the time, because talk is legal. But I've also been watching that younger generation, and THEY scare me: full of fire and idealism, and (for the most part) divorced from any concept of consequences.

But you'll just ignore this, dismiss it as paranoia or something. Since you know nothing about my experiences, or the circles I travel in, you can feel free to do that.

Oddly enough, I'll bet Rev Disk and Broken Paw could corroborate me on this one...

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »
Wooderson, I'm REALLY having trouble not going ad hominem at this point. You seem to expect folks to give out mass quantities of personal data to support their position, but enjoy completely dismissing whatever your opponent has to say.
I expect people to take reasonable positions grounded in reasonable evidence.

"TEH EVIL MUZLIM LEFTIST KKKOMMIES ARE JUST LIKE THE SLA AND ABOUT TO INVADE" or whatever this week's variation might be fails on all counts.

You see, I get to interact with some of the folks we're talking about. The only thing that has kept 'em from stepping completely over the line has been a fear of consequences ("I might get caught"). The younger generation, in WAY too many cases, does not have that fear.

This isn't an "I disagree with them" bias: I've HEARD the talk of some on the far left, discussing ideas for overthrow and discord. Ignored it at the time, because talk is legal. But I've also been watching that younger generation, and THEY scare me: full of fire and idealism, and (for the most part) divorced from any concept of consequences.
"I SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES."

And all Republicans are brutal racists.

Why? Because I "interact with some of [them]." And they all hate black people and Latinos and think they should all be lynched.

Now, I'm not going to get into specifics, or name names, or make any sense at all. But because I disagree with them, and because I can anonymously cast aspersions on their character and potential acts, you should, like, totally believe me.

Dig?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
Actually, Wooderson, you have an incredible ability (which also doubles as a flaw) to dismiss reasonable positions that are supported by reasonable evidence. I've seen you do it time and time again.

Why?

I can only guess that it's because anything that doesn't match lockstep with your own blindered views is immediately categorized as false, extremist, etc.

This entire thread has been on thin ice for some time and I sincerely doubt that it's going to get any better.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.