Author Topic: Stores required by law in L.A. to shelter "Day Laborers"  (Read 4902 times)

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Stores required by law in L.A. to shelter "Day Laborers"
« on: August 15, 2008, 03:57:37 AM »
Apparently residents near "Day Laborer" centers in LA have problems with these fine folks pissing and crapping in their yards, and strewing trash everywhere.

Los Angeles's Answer: Force stores to set up centers for them:

http://www.knbc.com/news/17183208/detail.html

יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Stores required by law in L.A. to shelter "Day Laborers"
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:10 AM »
A great place for ICE to set up  shop as well.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 04:32:13 AM »
Lowes not required to build shelters because they target women? Not the ones I've been in, and my local Home Depot has lots of women shopping in it (not "tagging along" with their husbands).

And I don't understand what that has to do with anything. And I don't understand how this is legal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 04:33:31 AM »
Unanimous vote.  Every time there's a story like this out of the People's Republic of California, I swear they'll never top it.  I'm like 0 for 250.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 04:52:39 AM »
So Home Depot is being FORCED to provide facilities for persons who are neither employees nor customers?

Is there SOME way a lawyer can get a Third Amendment violation out of this?

(Hmmm . . . can they provide the shelter with a TV running an endless loop of speeches by folks like Tom Tancredo?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 04:56:23 AM »
Home Depot was considering closing more stores.

I think their decision making in meetings just got a whole lot easier, in picking locations to close...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 05:08:30 AM »
Contingent workers?

That's a new one.

What are they contingent on?

Getting nailed by La Migra and shipped south?  rolleyes
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »
How does the law single out Home Depot and not apply to Lowes?  It sounds like it was written on a square foot basis, and at least where I live the stores are about the same size.

I wonder if Krispy Kreme will have to build shelters for fat people?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 07:12:48 AM »
In the DC metro area at least it seems that Home Depot does a LOT more contractor business than the local Lowes.

It might be based on something like that, and that's why the professional illegal aliens are gathering there.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 07:19:11 AM »
In the DC metro area at least it seems that Home Depot does a LOT more contractor business than the local Lowes.

It might be based on something like that, and that's why the professional illegal aliens are gathering there.

There's nothing professional about them.  They're just leeches, sucking money from our country, sending it south, destroying our neighborhoods, and taking jobs from Americans.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 07:22:39 AM »
I vote for summoning Lon Horiuchi and crew to the location.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:01:12 AM »
I vote for summoning Lon Horiuchi and crew to the location.
You have to be clear - which location, the local Home Depot store or the LA City Council chambers?  police
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »
The lines are being drawn, day by day: Government & Business on one side, the American People & The Law on the other.

We have a rogue state in cahoots with unscrupulous businesspeople who are raping this Republic.

A "sanctuary city" is just a euphemism for a lawless polity in which selfish interests rule with an iron hand in despite of the law.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

taurusowner

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
longeyes, how exactly are the business people in favor of being forced to provide shelters, restrooms, etc?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »
longeyes, how exactly are the business people in favor of being forced to provide shelters, restrooms, etc?

Not those business people. The business people who support the alien invasion are those who hire the illegals.

Such as the low-ball contractors who stop by Home Despot first thing in the morning to pick up a load of shingles for the day's job, and hire on a crew of "contingent laborers" for the day at the same time.

One stop shopping. What's not to like? Unless you're a professional carpenter/roofer who wouldn't mind having a job, like maybe putting down a roof ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »

Not those business people. The business people who support the alien invasion are those who hire the illegals.

Such as the low-ball contractors who stop by Home Despot first thing in the morning to pick up a load of shingles for the day's job, and hire on a crew of "contingent laborers" for the day at the same time.

One stop shopping. What's not to like? Unless you're a professional carpenter/roofer who wouldn't mind having a job, like maybe putting down a roof ...

They wouldn't feel the need to if the fkn liberals would stop raising the minimum wage, and the Unions would realize that thier biggest threat are illegals.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 09:31:56 AM »
"I vote for summoning Lon Horiuchi and crew to the location."

"if the fkn liberals"

Anyone want to take a guess why this thread is closed?

Let me give you a hint and tell you not to bother.