Author Topic: DC sticks it's thumb in the eye of USSC re it's "emergency legislation"  (Read 8787 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: DC sticks it's thumb in the eye of USSC re it's "emergency legislation"
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 06:21:55 AM »
I sure hope this Dem controlled House and Senate don't slip an AWB-II into this bill.

That's why you let the court handle it.  The actions of this Congress will be a MAJOR litmus test on 2A issues and the new batch of supposed "blue dog" democrats up for re-election.  Frankly, I'm surprised they have the cajones to even address the issue within 90 days of an election.

Here we go again.  We WILL PROBABLY get something bad tacked onto this that affects the entire country, all to get DC handguns a couple of months sooner than if we let the courts fix it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 06:38:36 AM »
Upon checking the Box of Truth (it's dead but there are caches), I discovered that a 9mm Glaser blue tip will go through about 3.75 inches of drywall.

The interior walls of my appartment are approximatel 5 inches thick, and of course the exterior walls are thicker.

the interior walls are also hollow unless there is some great anomaly in building standards
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
While I have no problem with anyone owning a machine gun who can already own a regular firearm, I'd rather we use our resources to get universal access to the tools most of the nation already enjoys before tackling that hurdle.  When folks in DC can have any semi-auto they want, Chicagoans can have CCW, etc, then it's time to work on the machine gun ban.  Let's go for the low hanging fruit first.  If we burn our capital on machine guns, we might not have enough for getting regular stuff in the hands of currently oppressed citizens.

If we went straight for machine guns then wouldn't/shouldn't all else come with it by default?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 01:06:19 AM »
While I have no problem with anyone owning a machine gun who can already own a regular firearm, I'd rather we use our resources to get universal access to the tools most of the nation already enjoys before tackling that hurdle.  When folks in DC can have any semi-auto they want, Chicagoans can have CCW, etc, then it's time to work on the machine gun ban.  Let's go for the low hanging fruit first.  If we burn our capital on machine guns, we might not have enough for getting regular stuff in the hands of currently oppressed citizens.

If we went straight for machine guns then wouldn't/shouldn't all else come with it by default?

Assuming we won, yes. That won't happen though.  There is not way to go from what we have now straight to machine guns except in small circles where the devices are already desired.

Unfortunately, many folks view machine guns negatively.  That negative view sometimes extends to those who lobby for ownership of machine guns.  It's simply a perception issue.  For someone who's questionable on ownership of "normal" firearms, the idea of machine gun ownership is too big of a jump.  Get those folks on board first. 

Chris