Author Topic: Alaskan Police question  (Read 2572 times)

agricola

• friend
Alaskan Police question
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:21:46 AM »
Having heard of the rows about corruption in the Alaskan Republican Party, I was somewhat surprised to see that Sarah Palin herself is embroiled in a scandal of sorts:

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/478011.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121746477267499109.html?mod=hpp_us_whats_news

Opinions?  It seems to me that this officer was very lucky not to get fired, but is this more about anti-Palin factions using this as a stick to beat her with? 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Alaskan Police question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
After having read those two articles, if Alaska doesn't want her, I'll be glad to have her as governor here in Texas.

The trooper is a nut.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »
Having read the articles, it does sound like a trumped-up, bogus charge against Palin.

I'll echo jfruser when I say that unless there's some particularly damning revelation, Ms. Palin would make a fine Texas governor.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »
I dunno ... my only personal experience with Alaska State Troopers was a couple of nice gents who were pointing guns at me  laugh

Seemed to be some sort of mis-identification, though they refused to admit that they were actually looking for someone who I obviously was not.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »
After having read those two articles, if Alaska doesn't want her, I'll be glad to have her as governor here in Texas.

The trooper is a nut.

I wholeheartedly agree....if she won't be my VP, she can be my govenor.....and she's more than welcome to sic the Texas Rangers on her ne'er-do-well BIL.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
She's hot!

*Ahem* I mean, she seems pretty straight-ahead from the stories. Wooten sounds troubled.

What's not to like about a governor who campaigns on ethics, despite her familial relationship to a high-profile LEO with some tarnish on his badge?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »
What's not to like?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 02:02:34 PM »
 Palin for VP!    rolleyes

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 05:34:23 AM »
I think he should be fired and stripped of his APSC certification, but the governor should have stayed out of it and let the system work the way it's supposed to. She's way too close to the matter and any involvement on her part reeks of impropriety.

That said, I think AST is one of the most honorable LE agencies with the highest level of integrity in the country. I've worked with quite a few troopers over the years ( I also FTO'd with them) and I have yet to see anything that would make me question them as an organization.

Even some of the screwball recruits I observed as a TAC officer at the academy have turned out okay.  grin

For all you folks that would like her as VP or a politician in you're own sorry assed state. Forget it. Someone's going to have to fill Uncle Ted's seat when he gets hauled off to Club Fed, and she's about a good a candidate as any.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.