Author Topic: Father hits naked boyfriend in daughters bedroom, now the DAD is facing charges?  (Read 52674 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
I will explain to him/her/it that the only 100% birth control is avoiding vaginal sex altogether.

All.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Yeah, that works.

Yeah, you know, a physical barrier between the two partners decreases the chances of pregnancy.

There is only one form of birth control that works.

You're... joking, right?

I don't consider it wise to trust one's life and future to a thin film product manufactured at the lowest possible cost.

I am IN the medical industry. I read the journals that come in. It's almost a joke how little regulation of microscopic flaws there are for those as opposed to surgical films.

Not to mention, an excited 16 year old is running the risk of not even using the thing properly....
I will explain to him/her/it that the only 100% birth control is avoiding vaginal sex altogether.

Tell that to my buddies 16 year old (well, she's 22 now).  Being a good Mormon girl she didn't have vaginal sex....only oral with her BF.  Yeah now she's got herpes.  I remember being 16years old.....teenagers are morons, pumped full of hormones, lacking common sense, and sexually fertile.  Thats a combination for disaster.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Note, from the original article, the boy was standing on the bed, which seems to imply he was setting up to do something that requires the other person's consent.

Or the other person's fear, if she was just told to not make a sound or she'd be killed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
You used the term 'birth control'.

remember being 16years old..

So do I. I was not a moron then, and few people were. I knew some real morons, but then I knew some real morons when I was in the Army, too.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
And sorry, but everytime I've seen the product of overly permissive parents, they've been one messed-up kid. And I used to teach in summers. I could see which were heading for trouble because their parents wanted to be their friend instead of an authority figure.

My father was never 'overly permissive'.  You've read my descriptions of him elsewhere on his forum.

Marnoot

• friend
Tell that to my buddies 16 year old (well, she's 22 now).  Being a good Mormon girl she didn't have vaginal sex....only oral with her BF.  Yeah now she's got herpes.  I remember being 16years old.....teenagers are morons, pumped full of hormones, lacking common sense, and sexually fertile.  Thats a combination for disaster.

Not to get too off topic, but she wasn't being a good Mormon girl if she had oral sex with her BF. No sexual relations of any kind before or outside of marriage, period, is the moral standard to which we adhere.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
...me having no children is relevant, how?

Think of having (and being properly responsible for) a kid as gaining a new sense. 

Before you had the kid/sense, there is no real reference point to understand what those who had the kid/sense are speaking about.  Similar to the description of color to a blind person.  Telling them the wavelength and place in the EM spectrum does not convey the human perception of color.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages

Not to get too off topic, but she wasn't being a good Mormon girl if she had oral sex with her BF. No sexual relations of any kind before or outside of marriage, period, is the moral standard to which we adhere.

Teenagers aren't the brightest creatures and I noticed after living in Utah that many of them interpret that how they see fit.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Marnoot

• friend

Teenagers aren't the brightest creatures and I noticed after living in Utah that many of them interpret that how they see fit.

All too true.

MicroBalrog

• friend
...me having no children is relevant, how?

Think of having (and being properly responsible for) a kid as gaining a new sense. 

Before you had the kid/sense, there is no real reference point to understand what those who had the kid/sense are speaking about.  Similar to the description of color to a blind person.  Telling them the wavelength and place in the EM spectrum does not convey the human perception of color.

Well, since I'm not properly qualified to have an opinion on the issue, I'll simply say that that's how my father did it, and I turned out all right.

mtnbkr

• friend
Well, since I'm not properly qualified to have an opinion on the issue, I'll simply say that that's how my father did it, and I turned out all right.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  I'm not leaving anything to chance.

Chris

MicroBalrog

• friend

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  I'm not leaving anything to chance.

Your child-rearing practices are not the subject of my criticism in this thread. That's Mrs. mtnbkr's job. Cheesy

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Regardless, even if it is a person I disapprove of, I will not take to attacking him with lethal force. My disagreement with you is only as to that point, and that point alone. I respect your choice otherwise.

That's assuming you find about the relationship sometime other than in the dark of night, preferably not in your teen's bedroom while naked.  Educate your kid right and you shouldn't have to worry about that.  Clothed in the living room in the afternoon is much preferable in the interest of preventing protective parent injuries.

Tell that to my buddies 16 year old (well, she's 22 now).  Being a good Mormon girl she didn't have vaginal sex....only oral with her BF.  Yeah now she's got herpes.

Well, he was talking about birth control, not STD prevention.  That's a somewhat different topic, though related.  Disease prevention should be comprehensive and include what are commonly called STDs - remember, most have transmission methods outside of sex, it's just that sex is a primary infection vector.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Some of my favorite MicroBalrog quotes so far....

Suppose, for example, that the two young people were playing chess rather than diddling, or having a British tea ceremony. It would surely not be okay to shoot the young man in THAT situation.

Yes it would....British teas are horrible.... Tongue

Yeah, you know, a physical barrier between the two partners decreases the chances of pregnancy.

Agreed......and I will be that barrier....

