Author Topic: What caliber for....  (Read 2729 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
What caliber for....
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:42:00 AM »
.....Zombie Tom Gresham?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
Re: What caliber for....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:20:19 AM »
I was thinking you better make sure you have good cover.  He can probably still shoot better than me as a Zombie.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:41 AM »
.666 Schumer Express
Most often used on those who get between the senor Senator from NY and a camera.

.45 DSFPS (Donna Shalala Fetal Position & Scream)
Actually never fired. Firearms chambered in this round are usually dropped to the ground, soon followed by the "shooter," after which pathetic mewling can be detected from inside the quivering, gelatinous mass of humanity wallowing in its own helplessness.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 06:33:34 AM »
Actually never fired. Firearms chambered in this round are usually dropped to the ground, soon followed by the "shooter," after which pathetic mewling can be detected from inside the quivering, gelatinous mass of humanity wallowing in its own helplessness.
You mean it's a French military arm?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:37:59 AM »
A fine Purdey double......just throw it at him and he'll be occupied with it for days....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
You mean it's a French military arm?

I used to make jokes about French guns till I tried someone's (not Century-destroyed) MAS 49/56. Thing is .308, pretty much, and rock solid. Those, I can picture some Foreign Legionnaire kicking insurgents' asses in Côte d'Ivoire with one, and then having some vin ordinaire from a jerrycan.

But then they went to the FAMAS...

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:42 AM »
Actually, the French have produced some good - or even excellent - and innovative military arms. The French 75mm gun was one heckuva artillery piece in WWI . . . then there's smokeless powder . . .

Of course, as for the users . . .  rolleyes
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »
The FAMAS actually has a decent in-service reputation.

Far better than the Brit's contemporary (whose designation escapes me at the moment).
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:45 AM »

Far better than the Brit's contemporary (whose designation escapes me at the moment).

SA-80.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »

Apparently they sent off all of the weapons to H&K to have them fix them. They apparently work now, more or less. Going from the FAL to the SA80 must've been a rather unpleasant shock for the Brits.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:36 AM »

Apparently they sent off all of the weapons to H&K to have them fix them. They apparently work now, more or less. Going from the FAL to the SA80 must've been a rather unpleasant shock for the Brits.

I have to wonder how many in Iraq now would like their L1A1s back like we're getting the M-14's back.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:07 AM »

I have to wonder how many in Iraq now would like their L1A1s back like we're getting the M-14's back.
When was the last time they used the L1A1? Falklands?
I know that we still have quite a lot of our AK4's (H&K G3). We've given away a lot of them to the Baltic countries though. Although I guess that's better than having them melted down. Homeguard still has them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
Don't forget about the Minié ball.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
What caliber for really bizarre threads? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »

Just need Mike's ban/thread closing stick.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »

.22 LR. *

*Long Ramble.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.