Author Topic: Want to work in the Gulf cleaning up Katrina...  (Read 1232 times)

lwsimon

Want to work in the Gulf cleaning up Katrina...
« on: August 31, 2005, 04:42:38 PM »
The past few months have been difficult financially for my wife and I, and I have been unable to find a job after being laid off twice.  I would like to help the people effected by the recent hurricane, but finances prohibit me from volunteering.  Do any of you out there know of a contractor or other employer in the area?  I would be willing to travel anywhere from the Florida panhandle to southeast Texas.  

I'm 21, fairly strong, and I'm not afraid of work.  I have some minimal experience as an apprentice electrician doing residential work, but I think the time for rebuilding is still pretty far away.  I can run a chain saw, sledge hammer, jackhammer, whatever is needed.  I have experience with tractors and skid-steers, and I learn fast.  

Any ideas how I could hook up with an employer down south?

lwsimon

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »
If there was more of us, perhaps we could see about going down together.  If I find work, I'll give you a call, I'd love some company on the ride down.  I have a '98 Ford Explorer, and I'll probably be taking it, with a 300 gallon farm tank pulled behind.  I'm DEFINATELY going to need someone else who can handle themselves.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 07:35:40 AM »
Maybe you can spread the word on Craig's List-it seems to one of the primary channels for Gulf related stuff right now.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.