Author Topic: Salmonella  (Read 1449 times)

thebaldguy

• friends
Salmonella
« on: July 07, 2008, 12:57:41 PM »
I think I picked up a dose of salmonella yesterday. It started late Sunday afternoon with chills and body aches. By midnight Sunday, the bathroom and I were best buddies. I also had a fever of over 100 F. I'm feeling a little better today, but I still feel weak. I'm not sure what exactly caused it, but I did manage to eat just about everything on the salmonella watch list. I called in today and have been hitting the liquids and mild foods ok. I may go to work tomorrow.

Has anyone else here got a dose of this bug lately?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Salmonella
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
Nope. I grow my own tomatoes.   grin

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

nico

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:39:23 PM »
not lately, but I had it when I was 8.  I spent two weeks in the hospital and had dozens of blood tests (they weren't sure if it was salmonella or Lyme's disease), but I don't remember feeling all that bad. 

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
Nope (thank god).
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:05:23 PM »
I have to tell ya, I'm a bit leary of eating veggies at this time.  We at at Chili's this eve and the pico that came with the nacho's I ordered caused me to pause for a minute.  After contemplating the outcome I went in with fork in hand and hammered them down. 

Good to hear your feeling better.