Author Topic: Fake Gun Group Endorses Barrak Obama  (Read 2836 times)

wacki

• friend
Fake Gun Group Endorses Barrak Obama
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:02:49 PM »
FYI: Pennsylvania, which has the highest per capita NRA membership and with 21 electoral votes could make or break this election.  It is currently leaning Obama. 

Found this "American Hunters and Shooters Association" endorsement of Obama via Michelle Malkin 

AHSA Endorses Obama, April 16, 2008 

Obama: He "gets it"

Today, as President of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA), I announced our endorsement of Senator Barack Obama ... [snip]

Senator Obama has clearly demonstrated his commitment to the 2nd Amendment by his vote in support of the Vitter amendment to HR 5441, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill of 2007.  This amendment prevents the Government from confiscating guns in a time of crisis or emergency. Imagine how the citizens felt during Hurricane Katrina when government agents kicked in doors to confiscate law abiding citizens' guns at a time when they needed them the most.  We know Senator Obama "gets it."  To say that he is an elitist is patently ridiculous. To hunters and shooters everywhere, Senator Obama's vote demonstrated a fundamental understanding of the meaning of the 2nd Amendment which means he recognizes the individual right of all citizens to keep and bear arms. .....[snip]

The NRA fact sheet says otherwise (linky).  The waybackmachine says this website is rather new and was founded in 2005

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Fake Gun Group Endorses Barrak Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »
I think we'd all like to see Obama "get it."   cheesy
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:17:01 PM »
Always handy to have the endorsement of some trumped-up "pro gun group" when you are trying to gain the vote from them bitter folk clinging to their guns and religion and intolerance.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:28:43 AM »

Check out their history:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=232

And check out their board members:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?id=200
Board Member Ray Schoenke has supported myriad liberal causes in recent years. He has made political contributions to Al Gore, Barbara Boxer, Bill Clinton, Dianne Feinstein, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry. In 2000, Schoenke donated $5,000 to Handgun Control, Inc. Contributions were also made to HCI by the Ray and Holly Schoenke Foundation, enough to earn him a slot as a major benefactor of the annual HCI fundraising dinner.

Board member John Rosenthal remains the leader of Stop Handgun Violence, the Massachusetts anti-gun group. He, too, is a former member of the HCI board of directors.

AHSA board member Joe Vince is a former BATF employee who made himself infamous as a key architect of the Clinton-Gore regulatory assault on the Second Amendment.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »
We've known about this bunch for a while...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
The NRA fact sheet says otherwise (linky).  The waybackmachine says this website is rather new and was founded in 2005

Agreed that the group is astroturfing.  But to be fair, they do claim in the second sentence of their second paragraph that their group is only two years old.  So you'd want to point out

We were formed two years ago because our research shows that millions of gun owners wanted a change.

What I don't get is the attempt at astroturfing.  No one under the sun would buy Obama being pro-liberty in any way, shape or form.  Let alone pro-2A. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
What I don't get is the attempt at astroturfing.  No one under the sun would buy Obama being pro-liberty in any way, shape or form.  Let alone pro-2A.

You would be surprised.  Heck, there are even posters on THR and TFL that doubt claims that Obama is an anti.  In fact, we've even had debates on this forum.  It almost makes me want to put on a tin foil hat.

Post this stuff on any non-gun forum with even a modicum of Obama supporters and you will find yourself in a hot debate with people claiming you are "paranoid".

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

You would be surprised.  Heck, there are even posters on THR and TFL that doubt claims that Obama is an anti.  In fact, we've even had debates on this forum.  It almost makes me want to put on a tin foil hat.

Post this stuff on any non-gun forum with even a modicum of Obama supporters and you will find yourself in a hot debate with people claiming you are "paranoid".

Considering some Obama supporters are casting him in quasi-religious messiah terms, I'm not surprised.   Anyone who doubts the word of the One is misguided (if the supporters are not in power), paranoid (if they are gaining power) or heretics to be purified (if they are in power).
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 04:13:38 AM »
I've seen Obama support from FUDDs, not surprisingly. "You don't need more than five rounds for hunting! Hi-caps are just for killing people!"

They sometimes shut up when you make them realize that their scoped hunting rifle is a "high powered sniper rifle" to the Dems.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
I've seen Obama support from FUDDs, not surprisingly. "You don't need more than five rounds for hunting! Hi-caps are just for killing people!"

What about the fact some people need killing?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 03:43:13 PM »
What about the fact some people need killing?

YOU CAN'T BE TAKING THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS, YOU LAWLESS VIGILANTE!

That's what they say to that.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!