Author Topic: House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking  (Read 7137 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 01:46:37 PM »
When your business is having trouble, you don't set the store on fire to solve the problem.

That's right-but when there's a fire, you don't keep the guy who started it on just because it hasn't yet consumed the entire store.
You favor, then, kicking out Pelosi, Reid, and that bunch?

(One might think, given some of your past comments, that you were speaking of President Bush, but obviously he is not one of those in the running to "keep", so you are evidently speaking of one or more of that who are trying to be returned to office and/or their current leadership posts.)

I am speaking of president Bush AND Pelosi, Reid, and that bunch.  They are two sides of the same coin.  The reason I'm including Bush is that a vote for McCain, due to his ties to Bush and his similar policies, is basically an affirmation of the Bush presidency.

The only real controversies between the two camps are engineered public relations events; there is very little fundamental, principled difference between any of them when it comes to the business of governing.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »
But between 2000-2006 the Republicans have not been significantly better.

I will certainly agree with having been extremely disappointed in the Republicans over that time period.  It's been really hard to tell them from the Democrats.

They did make of couple of really good (it appears so far...) appointments to the Supreme Court.  Smiley

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
The GOP has dung on its hands, that's for sure.  But the policies that will clean up the problem lie with more liberty, not less--and that excludes Democratic "solutions" that will mean much higher taxes and restricted freedom and, it goes without saying, more government.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.