Author Topic: Obama's 10 Point Plan for Changing the Second Amendment: Evidence - ammo ban  (Read 3007 times)

wacki

• friend
I'm compiling evidence for the NRA's 10 points of Obama's plan for change. I just finished 1 out of 10. Please review and comment. Constructive criticism is more than welcome.

http://obamagun.blogspot.com/2008/08/ban-rifle-ammunition-commonly-used-for.html

Manedwolf

• friend
Another rifle caliber, the 30.30 caliber, was responsible for penetrating three officers armor and killing them in 1993, 1996, and 2002. This ammunition is also capable of puncturing light-armored vehicles, ballistic or armored glass, armored limousines, even a 600-pound safe with 600 pounds of safe armor plating.

Huh. I had no idea that thuty-thuty out of a lever action could do stuff that tungsten core AP 30-06 could not. It must be magic.

longeyes

• friend
.30-30s don't kill people.  Deerhunters do. grin

Orange vests morph into orange suits.  It is written.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I know the site is under construction, but I hope in the finished product, that the ten points are numbered, spelled out very clearly, with double-spacing between each "point."

Also, at first glance, the poster seems to credit Obama with "hard-fought reforms" and "hard-fought protections." 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
30/30 penetrate light armored vehicles?  Are those the ones use in paint ball wars? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

alan2

Regarding Obama's 10 or however many points there might be, and Kennedy's ammunition characterizing and ban proposals, readers should remember the following. The unchanging goal of the anti gunners, from their own mouths, is simply as follows. The total proscription of firearms, except possibly for those in the hands of "government".

If they can obtain their goal in one fell swoop, they will take it that way, though more likely they can/will obtain their goals incrementally due to the following. The pro gun side will "rise to the occasion", however we are not likely to see as grand charge of antis across no-man's land, with fixed bayonets.  The issue will finally revolve around the following question, it strikes me. Does the pro gun side have the staying power to fight a long gorilla type war, one replete with the now and then hot fire fight, but one more likely composed of endless patrol actions. The antis seem to have the necessary staying power. As to the situation with the pro gun side, I sometimes wonder.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Regarding Obama's 10 or however many points there might be, and Kennedy's ammunition characterizing and ban proposals, readers should remember the following. The unchanging goal of the anti gunners, from their own mouths, is simply as follows. The total proscription of firearms, except possibly for those in the hands of "government".

If they can obtain their goal in one fell swoop, they will take it that way, though more likely they can/will obtain their goals incrementally due to the following. The pro gun side will "rise to the occasion", however we are not likely to see as grand charge of antis across no-man's land, with fixed bayonets.  The issue will finally revolve around the following question, it strikes me. Does the pro gun side have the staying power to fight a long gorilla type war, one replete with the now and then hot fire fight, but one more likely composed of endless patrol actions. The antis seem to have the necessary staying power. As to the situation with the pro gun side, I sometimes wonder.

It's guerrilla...

What worries me the most is that antis are for the most part united.

Gunowners, however, are divided into a couple of different camps. You've got people like me (and most of this board). We are hardcore 2nd Amendment supporters.

Then, there are FUDDs and the like. People like that bastard David E. Petzel, a writer at Field and Stream magazine, fully support "reasonable restrictions" and crap on our guns, so long as they can have their hunting rifles and shotguns. People like Petzel, who  happily supported the AWB (and AWB II).

We gun owners are severely divided. If we can't get the FUDDs to see that the antis are going to take away their hunting guns, then we are simply screwed...

I take note of the gunshops and pawnshops in my town. We have 3 standard gunshops and 3 pawnshops that sell guns.

One of the gunshops/hunting shops has only hunting rifles and nothing else. Granted, they may have no problem with EBRs, they simply don't sell them. One gunshop sells mainly EBRs, and one gunshop sells mainly hunting rifles with some EBRs. The pawnshops sell similar to the two shops that cater to the hunting market...there are far, far more bolt action hunting rifles for sale than EBRs in this town.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

alan2

Avenger29:

Re your reference to "ERB's", you lost me. Please clarify.

Thanks.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Avenger29:

Thanks.

Evil Black Rifles.  Usually refers to para-military AR15 pattern rifles.

Manedwolf

• friend
Avenger29:

Thanks.

Evil Black Rifles.  Usually refers to para-military AR15 pattern rifles.

Or anything that uses a Kalashnikov derivative action, since it's an EVIL EVIL AK-47...

alan2

Manedwolf and Nick 1911:

Thank you both.