Maybe it's just a case of European permissiveness vs. Southern family protectiveness, but I'm not as forgiving or mellow about my (future) children engaging in risky behaviors under my roof while I still draw breath. If that means I'm known around town as the scary dad (with excellent aim), then so be it. At least I'm being a father to my (future) children.

Tell you what, MB.....you raise your children your way & I'll raise mine my way & we'll see who becomes a grandpa first...  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
scary dad (with excellent aim), then so be it. At least I'm being a father to my (future) children.

That is me.

I have told my daughter I was going to parade outside her bedroom window in uniform carrying my Mini-14. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
"Before you take my little girl on a date tonight, I want to remind you: I have a shotgun and a shovel, and I know how to use both..." Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Manedwolf

• friend
scary dad (with excellent aim), then so be it. At least I'm being a father to my (future) children.

That is me.

I have told my daughter I was going to parade outside her bedroom window in uniform carrying my Mini-14. grin

Well, at least with that gun, nobody could accuse you of threatening to use lethal force...safest place to be is where it's aimed after it heats up. grin

*kidding*

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
I never got the whole "threatening boyfriends" thing. Do you think your daughter is a slut, unable to exercise restraint?  Kinda like a guy who's wife cheats on him, and he wants to kill the other man. The other dude never promised to be faithful to me, my wife did. If she ever cheated I'd be pissed at her.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friend
I let this thread go for a way.  I haven't read every response, so I'm going with the first report.

I hear a noise.  It's in my daughter's room.  She's underage.  I walk in and there's a naked guy. 

[The naked guy is lucky I only had a pipe].

Can't imagine why I had a pipe, but if that's all I had, I'd lunge and smack the guy.

I can easily articulate why I did it.  That should be the end of the whole drama.

If there are other issues involved, I'd be saying I was not aware of them prior to the incident.  I'd win in court.  Hopefully!  undecided

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Balog, there's an old joke that goes something like this:

An expectant father was in the waiting room for the blessed event, when the nurse came in and congratulated him on his new baby boy.

The father jumped into the air, whooping and shouting, and gave the nurse a cigar.

The nurse asked him if he would have done the same were it a girl instead of a boy.

The father replied, "No, probably not."

The nurse asked, "Why not?"

"Because, when he becomes a teenager, I only have to worry about just one penis.  Were it a girl, I'd have to worry about all of them!"

(With apologies to Mtnbkr, et al...)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

The Annoyed Man

"Before you take my little girl on a date tonight, I want to remind you: I have a shotgun and a shovel, and I know how to use both..." Wink

i like  hi son  whatever you do to my daughter on your date i am gonna do to you when you bring her home. keep that in mind and have a fun time. give him a lil wink and send em on their way

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
All visible penises in my house will be treated as hostile...

'cepting my own of course.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
Quote from Manedwolf:
I am IN the medical industry. I read the journals that come in. It's almost a joke how little regulation of microscopic flaws there are for those as opposed to surgical films.

That's interesting. When I was in Jr. High health class someone who worked for a Crisis Pregnancy Center came in and told my class that the AIDS virus was smaller than the pores in latex and could get through.

My Bio teacher, on the other hand, said that he doubted that was true. I think he may have been right because I heard about a country in SE Asia where the rate of infection has gone down since the government started promoting condom use.
I just started chem, so I don't know how closely bonded the atoms of latex are.

I would like to hear your informed opinion on the subject of condom affectiveness.

Manedwolf

• friend
A good deal of condoms aren't latex anymore due to widespread latex allergies. Those that are and aren't, it's not so much the pores, it's the manufacturing defects.

They're just not as tightly controlled as medical implants or other such things. They're a product, made on machines, in factories. Probably irradiated for sterility, of course, but they are not made like surgical mesh or film is, in cleanrooms with technicians monitoring every step and continually checking every batch with everything including laser scanning. It's why surgical mesh costs $100 for a tiny piece and a condom is $1.

Yes, some have very tiny perforations at times. Or they can break. They're far from perfect. They're better than nothing, but IMO, people should not be messing around unless they are both A) CERTIFIED clean with recent tests, and B) the woman is on the pill or using a secondary method as well, such as a sponge, with the condom.

I consider condoms to be...kind of like Russian roulette with a gun with 500 barrels. Yeah, the chances of a flaw are low. But if there is one, you won't know till it's too late, and someone gets something or becomes a parent.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
That's interesting. When I was in Jr. High health class someone who worked for a Crisis Pregnancy Center came in and told my class that the AIDS virus was smaller than the pores in latex and could get through.

An overall false statement, I think.  Viruses are larger than water molecules, after all, and the things are waterproof.

Even if it was true, it's enough to contain the liquid the viruses are suspended in, and viruses aren't separately mobile.

Yes, some have very tiny perforations at times. Or they can break.

This is why many/most have spermicidal lube as a backup.  Sometimes the lube is also supposed to deactivate viruses/bacteria of common STDs.

That said, multiple methods add up quickly.  95% effective condoms + 99% effective pill = 99.95% effective, used properly.