Author Topic: AOL Translator  (Read 5919 times)

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
AOL Translator
« on: March 09, 2005, 07:19:34 AM »
Recently, Microsoft came up with the idea of "decrypting" computer-speak for the benefit of parents who might be stymied with what their kids might be writing on the internet.

To help with this, I've linked the english-to-AOL translator here, along with an example translation.

English:
I am writing to you to express my severe dissatisfaction with your mail order service.  I had ordered a pair of Hogue grips for my SP-101, and expressly stated that I preferred to have them delivered to my house.

Two weeks later, I still had not recived my package.  I did recieve an invoice, however, which listed, a full size "adult satisfaction" doll.  To complicate the situation, the shipment had been delivered to my Mother's house, who is a Nun.  By the time I arrived, my mother had unpacked the shipment and, somewhat confused, was trying to have afternoon tea with it.

I am requesting a full refund, and a letter of apology from your company.  I will keep the shipment however.

AOL Translation:
IM WRITNG 2 U 2 3XPR3S MAH SEVERE DISATISFACTION WIT UR MALE ORD3R SERVIEC1!!1 OMG WTF LOL I HAD ORDARAD A PARE OF HOGUE GRIPS FOR MAH SP-101 AND 3XPRESLY STAETD TAHT I PRAFERED 2 HAEV THAM D3LIEVR3D 2 MAH HOUSA
TWO1111!1!! LOL WEKS L8R I STIL HAD NOT RECIEVD MAH PAKAEG11!! I DID RECEIVE AN INVOIEC HOWEVER WHICH LIST3D A FUL SIEZ ADULT SATISFACTION DOL!!!1!!1 WTF 2 COMPLICAET DA SITUATION TEH SHIPMANT HAD BAN D3LIEVRED 2 MAH MOTH3RS HOUSA WHO IS A NUN1!!!!!!! OMG WTF BY TEH TIEM I ARIEVD MAH MOTHAR HAD UNPAKAD TEH SHIPMENT AND WUT CONFUSED WAS TRYNG 2 HAEV AFT3RNON TEA WIT IMM R3QUESTNG A FUL REFUND AND A L3TER OF APOLOGY FROM UR COMPANY1111!!!! I WIL KEP DA SHIPMANT HOWEVER11!1!! WTF LOL

Translator:
http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

Best of luck in your new language!  Cheesy

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor