Author Topic: makes my blood boil  (Read 5090 times)

TMM

• friend
makes my blood boil
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »
http://www.lex18.com/global/story.asp?s=2989614

christ. what is happening to people?
~TMM

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
makes my blood boil
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »
Just think, if Stephen King were coming up through high school in the present day, he'd probably have been arrested many times over.   :cry:

-Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

SpookyPistolero

• friend
makes my blood boil
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 04:54:30 PM »
This is the kind of stuff that makes you really start thinking about 1984. I mean we are way past the 'the line' these days. With the notion of terroristic threatening, everything a person says involving violence is now a felony. Free speech anyone? It's absolutely absurd. I have no doubt that if they were to record conversations between my roommate and and I, I'd have long since gone to prison.

What are we to do? Where will the change come from? What will be the breaking point? Obviously the laws have to change since the politicians in charge of the police do not have the basic humanity to exercise judgment.  They certainly have no moral problem with hauling away children in cuffs (search the roundtable for a story I posted on that subject).

There's a sigline from someone on THR that says something like "Hey?! Where are we going, and why are we in this big basket?"

Sure gives you a reason to buy an MBR though. I'm not sure what the breaking point will be someday, but with things getting this outrageous, mass violence generated by either the police or the enraged populous is not an unimaginable result.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

Standing Wolf

• friend
makes my blood boil
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »
"It didn't mention nobody who lives in Clark County, didn't mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn't mention no principal or cops, nothing," said Poole.

Never learned him nuthin in no English class neither I reckon.

That said", I believe it's worth bearing in mind that Hitler was elected.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Sean Smith

makes my blood boil
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 04:20:19 AM »
That said", I believe it's worth bearing in mind that Hitler was elected.

Nit to pick:  no he wasn't.

Hitler was appointed chancellor by President Hindenburg in 1933 to head a coalition government with 3 Nazis and 8 non-Nazis in the cabinet.  The Nazis never got a majority of the votes in any German election before he took power as chancelor, IIRC the most they got was about 37%.  Hitler lost his bid for the presidency in 1932 by about 6,000,000 votes.

TMM

• friend
makes my blood boil
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »
spookypistolero: MBR?

Chut1st

• http://www.geocities.com/chut1st/night_vision
makes my blood boil
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:31:07 PM »
PC is amokly running.  When kids get suspended for drawing a picture of a gun or possessing a butter knife under a "no tolerance" policy, something is very, very wrong.  This is one more symptom.
"There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action."  Goethe

yesterdaysyouth

• friend
makes my blood boil
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 12:52:05 PM »
i hope they don't go back and read my portfolio.... :shock:

PC is amokly running. When kids get suspended for drawing a picture of a gun or possessing a butter knife under a "no tolerance" policy, something is very, very wrong. This is one more symptom.

on that note...  
i saw on the same station last night that a 7 year old was kicked out of a christian school because his mother wouldn't punish him...

the crime...  he talked during class, and he brought toy guys to school... :shock:

uvakat

• friend
makes my blood boil
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 03:55:52 AM »
What bothers me is that this is happening so quickly. I was in HS when Columbine happened (umm I think I just revealed how old I am lol), but even then we were allowed at least free thought and actions. Heck, I think all of us had pocket knives at all times... but I guess now 4 years later, we would have all been sent to prison. Oh well it's something to think about that scares me... to paraphase Michael Moore (one of the few good things that's ever come out of his mouth) why are we so scared of our kids? (I hate to admit watching Bowling for Columbine but had to for my criminology class)...
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
makes my blood boil
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 09:49:21 AM »
spookypistolero: MBR?

Main Battle Rifle.

Something like a FAL .308, although I guess an M16/AR15 qualifies, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?