Author Topic: Live Blog from NOLA, with pics/video feed.  (Read 1207 times)

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Live Blog from NOLA, with pics/video feed.
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:35:10 PM »
http://mgno.com/

Evidently these guys are IT folks who are keeping their links up while holding the fort in a high-rise.

Looks like they're a lot like us, except in the middle of it.  Their latest adventure was getting diesel fuel delivered to keep the generators up and running.  They have posted pictures of what's going on with all the s-storm going on around them. T'ain't pretty.  From what I've read on their blog, they have taken in a police officer whose precinct closed up shop and went home.

Makes me want to ship them a case of .45ACP and .308....and a BOB, deluxe-grade.

They also have an IRC channel set up for communications along with their live video feed. True 21st Century front-line reporting.

The looting, they say, is worse than the news reports indicate. They received an e-mail from the building management asking for provisions, including .45ACP. I've read elsewhere that LE has been confiscating ammunition from looted gunshops 'to keep it out of the wrong hands'.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 06:56:57 PM »
Yeah, I've been following this for a while, at first when I was linked to it I thought it was someone from THR or TFL or barfcom or something.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 09:27:35 PM »
That's just amazing.  My hat is off to them.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.