Author Topic: MA governor gets smacked over CCW license fee increase proposal  (Read 1850 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
He tried.

SECTION 27. Section 131F of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 53, the figure  $100″; and inserting in place thereof the following figure:- $250.

That was PER YEAR. But he failed.

Governor's Fee Increase - The Governor's proposal to increase firearm license fees was defeated thanks to the quick action of  Rep. Denis Guyer in filing an amendment to remove the increased fees from the bill. There was a strong showing for  Rep. George Peterson's amendment in the House to actually decrease the fees to $40, but the Senate did not concur with the House on the action to decrease the fees. In the end the fees remain the same which is still a tremendous victory for lawful gun owners having sent a very strong message to the Governor.

Deval Patrick, an ineffectual, passive-aggressive liberal who earned the nickname "DeVille" for replacing the state Crown Vic with a $40K Cadillac for his personal use. A preview of life under Obama. Gangstas don't get licenses, but you can hear gunshots in Dorchester, Roxbury, Lawrence nightly. Solution: Charge the law-abiding citizens who don't commit crimes $250 a year to have a concealed weapon. And this is while he does everything he can to ban police from cooperating with ICE when they arrest (and promptly release) violent MS-13 criminals here illegally! Can't have socialsm without an engineered crisis of public safety that The Government will need to raise taxes to claim to deal with? Is it that? Or are they just outright stupid?

I mostly care about that because the criminals they don't deal with keep leaking up here. 99% of the time when a violent crime happens, it's someone from Lawrence. Mostly drug dealers, mostly MS-13 sorts here illegally from El Salvador. That, and the only way to travel safely into MA is armed. It's getting bad down there.

One of the Republicans tossed in an amendment that would have increased the non-res CCW duration to six years. The House voted yes, the Senate, stuffed with leftist liberals, knocked that out, unfortunately.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: MA governor gets smacked over CCW license fee increase proposal
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
Is Taxachussets still in the United States? I thought Canada took it.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »
In the end the fees remain the same which is still a tremendous victory for lawful gun owners having sent a very strong message to the Governor.

And every body praised the Duke   
  Who this great fight did win.   
But what good came of it at last?   
  Quoth little Peterkin:   
Why that I cannot tell, said he,          
But twas a famous victory.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 05:22:50 AM »
Crime is getting worse in Massachusetts?  Well, after I got jumped in Boston Commons at 6:00AM summer of 2007, I did not think it COULD get worse!!!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
When it comes to Gun Control measures, preventing it from getting worse is a win.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »
Crime is getting worse in Massachusetts?  Well, after I got jumped in Boston Commons at 6:00AM summer of 2007, I did not think it COULD get worse!!!

There's been at least two broad daylight gang fights right across from Faneuil Hall, one involving machete fighting, a la MS-13. And, of course, dozens and dozens of shootings, with uncooperative witnesses.