Author Topic: CIA Agent/Mall Ninja Down?  (Read 2931 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
CIA Agent/Mall Ninja Down?
« on: April 30, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
Houston PD shot a random old guy. His pals and family claim he's CIA. Apparently a big story in the Houston area.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou080430_tnt_chasefolo.b6bd990f.html?npc

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: CIA Agent/Mall Ninja Down?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »

Easy way to tell.

If they complain about the ten billion TPS reports they filled out and explained how boring their career was, they were probably in the CIA.  Bonus points if they're old codgers and they whine at length starting with "Back in my day..."   Extra bonus points if they sound disappointed regarding the fall of the Berlin Wall.  If they're rabidly misogynistic, it's a definite.

If they claim to be CIA assassains or try to sound like James Bond, they aren't.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
also extra points if they have extra cash around
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »
If they claim to be CIA assassains or try to sound like James Bond, they aren't.
All you really need is a shaved head and a whisper. Everybody'll know you're a SEAL that way.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
You know HPD just be shootin' the bro 'cause he's white.    smiley
For entertainment purposes only.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:42:25 AM »
Another member of the "Grassy Knoll Society" silenced......Coincidence?......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

taurusowner

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 03:03:17 AM »
If they complain about the ten billion TPS reports they filled out and explained how boring their career was, they were probably in the CIA.

QFT.  Just like how the guys at the range who are bad shots but love to brag about how they were SEALs probably wern't.  But the quiet guy who's a good shot, yet claims he was just a supply sergeant, probably was something else.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 03:57:44 AM »
The only time I'd seen a case where a retired SEAL showed they were a retired SEAL was when two thugs tried to mug an older gentleman at an ATM in Miami.

He was a retired SEAL. From the early 60's. He had not forgotten his training. I suppose both thugs were lucky to live, though both ended up in ICU. One had a broken clavicle.

There was also that WWII vet on a tour bus in Costa Rica about a year ago who killed a would-be bus hijacker with his bare hands. I wonder what sort of unit he was in? 

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 04:05:17 AM »
The most interesting thing about that article is that it said nothing whatsoever about what the person in question did that warranted killing him.  There is one mention of a high-speed chase, and the rest of the article is a bunch of nothing about "who was he"Huh?  He was a citizen who got shot to death.  Why?

The previous article in this "developing" series mentioned that he pulled "something shiny" from under his seat, and got himself dead.  It sounds like a case of an overactive imagination and possibly some sort of instability.  Altogether an unfortunate shooting.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:23:39 AM »
There was also that WWII vet on a tour bus in Costa Rica about a year ago who killed a would-be bus hijacker with his bare hands. I wonder what sort of unit he was in?

If memory serves, he was a Marine.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:25:49 AM »

If memory serves, he was a Marine.
That's what I remember reading as well. Reports on exactly how he killed the guy varies though, with one saying a broken collarbone pierced his heart, and the other saying he died of acute broken neck...