Author Topic: It seems that you just can't share some stuff with others  (Read 3699 times)

Suoiruf Selyts

It seems that you just can't share some stuff with others
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:39:50 PM »
I was amazed at the mess created in the restaurant mentioned in this thread, so I shared a bit about it elsewhere.

It would seem that antis are crazy enough to believe that everything can be done without firearms, including bear removal. The obvious exception of Churchill, Manitoba in Canada notwithstanding, without an awful lot of expense and advance planning, there isn't much to be done about a 12 foot tall predator with a two foot wide head except shoot it with the biggest thing you can find, and repeatedly.

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:14:41 PM »
I was ready to agree with the guys on the Mac group, until I saw this:
The bear started to stand up and, with Carlson shining the light on it, Conklin fired the first of two shots with the rifle, hitting the bear in the chest. The bear dropped but was still moving, so Conklin fired again. He shot the bear in the heart with the shotgun.
Ranger Rick sez: If it stands up, it ain't hibernating no more...

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 03:04:10 PM »
Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

If you are well armed, mostly you eat the bear.  I guess that other mac guy gets the latter treatment.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

DigMe

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 09:48:12 AM »
Bears vital functions don't shut down near as much as smaller animals when they hibernate...like a squirrel's temperature and hearbeat drops to extreme lows in hibernation...bears don't go near that low.  Because of that a bear can wake from hibernation and become dangerous very quickly.

brad cook