Main Forums > The Roundtable

Best Circular Saw for under $75

(1/3) > >>

Wedge:
What is the best circular saw, available from Sears for under $75?  I have some gift cards to spend and no circular saw.

DigMe:
It's hard to go wrong with Craftsman products just based on the ones myself and my dad have had.  Just bought a new Craftsman lawn mower the other day.

brad cook

Wedge:
Cool.  I have quite a few Craftsman hand tools but none of their power tools.  I want a larger bottom plate (can't remember what it is called) so that I can finger rip 4 or 6".  Some of the cheaper saws I have really lousy bottom plates.

Fly320s:
Wedge, I don't know much about saws but I'd suggest buying one with a large blade diameter.

I have a cordless circular saw (Craftsman 24.4v) with a 5 or 6 inch blade.  It doesn't cut deep enough, even at it's deepest setting.  I'd go with a 8-10 inch blade to give yourself good cutting depth.

Otherwise, DigMe has it right, go with Craftsman.

DigMe:

--- Quote ---
I have a cordless circular saw (Craftsman 24.4v) with a 5 or 6 inch blade.  It doesn't cut deep enough, even at it's deepest setting.  I'd go with a 8-10 inch blade to give yourself good cutting depth.

How's the power on that saw?  Does it cut through hard woods?  My friend brought over a cordless Black and Decker (*shiver*) when he was helping me build my fence and it seemed to have trouble just getting through some of the wood...then again it was a Black and Decker and I'm pretty sure it wasn't 24v so those things could have something to do with it.  I need a circular saw and I'm interested in cordless but I'm kinda worried about cutting power.

brad cook

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version